* ms Oosterdam in Port Everglades & Koningsdam in St Maarten - Sail a way - Feb. 16th

kazu

@ski ww

Thanks for the K'dam arrival photos. 6 of us from her were on a tour together today. All attended the CC roll call. 4 were scheduled for an around the island tour with beach time. DH and I were supposed to do the same tour without beach time but tours needed to be combined. We were allowed extra time in Marigot while they were at the beach. Worked out great - until the driver announced we would be getting back around 3:15 island time but ship time was only 2:15! Wrong! K'dam's time IS island time and all aboard was 3:30. (All others were on ships that were an hour behind island time.) He took us past port security to the edge of the shops. We had to really HUSTLE  - docked furthest from drop-off. As soon as we got onboard, an elevator arrived and we were in our stateroom at 3:31! Sailed at 4:07.

3 minutes ago, travelnap said:

Good Luck, we hope it does too.  Either that or one of the pillow gifts on the GC is a new suitcase for you.  Kathi and Roy said they both got a nice spinner bag as a gift.

The nicest suitcase I ever saw was in a shop on the Calle Florida in BA.  Pat wouldn't let me buy it, he said we would find it cheaper in the States.  Never did!  Maybe it's still there, if I can find the shop.

3 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

The nicest suitcase I ever saw was in a shop on the Calle Florida in BA.  Pat wouldn't let me buy it, he said we would find it cheaper in the States.  Never did!  Maybe it's still there, if I can find the shop.

Hope your suitcase survives.Have a great trip and give  regards to Kathi and Roy.:classic_happy:

4 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

I still use an old hard side Samsonite suitcase, and although it doesn't look very pretty with all the scuffs and marks through the years, it is still working OK after many trips to sea.

7 minutes ago, sevenseasnomad said:

Hope he will still be aboard on March 30th when my friends and I sail.  Love the horns!  Lets me know I'm on a cruise ship.

Happily at Sea mentioned Captain even Eerten would be leaving March 9.  Maybe you will have another "tooting" Captain.

2 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Happily at Sea mentioned Captain even Eerten would be leaving March 9.  Maybe you will have another "tooting" Captain.

Drats.  Westerdam once had a captain who tooted 50-75 times.  Does anyone remember his name?  We were aboard for one of those sailings.  It was g-r-e-a-t!

Edited by sevenseasnomad