One Way Using EzAir?

Mflem1278

Can I book a one way ticket using EZAir?  My travel agent is telling me no, but I see on the website when looking at flight quotes that under "Direction" that the choices are Departure Only, Return Only and Departure and Return.   I found a return flight on Southwest airlines that I want to use, but the departure flight I am ok with using EZAir for.

Help please.

Your travel agent's information is a few years out of date. Once upon a time, you had to book both directions on EZAir and there was no way around it. If we were flying to Europe for a transatlantic, we had to use EZAir for the flight home from Florida despite the fact that the only non-stop from FLL to home was on Southwest which isn't part of EZAir.

However, you can now book just one way with EZAir with no problem. You also do not need to involve your travel agent in the process. Do it yourself and it becomes part of your reservation.

1 hour ago, Mflem1278 said:

Can I book a one way ticket using EZAir?  My travel agent is telling me no, but I see on the website when looking at flight quotes that under "Direction" that the choices are Departure Only, Return Only and Departure and Return.   I found a return flight on Southwest airlines that I want to use, but the departure flight I am ok with using EZAir for.

Help please.

Yes you can. Just use that drop down for a one way.

I have also used EZAir for a one way several times - using EZAir to book a one way to Europe for a trans-Atlantic and booking my own domestic flight home. And as jagoffee said, you cannot make a change to any portion of your flight itinerary without rebooking the entire itinerary (at current prices and availability).

BTW, if you book a B2B as two separate cruises and want to book EZAir round trip, you will need to book a one way on each of the two cruises. In this case, you can change one of the flights without needing to rebook the other one.

8 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

Is it permitted to book a one way pre-departure flight well before your cruise embarkation ?

EG: Fly in about 3 weeks  early.

Yes. On the Cruise Personalizer, you select the dates for your flights. You can fly in early or fly home late if you wish.

I just checked one of my current cruises, and it allows me to fly in up to six weeks before the cruise or to fly home up to six weeks after the cruise ends.

Not sure about the one-way aspect, but I was amazed at the time frame that EZ Air permitted. We received a discount on EZ Air with a Crown Princess Jan. 26-Feb 5 cruise this year. We flew on Jan. 10 and returned on Feb. 17! 

I see NavyVeteran just beat me to that info. 🙂

Edited by canadarocks

9 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

Yes. On the Cruise Personalizer, you select the dates for your flights. You can fly in early or fly home late if you wish.

I just checked one of my current cruises, and it allows me to fly in up to six weeks before the cruise or to fly home up to six weeks after the cruise ends.

7 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

I see NavyVeteran just beat me to that info. 🙂

Thank you both.

Very helpful to have flexibility with another flight option. 

Edited by Tranquility Base

1 hour ago, ukestrummer said:

I boked one way to heathrow in September but will wind up in Ft Lauderdale where I can take SW air back to Oregon

We booked one way from Sacramento to Heathrow next October. EZ Air pricing on Virgin Atlantic was less than 10% of any other site we checked for that airline. We are booked on the exact same flight numbers that were listed on all the other sites.

I've booked one way with EZ a number of times with the price being cheaper than directly with the airline or online travel sites. Agree with Wheezedr that you may need a new TA.