Lido Cake

mama_2_boys

I’m on the Breeze now and have been sampling the cakes. They are pretty good, some better then others. I liked key lime pie, chocolate peanut butter, cherry vanilla, and regular chocolate. Probably best Lido desserts I have seen on all cruise lines.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, KarimaJ said:

I’m on the Breeze now and have been sampling the cakes. They are pretty good, some better then others. I liked key lime pie, chocolate peanut butter, cherry vanilla, and regular chocolate. Probably best Lido desserts I have seen on all cruise lines.

I can't wait to try them.  Are there other deserts on the lido?

I look forward to trying them - I have never been impressed with any lido dessert on any line to date.  They seem to look pretty, but mostly be made of foam and gelatin - no high quality chocolate or strongly flavored ingredients.  I love key lime pie - I hope that is a good one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KarimaJ said:

Key lime pie!!!!

1 hour ago, KarimaJ said:

Oh, my. I have a feeling that all that weight I lost this year will mysteriously reappear in about 10 days! 😱 I have a real weakness for ALL deserts, but especially cakes. 😈

• Like 1

According to John Heald:

So this morning in my live video I mentioned the delicious scrumptious gorgeous sensational cakes that are served for Lido deserts at lunchtime each day. These cakes are now on the:

CARNIVAL DREAM 
CARNIVAL VISTA 
CARNIVAL HORIZON
CARNIVAL MAGIC
CARNIVAL BREEZE
CARNIVAL PARADISE
CARNIVAL LIBERTY 
CARNIVAL SPLENDOR
CARNIVAL FASCINATION
CARNIVAL FREEDOM
CARNIVAL VALOR
CARNIVAL GLORY
CARNIVAL CONQUEST 
CARNIVAL MIRACLE

And to be seen soon on:

CARNIVAL PRIDE - 1|20|2019
CARNIVAL VICTORY - 2|4|2019
CARNIVAL CARNIVAL SUNSHINE - 2|15|2019
CARNIVAL TRIUMPH - 2|25|2019
CARNIVAL ELATION - 3|16|2019
CARNIVAL IMAGINATION - 4|4|2019
CARNIVAL INSPIRATION - 4|15|2019
CARNIVAL FANTASY - 5 |4|2019
S CARNIVAL SENSATION - 5|20|2019
CARNIVAL ECSTASY - 5|30|2019

50685930_2655488684493676_1062970604367380480_n.jpg

Edited by schazzy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ElCrappyTan said:

Are these actually made on ship or are they “boxed” cakes?

I'm gonna guess boxed, there pretty to look at but lacking in taste.  The chef made cakes you get at the coffee shop are really good.

Edited by BoDidly

1 hour ago, schazzy said:

According to John Heald:

So this morning in my live video I mentioned the delicious scrumptious gorgeous sensational cakes that are served for Lido deserts at lunchtime each day. These cakes are now on the:

CARNIVAL DREAM 
CARNIVAL VISTA 
CARNIVAL HORIZON
CARNIVAL MAGIC
CARNIVAL BREEZE
CARNIVAL PARADISE
CARNIVAL LIBERTY 
CARNIVAL SPLENDOR
CARNIVAL FASCINATION
CARNIVAL FREEDOM
CARNIVAL VALOR
CARNIVAL GLORY
CARNIVAL CONQUEST 
CARNIVAL MIRACLE

And to be seen soon on:

CARNIVAL PRIDE - 1|20|2019
CARNIVAL VICTORY - 2|4|2019
CARNIVAL CARNIVAL SUNSHINE - 2|15|2019
CARNIVAL TRIUMPH - 2|25|2019
CARNIVAL ELATION - 3|16|2019
CARNIVAL IMAGINATION - 4|4|2019
CARNIVAL INSPIRATION - 4|15|2019
CARNIVAL FANTASY - 5 |4|2019
S CARNIVAL SENSATION - 5|20|2019
CARNIVAL ECSTASY - 5|30|2019

50685930_2655488684493676_1062970604367380480_n.jpg

Yay! I hope they still have them in October! 

29 minutes ago, BoDidly said:

I'm gonna guess boxed, there pretty to look at but lacking in taste.  The chef made cakes you get at the coffee shop are really good.

They dont compare to my wife cakes.she slips up every now and then but 99% of the time they are great.if she didnt make that grandson of hers wait on me to get some first i would never get any.

• Haha 1

So I would say they all look better then they taste but I still maintain they are the best I have had as far as buffet desserts. There was also some sort of cake type thing with a sauce to put on top like apple crisp with caramel or choc cake with a yellow topping. There are many types of cakes like confetti, German chocolate, and little square parfaits like amaretto, various white cakes with fruit, etc... I really liked key lime. Ohhh also I liked the cheesecake but forgot what flavor. 

• Like 1

Any chance the chocolate cake has tasty chocolate frosting on it?  I'll be on the Dream soon, so I'll try a piece.

I agree with pretty much everybody .... their Lido desserts need to be stepped up by a few (?) 🙂🙂 notches!  Friday we'll be on a short 3-day Inspiration trip. No miracles expected... LOL!

🌸🌸 Bobbi 

Oh, I just enlarged the choco cake. I don't think that's frosting dripping down, what is it?? Thanks. 

Edited by Markmom18