How Long for Mariner Points to post?

GulfShoresCruiser

Yours should have posted by now. We disembarked from the NS on 1/30 and ours were posted early last week, but our on board ship spend credits were incorrect. They had posted 2 spend credits when we actually had 13 (!) which required a phone call to get corrected. I was watching like a hawk as it put us at 4* (and free laundry for our August sailing)!!! Make sure you double check your spend credits.....

Thanks for the fast responses!.....I've forwarded an email inquiry to the Mariner Society via their contact form on the website.  I'm glad I checked and am following up.  

Cailey53.....So the points are critical for us too....We are 3* and every point counts towards the most important reason to be a Mariner...FREE LAUNDRY!  Congrats on meeting that goal!

• Like 1

I got this email from the Mariner Society today in response to my inquiry as to why my points from my cruise ending 1/20 did not post.......

Thank you for your recent correspondence with Holland America Line. 

Unfortunately, we are experiencing some technical issues with some sailings posting to Mariner accounts. We are aware of the issue and it is being worked on. We do not have an ETA at this time of when it will be fixed. Your cruise history and mariner status will be updated as soon as the issue is resolved. 

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

On 2/12/2019 at 10:01 AM, GulfShoresCruiser said:

Thanks for the fast responses!.....I've forwarded an email inquiry to the Mariner Society via their contact form on the website.  I'm glad I checked and am following up.  

I'd suggest calling as I had no response to my initial email. The Mariner Society person was able to manually update our status while I was still on the phone. She said they were having difficulty "loading" the Nieuw Statendam points. I checked the website after getting off the phone with her and it had been updated. Hopefully you will get to 4* soon!!

Last fall we also had problems with our mariner point credits for on board spending. We were only given 1 point for a 29 day leg of a B2B. The response we received when we enquired about the deficit, it should have been 19 points, was that we had only spent enough for 1 point. Duh,  I'd challenge anyone to spend less than $600 on a 29 day cruise!! 

The majority of our spending was pre-purchased items, wine packages, spirits, Pinnacle Grill dinners and shore excursions. I had kept copies of all our credit card transactions with HAL so I was able to do some forensic book keeping with transaction reference numbers as supporting evidence. I submitted it to the mariner society and a few weeks later the correct mariner point credits appeared on our mariner status page.

We had a series of issues with our on-board account during the cruise,  at times it was wrong by as much as $1,500,  not just minor stuff. Whilst all the issues were eventually corrected it took weeks before the corrections were applied. We will never pre-purchase anything again as it appears this is where the problems arise.

I have to wonder if the same IT group that continues to destroy the HAL website is actively messing up the HAL enterprise systems.  

• Like 2

On 2/12/2019 at 7:01 AM, GulfShoresCruiser said:

Cailey53.....So the points are critical for us too....We are 3* and every point counts towards the most important reason to be a Mariner...FREE LAUNDRY!  Congrats on meeting that goal!

Us too! We had choices on how to book the many different segments on our up coming B2B cruise and we chose the one that would make sure we were 4 star Mariner by the end of the first cruise.  Our HAL PCC told us to let the front desk know at the beginning of the second cruise and they would be able to make sure we received the 4 star status for the second segment and get that free laundry!  Hope this works!  

Utahtea

Edited by utahtea

Was on NS for Christmas cruise.  My points for the 7 days of cruising posted about three weeks after we returned home; however, the purchased days where I spent $300 or more were not posted until I paid my credit card bill this past week.  

Now I have another problem in that I purchased PG & Tamarind reservations for 3.  The 3rd person in our party didn't go on the cruise (he cancelled one day prior to boarding), so I cancelled his reservation to both restaurants the minute we boarded.  Prior to leaving the ship, I thought I had checked my statement carefully, but I must have overlooked the fact that those reservations weren't cancelled.  I did receive 50% discount on all three according to the onboard statement, but I've paid the credit card $75 for each restaurant.  I have written both credit card company & HA.  Granted, it isn't a lot of money, but it is money owed back to me.  

This wasn't the only glitch we experienced.  We had purchased the Quench Package, and each day had to remind the Front Desk because every drink we ordered appeared as a charge.  Each day, accounting had to remove those charges.  Since we were the 4th cruise on the ship, maybe they were still working out the "bugs."  There were other issues related to my account, since I never received my stock ownership credit, despite having proof that it should have been applied.  I am also working on getting that resolved.  Whew!  I hope this next cruise will go smoother as far as credits and transactions.  I learned a valuable lesson, though, and that is to check over that statement with a microscopic eye.