Sea day on wind surf

Luv my furbaby

7 minutes ago, wolverineinOH said:

Up on a lounger with my nook and a steady stream of adult beverages 😏 from the excellent staff!

This for a single day. We had a multi-day crossing if the Indian Ocean from Thailand to India, and the crew kept us busy with activities, I especially remember a Bollywood festival where we could sit and watch movies for hours with popcorn supplied. There was also a sort of Chopped event where you had to make something from a mystery basket, trivia games, guess which crew member is lying, etc. Or you could just chill, the time passed. We tending to sleep in and then have naps in the afternoon just recharging our batteries. I think is also helped that we were in a major sea lane with tons of freighters passing by so there there was always something to look at.

We love sea days. We take advantage of the views, we read, we circle  the boat on deck, sometimes we are under sail without the engines people actually whisper, we talk about our life together and how lucky we are to be experiencing this ship and sailing the magnificient ocean, we contempate how small we are and how huge the ocean is, we are joyous in the moment. It truly is the best of days. Embrace it. Happy Sailing

( read, excerise, think, do puzzles, work on the ship’s puzzle, eat, drink, socialize, listen to music, talk, swim, take a hot tub, visit the spa, visit the bridge, make a friend, or not..... ) 

• Like 1

Sea days on the Surf were unlike no other we've experienced on the large cruise lines-true relaxation. We didn't feel guilty about missing out on anything on a "schedule".

We slept in, played a board game which is something we haven't done in years, watched a movie uninterrupted by phones/work stuff, sat on deck and talked about life and future travel plans, watched the world go by......

Thanks everyone for your responses. Next month will be my 1st Windstar cruise and am going by myself. I rarely participate in all of the activities on the big ships - just like chillin by the pool and reading or people watching. Oh, an afternoon nap is always nice too. 

We just  took our first in late-Dec/early January and it was such a refreshing change. The first few hours on the ship took some adjusting after being on the larger ships and then we couldn't stop talking about how much we enjoyed it.

Bon voyage and enjoy!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just relax. ...read, watch a movie, play a game, sip coffee in the yacht club, enjoy the sun, talk, make new friends, and smile. It is heavenly.  When you cruise, the ship is the destination. Ports are secondary. Sea days are delightful on Windstar.  

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 1:04 PM, Strenz said:

We love sea days. We take advantage of the views, we read, we circle  the boat on deck, sometimes we are under sail without the engines people actually whisper, we talk about our life together and how lucky we are to be experiencing this ship and sailing the magnificient ocean, we contempate how small we are and how huge the ocean is, we are joyous in the moment. It truly is the best of days. Embrace it. Happy Sailing

( read, excerise, think, do puzzles, work on the ship’s puzzle, eat, drink, socialize, listen to music, talk, swim, take a hot tub, visit the spa, visit the bridge, make a friend, or not..... ) 

Good words.  Made my day.