Better Offer After Booking

We currently have 2 cruises booked that have not been paid in full with Royal Caribbean.  I've been told that if a better deal pops up, you can get the better offer.  I noticed online they are now offering an On Board Credit that was not offered when we booked.  When I called, I was told I could not get the now offered On Board Credit, you could only get a better offer if the price of the suite went down.   Does anyone know if this is correct or should we able to get the now offered On Board Credit?  The price of our suite is the same.

Moments ago, I tried to re-price our cruise (more than a year away, only deposit has been paid).  If I go online to book the same class of room on the same ship/date, the overall rate is $75 less, PLUS $125/room OBC.

The RCCL rep told me that to get the $125 OBC promo, our rate would actually *increase* by $100.  Huh?

Could this be accurate?  Did I simply fail at phone rep roulette?

Edited by Tim in Hollywood

50 minutes ago, Tim in Hollywood said:

Moments ago, I tried to re-price our cruise (more than a year away, only deposit has been paid).  If I go online to book the same class of room on the same ship/date, the overall rate is $75 less, PLUS $125/room OBC.

The RCCL rep told me that to get the $125 OBC promo, our rate would actually *increase* by $100.  Huh?

Did you go all the way through the booking process and compare the total cabin cost? Did you compare refundable to refundable?  If yes then call back.

The cost of my cruise (summer 2020) just increased by $75 for two people, and they're offering $125 OBC.  There was no OBC offered when I originally booked.  So I'm looking to capture the higher rate and OBC to end up w/ a net savings of $50.  Will they switch me to the higher rate?  (Now that I'm typing this out, I realize how crazy that sounds - of course they will! won't they??)

11 minutes ago, mdepsmom said:

The cost of my cruise (summer 2020) just increased by $75 for two people, and they're offering $125 OBC.  There was no OBC offered when I originally booked.  So I'm looking to capture the higher rate and OBC to end up w/ a net savings of $50.  Will they switch me to the higher rate?  (Now that I'm typing this out, I realize how crazy that sounds - of course they will! won't they??)

If your booking is before final payment date and you are booked under US/Canadian rules, then they will probably let you make the change.

2 hours ago, Tim in Hollywood said:

Need to account for full net cost.

I just called in for price drop.  Cruise cost went up but got $125 OBC which is overall savings of $70.

I had a similar experience nights ago. When I called - after going through the whole online booking process to make sure that I was comparing the correct rates and the rep "Juan" said it would cost me $1000 more. I'm wondering what shenanigans are going on. 

Just called again and I was told because of my Anchor and Crown discount, I could not get the promotion for the OBC....   I would have to remove the C&A discount and the $150 instant savings I got which totals more than the $400 OBC.  RC will get their money one way or another.  They play games with the numbers but it all comes out the same in the end.

Just now, JDPCruisers said:

Just called again and I was told because of my Anchor and Crown discount, I could not get the promotion for the OBC....   I would have to remove the C&A discount and the $150 instant savings I got which totals more than the $400 OBC.  RC will get their money one way or another.  They play games with the numbers but it all comes out the same in the end.

That makes sense.  Unfortunately they do not allow a C&A discounts to be combined with all offers.

Newbie to RCI... If you pay in full before the final payment date, does that make you ineligible to change to a better offer? Could you be "refunded" in on-board credit instead of just lowering the remaining payment (which I'm assuming is what they typically do?)? 

11 minutes ago, JMukamuk said:

Newbie to RCI... If you pay in full before the final payment date, does that make you ineligible to change to a better offer? Could you be "refunded" in on-board credit instead of just lowering the remaining payment (which I'm assuming is what they typically do?)? 

Nope, all that matters is if the booking is before final payent date.  They would refund if you got a price drop.

• Like 1