YC check in time

Ranger719

I have been in the Yacht Club a number of times out of Miami .... and have always showed up around 10:30 AM, with no problems.

I and a friend sailing in the Yacht Club on the Seaside on February 16th have both been called by our travel agent who told us that

MSC doesn’t want us checking in until 1:30 PM.....

Anyone know what’s up...if anything ??

I sail in two weeks and I plan on walking out of our hotel room at 10 am, call U er and go to the port, getting us there close to 10:39 am. I rather sit and wait in the YC sitting area and wait then waiting at hotel lol 

we got there last year about 10:30 am and it was perfect timing. 

• Like 1

On 2/5/2019 at 6:59 PM, Ranger719 said:

I have been in the Yacht Club a number of times out of Miami .... and have always showed up around 10:30 AM, with no problems.

I and a friend sailing in the Yacht Club on the Seaside on February 16th have both been called by our travel agent who told us that

MSC doesn’t want us checking in until 1:30 PM.....

Anyone know what’s up...if anything ??

I dont think the agent knows a lot about MSC.  He or she is just going by the info on the ticket.  I prefer to arrive around 11:30 to Noon.  That gives the staff enough time to get ready.  You have paid for the full day...so enjoy.

I haven't sailed on MSC yet, Feb 23 will be my 1st one. I have sailed many times on NCL in The Haven, free drinks as well, and we had to pay Florida sales tax, hopefully MSC will be different.

16 hours ago, hbe said:

I haven't sailed on MSC yet, Feb 23 will be my 1st one. I have sailed many times on NCL in The Haven, free drinks as well, and we had to pay Florida sales tax, hopefully MSC will be different.

See you onboard! We are on the same sailing! Packed and ready to go!

3 hours ago, js said:

See you onboard! We are on the same sailing! Packed and ready to go!

Most definitely. We are in S Florida for the winter so we'll pack a day before cruise, we still need our clothes for the next 2 weeks. 

5 hours ago, hbe said:

Most definitely. We are in S Florida for the winter so we'll pack a day before cruise, we still need our clothes for the next 2 weeks. 

Right? We just did a 5-day and the most packing happened at 11:00 p.m. the night before.

• 8 months later...
2 hours ago, Findo said:

Does anyone know if we can do YC check in early in Rome ? We are staying at a local hotel and i would rather get on board then wait at the hotel loby 

Yes, they will let you board early....we did that in Barbados, and because we had made our own flight arrangements into Barbados 2 days pre-cruise they were not expecting anyone at 10am because MSC had 400 Brits on a charter flight arriving late afternoon! An explanation, and a quick call from dockside staff to YC, had us boarding 10 minutes later.....lots of TSL snacks, drinks, lunch, more drinks, afternoon tea etc. were enjoyed long before the charter flight passengers boarded early evening. 😉

Enjoy, we certainly did.