Taking New Celebrity Cruisers with us

Atlantic Canada2

17 hours ago, Atlantic Canada2 said:

It is unfortunate that Celebrity is quite that rigid.  We have taken friends on Princess many times (we are Elite there as well) and when we asked if we could take our friends with us they always said yes.  We will have to take that into consideration the next time we take friends with us and probably would avoid Celebrity.  You can't very well leave your friends behind.

Yes, how unfortunate that rules exist.  I follow the Princess boards very closely and the practice which you describe is frowned upon by most everyoone. I’m sure it is the exception rather than the norm to be able to take Non Elites on non Platinums onboard early EXCEPT if they are sharing a cabin with said priority border, , and the general consensus over there is if those with Priority boarding want to take their non-Priority friends along who aren’t sharing the same cabin, the Priority boarders need to forfeit their place in line and board later with their friends or family members who aren’t priority, so you wouldn’t be leaving your friends behind if you wait to board with them.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

We too paid to join the CC.  I do not feel entitled but I did earn my Elite+ status by sailing 19 times with Celebrity, 10 of them in suites.

Same here.  I think we paid around $35 pp to join and were considered Founders’ members, whatever that means. 😂

• Like 1

DW and I are doing 22 days on Eclipse for Hawaii cruise, we are Zenith. Good friends, Elite+ will be on the cruise and not entitled to Micheal's Club. We will be joining them at the Elite Hour. Friends make adjustments!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 4cats4me said:

Same here.  I think we paid around $35 pp to join and were considered Founders’ members, whatever that means. 😂

Yes $35.00 was the cost P/P and Founder was the tier level. I still have and use the leather luggage tags. They outlasted some of the suitcases. :classic_wink: Along with some of the other things they gave us. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mfs2k said:

After reading this thread, I'm thinking Celebrity should change the name of "Elite" to "Entitled."  

I know a lot of you feel like you've earned the designation, but not really.  You paid for the designation.  

I think you better look up the definition of entitled. Entitled infers you were given something.

Nobody paid to be "elite", Celebrity designates you based on points earned by sailing with them, not dollars spent. It just happens you have to pay to sail.

1 hour ago, iSailor said:

Can't we just get along?

It looks like wordsmithing to me. A disagreement over Elite (included) privileges that should, could, may, or may not be shared with those who are not yet at Elite level as members of Captain's Club. I'm not sure it's a matter of not getting along, rather just voicing differences of opinion, which can be healthy unless it gets personal.

In any case I see the answer to the original poster are fairly simple.

His/her friends are not yet at Elite level and are not allowed to participate as Elite. Such is the case in Michael's Club. If you're not a suite passenger or Zenith (I am bowing as I type) you are not allowed to join those folks in Michael's. Fairly basic rules and easy enough to follow, I would think.

If the original poster thinks Celebrity is being too rigid he/she might seek other lines that allow intermingling, as such.

In any case, it's all about a vacation and life is just too damn good to worry about stuff like that!

• Like 1

On 2/19/2019 at 7:25 PM, justcrusn said:

So....

1. NO

2. NO

3. The lunch is for concierge class, it has nothing to do with elite.

Yes, you can “game the system” by swapping cabins without regard to where you actually stay but its tacky.  If you do that the non-elite gets the benefits of the elite person. ie: elite breakfast, cocktail hour, boarding etc....

Just curious ... we recently booked our first Celebrity cruise so I'm in research mode.  Is lunch in the MDR ONLY for Concierge Class or Concierge and above.  We will be in a Sky Suite.

6 minutes ago, Cyber Kat said:

Just curious ... we recently booked our first Celebrity cruise so I'm in research mode.  Is lunch in the MDR ONLY for Concierge Class or Concierge and above.  We will be in a Sky Suite.

If you're in a Sky Suite go to Luminae. It's for Concierge.

Edited by Ma Bell

2 minutes ago, Ma Bell said:

If you're in a Sky Suite go to Luminae. It's for Concierge.

Can you eat in Luminae on embarkation day?  Sometimes I like a buffet and sometimes I like a sit down meal.  As I said, just curious about what's available for us.

2 minutes ago, Cyber Kat said:

Can you eat in Luminae on embarkation day?  Sometimes I like a buffet and sometimes I like a sit down meal.  As I said, just curious about what's available for us.

Luminae is exclusively for Suite passengers. There is a hefty charge for non Suite guests and they must be invited by a Suite passengers and billed to the Suite passenger.

One other note: I don't know why all the fuss about the Elite Level. Since the revisions to the program a number of years ago "Elite" is really a mid level loyalty level. Perhaps people react to the label "Elite"? 

11 minutes ago, Cyber Kat said:

Luminae is open for breakfast and dinner every day and lunch on embarkation day and sea days. You will also have access to Michael's Club (aka Retreat Lounge on some ships) and the Retreat Deck on Edge and Revolutionized ships.

1 hour ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Luminae is open for breakfast and dinner every day and lunch on embarkation day and sea days. You will also have access to Michael's Club (aka Retreat Lounge on some ships) and the Retreat Deck on Edge and Revolutionized ships.

Thank you!  This is also our first time in a suite, so I'm clueless 😄  I read the listing of what we get on the Celebrity website, but since it's our first time cruising with Celebrity as well, I had no reference for what I was reading.

We picked this cruise because of the itinerary and the timing, mostly.

2 hours ago, Orator said:

Luminae is exclusively for Suite passengers. There is a hefty charge for non Suite guests and they must be invited by a Suite passengers and billed to the Suite passenger.

One other note: I don't know why all the fuss about the Elite Level. Since the revisions to the program a number of years ago "Elite" is really a mid level loyalty level. Perhaps people react to the label "Elite"? 

She said she was in a Sky Suite and was asking if she could go to the MDR for lunch on embarkation day.

Edited by Ma Bell

23 hours ago, Cyber Kat said:

Lunch in the MDR is only for Concierge class and sometimes the B2B passengers are invited as well. Suite passengers have Luminae available for lunch on embarkation day. Your assigned dining room for Suite class is Luminae, which is opened for breakfast and dinner daily and lunch on sea days. You can also dine in Blu on a space available basis or the MDR but I don't know why you'd want to with Luminae available to you.

Edited by Luvcrusn