October Cruising

MomSwag

We're considering booking a cruise 10/19 OR 10/26

If you've cruised during that time, how is it? We'll be going to Belize and Roatan OR Jamaica/Caymans. Is one a better itinerary than the other in the Fall? 

My honeymoon was in Cayman/Jamaica on a cruise for Halloween. It was warm/shorts weather. This was 15 years ago and the weather has changed a little, but I'd suspect it would be nice a Caribbean like.

Keep in mind, I believe hurricane season runs through Oct so it's kind of a crapshoot with the Oct Caribbean cruises. Our cruise left on Halloween and our second stop was Grand Cayman. We were the first ship back since Hurricane Ivan rolled through. Again, the odds are in your favor of a great cruise, but just something to keep in mind when planning trip insurance.

18 hours ago, MomSwag said:

We're considering booking a cruise 10/19 OR 10/26

If you've cruised during that time, how is it? We'll be going to Belize and Roatan OR Jamaica/Caymans. Is one a better itinerary than the other in the Fall? 

Our issue with cruising those waters at that time of the year is the risk or hurricanes or major storms.  If those were the only two itineraries we would choose Belize/Roatan because we do not like Jamaica.  While we have vacationed on Jamaica, it was only because we wanted to visit a particular All Inclusive.  The island has too much crime and "in your face" vendors that can seem more threatening then just annoying.  

Hank

DW and I have done both and I'd do both again.  We like sailing in Oct and though others mentioned hurricanes, I'm not worried about those but flying into and out of the area near the port could be a challenge.  I say go for it.

You should look at choosing end of October.  Hurricane season runs until end of October first week of Nov.  So you should be good going that time.  I just returned from Roatan, Belize, Cayman, and Cozumel on Caribbean Princess.  Weather was great;  the  weather in that part of the caribbean should be fine mid to end of Oct.  The port stops were great