Ft Lauderdale - outside bar/restaurant to watch cruise ships leave

spammie

We are booked at the Hilton Marina the night before our cruise leaves in April.  We arrive late morning.  Just wondering if there is an outside bar/restaurant where we could go to watch the cruise ships leave on a Saturday.  Thank you!

You can walk to the jetties on the north side of the cut, but’s it’s quite a walk from the closest reliable public parking.

I believe there is still some construction going on on the south side, which is accessible through a state park (what used to be John Lloyd State Park and is now Dr. Von D. Mizell-Eula Johnson State Park).

There’s a branch of the local Quarterdeck chain of restaurants on the beach just before the park entrance. (The restaurant is actually on a pier above the water).

Edited by FOPMan

Bo's Beach is 1.5 miles from the inlet.  You might be able to make out a cruise ship in the distance through the palm trees.....

There is really no good restaurants to watch the ships.  The best option is what E23NK1 suggested and to just go hang out on the beach and watch the ships at the jetty, then maybe grab a drink after.  Either that or I would go to Quarterdeck on the Dania Pier but it's a couple miles from the inlet so you'll just watch the ships at a pretty good distance going out.

16 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

The tiki bar down at the Marriott Harbor beach Resort is a great place to see the ships I've found though BlueHerons idea sounds so much better!

Thanks!  It's a fantastic new restaurant by the Bokampers people.  Much nicer than trying to trek through a residential neighborhood with just as good views.

On 2/27/2019 at 8:27 PM, BlueHerons said:

Actually, the brand new Bo's On The Beach has fantastic beachfront bars.  

Go to the second floor bar and you'll have the best views.  The food is also very good.

Is this along the water taxi route or is it walkable from the Hilton Marina??  Looks like a good place to do lunch/supper

31 minutes ago, poffles said:

Is this along the water taxi route or is it walkable from the Hilton Marina??  Looks like a good place to do lunch/supper

Too far to walk.  And honestly, if it's anything like the other Bokampers concepts, then it's basically a very mediocre if not bad sports bar in a great location.  They do a great job with their locations. I wouldn't go out of my way but if you are near it, the location is pretty decent. You have way better restaurants closer to the hotel though. 

Lol, this pretty much sums up all the Bokampers. It's how we have viewed them for the decade or so that they have been around.  I have friends that work at one, we still go since the location is great next to the office, but our expectations are cheap beer on the patio and usually skip food or maybe an app to munch on.  

http://www.insidefortlauderdale.com/2065/Bos-Beach-Fort-Lauderdale

Edited by BNBR

1 hour ago, BNBR said:

Too far to walk.  And honestly, if it's anything like the other Bokampers concepts, then it's basically a very mediocre if not bad sports bar in a great location.  They do a great job with their locations. I wouldn't go out of my way but if you are near it, the location is pretty decent. You have way better restaurants closer to the hotel though. 

Lol, this pretty much sums up all the Bokampers. It's how we have viewed them for the decade or so that they have been around.  I have friends that work at one, we still go since the location is great next to the office, but our expectations are cheap beer on the patio and usually skip food or maybe an app to munch on.  

http://www.insidefortlauderdale.com/2065/Bos-Beach-Fort-Lauderdale

So far the friends I know that have gone enjoyed it and the reviews on the place are pretty good.  I realize you posted a link to one article that wasn't complimentary to the establishment, however the reviews on other sites like trip advisor and yelp are actually good. That particular website that you linked actually doesn't appear to write good reviews about just about every restaurant!

Back to the question asked by the OP, spammie, are you looking for some place to eat or someplace to have a cocktail and watch the ships?

Edited by Host CJSKIDS

Regardless of whether the food is good or not , the new Bo’s is a bit far (about a mile) from where the ships exit the port.

(and, in case you’re looking at maps, Lago Mar does not provide public parking. Hotel guests and members only. The hotel does not have a public bar or restaurant).

Edited by FOPMan

The moron that runs the inside fort lauderdale website skewers every restaurant  he/she reviews.  It isn't very credible.  They also claimed Louie Bossi was going out of business and now it is the second busiest restaurant in South Florida.

We love Bokampers and love Kim Bokamper.  The food is fantastic at Bo's we just ate there yesterday.  I dream about their spicy onion rings.

Bo's is walkable from the Bahia Mar water taxi stop.

FOPMan, we've gone to the bar at Lago Mar several times and haven't had a problem.

Edited by Host CJSKIDS
At poster’s request
  • Like 1