Clothes hangers

PaulineW

I am an over-packer so I always ask for more thin metal coat-hangers when I unpack. The thick wooden one's take up foo much closet space for me, and I will also bring a multi-cilp skirt hanger too - we take longer cruises (35 50 day plus) and I like wardrobe variety -mainly for main dining room evenings.  So those are my own issues and I have been able to work around them in both closet space and numbers of hangers.

Shorter cruises, no problems with what they offer in the closets. They also have a few padded coat hangers too, but I bring some  foam covers for the wire one, so things don't slip off.  We collect a few more after we get our first load of laundry back. And some items I pack with their thin metal   hangers already in them from home if my luggage allowances still have some breathing room.

Edited by OlsSalt

4 minutes ago, 1964IceCreamLady said:

Quick tip: bring some rubber bands for the wire hangers.  Put them on the hangers and clothes won't slip off.

Good tip about rubber bands. I bought some of those flimsy foam wire hanger covers on ebay - two packages came with the order and they each must contain a thousand each. I have been peeling them off and packaging them up as small travel gifts, as I now have pretty much an endless lifetime supply. (They would make a great meet and greet offering too)

1 hour ago, 1964IceCreamLady said:

Quick tip: bring some rubber bands for the wire hangers.  Put them on the hangers and clothes won't slip off.

How do you attach the rubber bands?  Do they work on those tubular plastic hangers also? (One line I sail with always seems to provide about half wooden and half of the plastic hangers -- and my clothes definitely slip off.)

Edited by cruisemom42

7 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

How do you attach the rubber bands?  Do they work on those tubular plastic hangers also? (One line I sail with always seems to provide about half wooden and half of the plastic hangers -- and my clothes definitely slip off.)

Yes- about half of my regular hangers have rubber bands.

Picture better than words.

774D8298-09FE-4FC1-A657-6597E17075D3.jpeg

Edited by 1964IceCreamLady

I think it depends on your habits, whether there are "enough."  For me, there never are, because I like to hang up my T-shirts and things that others might put in a drawer.  And as OlsSalt said, if you ask for more wooden ones, they take up too much space.  So I always save up dry cleaning hangers at home and bring a stack along in my suitcase -- just use a hair scrunchie to keep them stacked together.  They take up no weight and make me much happier and settled in.

16 minutes ago, 1964IceCreamLady said:

Yes- about half of my regular hangers have rubber bands.

Picture better than words.

774D8298-09FE-4FC1-A657-6597E17075D3.jpeg

Thanks icecreamlady -- I was imagining something going from the top of the hanger to the "elbow", so this was helpful. :classic_smile: