Have you won a move up bid?

mfs2k

42 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

There are lots of posts about Move up bidding but not a lot of posts about winning bids.

What's the best value Move up Bid you've ever had accepted and taken?

Received 2 offers to move up for my upcoming cruise this month but felt the lowest offer was still too expensive.  Much better to wait for price drop on higher category and receive for free. Example 2D to a Concierge  C2. Not a fan of the move up bids.

We booked an inside originally for our 11 night cruise coming up (next Monday) and bid to upgrade to a veranda, we bid just above the lowest bid required and was successful, 

since we booked the cruise (over a year ago) the upgrade cost to a veranda was double what we paid for the inside and has only gone upwards since (and still is high) obviously this would have included 2 perks but the perks wouldn’t be worth the extra $$$ for us, 

so now we have an extra large balcony cabin for what worked out around $20% extra from our original inside cabin cost so for us it was a great deal 😊 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Just so you know, there is another thread on here about this that you can find lots of information...

I know how the bidding works.  I'm interested in some great bid deals which were accepted and that's not really covered much in the other thread.  

4 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

I know how the bidding works.  I'm interested in some great bid deals which were accepted and that's not really covered much in the other thread.  

I hope you find the secret... Once you bid, you can also go in and modify or cancel.  Yes, reading about others winning it big for small move up bids are interesting!  I belong to a few FB groups and have read about some very lucky winners there.  My Edge TA just sent our bids out yesterday for our April TA; I was lucky to get one!

1 hour ago, Lastdance said:

I hope you find the secret... Once you bid, you can also go in and modify or cancel.  Yes, reading about others winning it big for small move up bids are interesting!  I belong to a few FB groups and have read about some very lucky winners there.  My Edge TA just sent our bids out yesterday for our April TA; I was lucky to get one!

Minimum suite bids for my Equinox Cruise in 2 1/2 weeks have dropped twice and are now 1/3 of where they started at.  (Min for Sky suite from our Aqua class was $1,000 in my first email and $350 in my third.)  I finally bid and doubt I'll be successful because I'm at the low end of the range.  I'm just curious how others have succeeded. 

Bid the absolute minimum offer for a sky suite from an E1 (from an X guarantee) and it got accepted within 2hrs -- and put in a desirable S1. This was 4 days from sailing, after I assessed that the offers would likely not be going any lower and they ran out of verandas to sell for the ship. The prices never moved off the original offers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Just so you know, there is another thread on here about this that you can find lots of information...

Would you mind posting the link to that thread? I just tried to search for it and don't see anything with winning move up in the title, but lots of threads about the move up program. Thanks for your help!

3 hours ago, mfs2k said:

Minimum suite bids for my Equinox Cruise in 2 1/2 weeks have dropped twice and are now 1/3 of where they started at.  (Min for Sky suite from our Aqua class was $1,000 in my first email and $350 in my third.)  I finally bid and doubt I'll be successful because I'm at the low end of the range.  I'm just curious how others have succeeded. 

How do you find out the minimum bid has dropped?  Do they send another email out?

39 minutes ago, kathynorth said:

Would you mind posting the link to that thread? I just tried to search for it and don't see anything with winning move up in the title, but lots of threads about the move up program. Thanks for your help!

40 minutes ago, caymancouple said:

How do you find out the minimum bid has dropped?  Do they send another email out?

Just click on the original email link. 

My email showed a screenshot of prices and for about 2 weeks I saw the same minimums every time I clicked on the link. 

After 2 weeks when I clicked on the link the minimums were lower 

A week later they were lower again !

some people say that their minimum amounts went up. Some stayed the same. It’s all supply and demand driven. 

• Like 1

We just bid on a sky suite for the edge and were successful!  I honestly was very surprised because we bid very low, in fact it said our bid was weak...  we originally booked a concierge cabin and thought our price was amazing so when you add it all together we got a fantastic deal.  Our first suite after 40 something cruises!

• Like 8

4 hours ago, kathynorth said:

Unfortunately, I misunderstood the specificity of the OP’s question.  More individuals actually posted about this on several FB groups that I also read.  I believe that much more information will be forthcoming, as more and more cruisers share how they actually won an upgrade.  There are so many variables to all of this, and Celebrity can change or end it on a whim.  However, it is fun to read about the exciting luck of others.  So sorry, kathynorth...search for some FB groups too!  As mfs2k said above, it is all about supply and demand, with a little luck and wallah...you have an SS, CS, RS or whatever cabin you wanted!

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, riredsox said:

We just bid on a sky suite for the edge and were successful!  I honestly was very surprised because we bid very low, in fact it said our bid was weak...  we originally booked a concierge cabin and thought our price was amazing so when you add it all together we got a fantastic deal.  Our first suite after 40 something cruises!

Congratulations !  You must be thrilled !

• Like 1

We had an inside cabin booked for our cruise in 2 weeks , Once again we bid on all options. and we were able to move to a ocean view tor 75.00 per person.we did bid higher for a balcony room but our cruise is sold out and has been for awhile so when we got the upgrade bid accepted today we were elated to be moved to an ocean view. This is our second cruise on Celebrity an we are 2 for 2 on winning bids👍

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks.  I had heard that even though the official time to receive a Move-up bid was 30 days out, that it can be at as much as 60 days out.  I was curious when you went  to the website to bid yourself.    A 5 day turn around/wait was good considering that your cruise was less than 3 weeks away.  Good luck for your next two cruises!

59 minutes ago, korryp said:

You have to be within 30 days of the cruise  to bid. I was about 3 weeks out and heard within 5 days. 

Here is info from a rep at Celebrity:

Eligible reservations on all Celebrity Cruise ships within 30 days of departure date. Program excludes Celebrity Galapagos ships. When entering your information below, please make sure to use the first / primary guest last name and valid booking number for your reservation to avoid errors