Trivial Question on Oceania Club Benefits - Silver

roothy123

58 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Yes you can - it is an improvement.

Welcome back CintiPam - stick around 🙂

Thanks, Paulchili. We just booked a Marina cruise sailing May 3 from Barcelona to Rome, the privilege of  spouse’s recent retirement so no more vacation days restrictions.  

For someone who always booked at least one year in advance, it certainly was odd to pay all immediately because it is less than 90 days until we sail.  We now have to decide on our four (maybe more now due to your helpful post!) ship’s tours before more are closed because they are full.

I certainly noticed that in the past year the number of tours included in OLife certainly have been reduced with many more now only labeled OS and OE.

8 minutes ago, CintiPam said:

Thanks, Paulchili. We just booked a Marina cruise sailing May 3 from Barcelona to Rome, the privilege of  spouse’s recent retirement so no more vacation days restrictions.  

For someone who always booked at least one year in advance, it certainly was odd to pay all immediately because it is less than 90 days until we sail.  We now have to decide on our four (maybe more now due to your helpful post!) ship’s tours before more are closed because they are full.

I certainly noticed that in the past year the number of tours included in OLife certainly have been reduced with many more now only labeled OS and OE.

Not really true. The under $200 non-meal and mostly panoramic tours that are allowable O Life selections are still there. What's changed is that quite a few more costly tours (OE/OS et al.) have been added.

3 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Not really true. The under $200 non-meal and mostly panoramic tours that are allowable O Life selections are still there. What's changed is that quite a few more costly tours (OE/OS et al.) have been added.

Well, to stop in Palamós, where there is NO tourist infrastructure and not have ANY tour offered at all to the Dali Museum for under $230 IMO IS a reduction.  

Also, IMO there certainly IS a reduction on this particular cruise of both (1) non-panoramic tours priced between $119 and $199 and (2) offered non-OE and non-OS.  Perhaps one could say it is because Oceania has reduced its tour prices in the past year but I say differently.  

36 minutes ago, ORV said:

Paul, I see you are on Insignia. As many things with Oceania the new perks rollout is in stages, different dates for different ships. You are lucky that Insignia is the last. 

That’s great news - we are lucky. It also still shows the 2 spa credits which M will appreciate and miss in the future a lot more than the extra $100 of OBC.

17 minutes ago, CintiPam said:

Well, to stop in Palamós, where there is NO tourist infrastructure and not have ANY tour offered at all to the Dali Museum for under $230 IMO IS a reduction.  

Also, IMO there certainly IS a reduction on this particular cruise of both (1) non-panoramic tours priced between $119 and $199 and (2) offered non-OE and non-OS.  Perhaps one could say it is because Oceania has reduced its tour prices in the past year but I say differently.  

Pam - we will visit Palamos on Marina as well but not till Nov ‘20. I would be interested in hearing what you thought of it. We have been to the Dali museum - I am sure that you will like it. Wouldn’t mind going back again.

About using OBC for pre-booking tours - I hope you can do it. Somehow I am thinking it applies to cruises after 5/19/19? but I could be wrong.

Edited by Paulchili

Just now, Paulchili said:

About using OBC for pre-booking tours - I hope you can do it. Somehow I am thinking it applies to cruises after 5/19? but I could be wrong.

according to the announcement you are correct  but  with Oceania  who knows  😉

1 minute ago, Paulchili said:

Pam - we will visit Palamos on Marina as well but not till Nov ‘20. I would be interested in hearing what you thought of it. We have been to the Dali museum - I am sure that you will like it. Wouldn’t mind going back again.

About using OBC for pre-booking tours - I hope you can do it. Somehow I am thinking it applies to cruises after 5/19? but I could be wrong.

So you both have raised and dashed my hopes in only a couple of hours.  😁.

On the other hand, I was not aware of the reduction in OBC for Silver cruisers to $250 starting in the fall until I read this thread, so I still get the $400 in May!  

At this stage in my life, I (hopefully) do not get quite as excited or disappointed about any of this; at least that is my aspiration.

Pam - if you are concerned about being shut out of some tours (like Dali), you should book it now and pay for it and then exchange it for the OBC tour and get refundable OBC back in exchange.

That is what we used to in the past without any problems.

Edited by Paulchili

5 hours ago, ORV said:

As many things with Oceania the new perks rollout is in stages, different dates for different ships.

I can certainly see how and why the drydocks are staged on different dates for different ships. However, I can't see why the benefits should be rolled out individually for each ship at different times rather than all at once for the whole fleet (like using OBC for tour booking on cruises after5/19).

As I am benefiting from the late roll out on Insignia, I am not complaining, just wondering :classic_unsure:

Edited by Paulchili

perhaps  my eyes are not working right  but I see no mention of the OBC prebooking  rolling out in stages

It says can be used on voyages departing  on or after May 19th

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/media/2018/OCEANIA+CRUISES+UNVEILS+NEW+GUEST+EXPERIENCE+ENHANCEMENTS+-+More+Convenient+Ways+to+Plan%2c+Save%2c+Spend%2c+and+Travel+are+part+of+OceaniaNEXT/

2 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

perhaps  my eyes are not working right  but I see no mention of the OBC prebooking  rolling out in stages

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/media/2018/OCEANIA+CRUISES+UNVEILS+NEW+GUEST+EXPERIENCE+ENHANCEMENTS+-+More+Convenient+Ways+to+Plan%2c+Save%2c+Spend%2c+and+Travel+are+part+of+OceaniaNEXT/

I was referring to the new Club Levels. 

7 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Lyn - I didn't mean to confuse you. My point was that the use of OBC for excursions is rolled out on the same date (5/19) for all ships - why not the same policy for Club levels/benefits on all the ships at once.

Edited by Paulchili

Just now, Paulchili said:

Lyn - I didn't mean to confuse you. My point was that the use of OBC for excursions is rolled out on the same date (5/19) for all ships - why not the same policy for Club levels/benefits on all the ships at once.

I guess  that is  why I am confused  I thought the new Oceania Club benefits   went into effect  Nov 1st  on all ships

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/experience/oceania-club/levels-new-amenities/

OH MY GOODNESS  I need a nap

5 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Confusions reigns all around :classic_biggrin:

Time will tell

Enjoy your nap :classic_happy:

8 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

The club "levels" will not have changed as of November. Rather the loyalty SBC amounts for each level are being modified.

There is more than the SBC being modified. Surely you are aware of this? 

Just noticed that the Shore Excursions page of the Manage Booking area for the May 3 cruise we just booked last week states at the top in all caps that “Shore Excursions Can Be Paid Using Shipboard Credit”.  So no need to wait until onboard or late May or November??

2 minutes ago, CintiPam said:

Just noticed that the Shore Excursions page of the Manage Booking area for the May 3 cruise we just booked last week states at the top in all caps that “Shore Excursions Can Be Paid Using Shipboard Credit”.  So no need to wait until onboard or late May or November??

There are quite a few threads already regarding this change in policy. Please use the search feature or call your TA or call Oceania for the details.

12 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

There are quite a few threads already regarding this change in policy. Please use the search feature or call your TA or call Oceania for the details.

Flatbush Flyer, in several posts on this same page there was much debate about precisely what date this policy goes into effect so I thought I was adding some relevant information.

Edited by CintiPam

32 minutes ago, CintiPam said:

Pam - give it a try and see what happens.

It is supposed to be for cruises after 5/19 but it may work already. Please let us know if it worked.

Enjoy your cruise - it will be here before you know it :classic_happy: