Have you won a move up bid?

mfs2k

We will be sailing on the Silhouette soon.  We did a reasonable move up bid from a sky suite to a Celebrity Suite, Penthouse and Royal.  Thus far for some reason without any notice our bid for the Penthouse and Royal suites say "expired".  We never were told it would expire.  Expected an email if we didn't get it.  Also we have a Pending for our celebrity suite- so perhaps that is still in play.

No suites are available on the website, so perhaps only if somebody cancels will they consider our bid.

15 hours ago, korryp said:

You have to be within 30 days of the cruise  to bid. I was about 3 weeks out and heard within 5 days. 

On our cruise it opened up at 44 days prior to cruise.   I've had a bid in for 2 weeks now and still haven't heard anything.

I also didn't get an e-mail and was able to just put in Reservation Number and Name.   BTW a link is also found on Celebrity Site under Menu

Moveup.jpg.cdc40e6b65ef4d90ac5475c049925d79.jpg

Edited by Jim_Iain

I have received invite to bid on 3 cruises recently.  I bid minimum for a suite - did not get.

On my most recent cruise, i bid on Concierge for minimum bid as I had booked late and had a  2b veranda but not to my liking.  Bid was accepted and received a C1 sunset balcony.  Always wanted to try that location.  Bonus was that the layout was what I wanted. Got a lot of exercise getting to that cabin.

Did not bid for upcoming cruise as it is TA and I have specific requirements for location of my cabin.  

As was stated, I received notice that Celebrity had charged my CC before I was notified of acceptance.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, gfkcruiser said:

I have received invite to bid on 3 cruises recently.  I bid minimum for a suite - did not get.

On my most recent cruise, i bid on Concierge for minimum bid as I had booked late and had a  2b veranda but not to my liking.  Bid was accepted and received a C1 sunset balcony.  Always wanted to try that location.  Bonus was that the layout was what I wanted. Got a lot of exercise getting to that cabin.

Did not bid for upcoming cruise as it is TA and I have specific requirements for location of my cabin.  

As was stated, I received notice that Celebrity had charged my CC before I was notified of acceptance.

Charging you ahead of time is interesting to say the least, but since one has to give all that information, it does make sense...get the bidder quickly before he or she withdraws the bid, as then it is too late to change or modify.  So many, many factors involved in bidding and receiving...

Edited by Lastdance

7 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Charging you ahead of time is interesting to say the least, but since one has to give all that information, it does make sense...get the bidder quickly before he or she withdraws the bid, as then it is too late to change or modify.  So many, many factors involved in bidding and receiving...

It was only a day or less.  

7 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We will be sailing on the Silhouette soon.  We did a reasonable move up bid from a sky suite to a Celebrity Suite, Penthouse and Royal.  Thus far for some reason without any notice our bid for the Penthouse and Royal suites say "expired".  We never were told it would expire.  Expected an email if we didn't get it.  Also we have a Pending for our celebrity suite- so perhaps that is still in play.

No suites are available on the website, so perhaps only if somebody cancels will they consider our bid.

Are you able to submit a new bid for your expired Penthouse and Royal categories?  Perhaps they increased the minimum bid above the amount of your bid.

In both our experiences with the Move Up bid process, we received an e mail stating our bid was not successful about 3 days before the start of the cruises.  It did not say expired.  I do not think that there was ever any availability for the Penthouse suite although Celebrity asked for bids.

Good Luck

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

Good news, we were just notified that we got the Celebrity suite.  No you cannot bid if the categories is expired.  Either somebody else got it, or it didn't become available.

We are happy!

That’s fantastic! Congratulations😊

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

On our cruise it opened up at 44 days prior to cruise.   I've had a bid in for 2 weeks now and still haven't heard anything.

I also didn't get an e-mail and was able to just put in Reservation Number and Name.   BTW a link is also found on Celebrity Site under Menu

Moveup.jpg.cdc40e6b65ef4d90ac5475c049925d79.jpg

Our Transpacific cruise also opened up at about the 45-day mark.  I also didn't wait or receive an email, but just went to the link on the Celebrity home page you referenced and was able place a bid. 

The company Celebrity contracts with to handle the MoveUp program is one used by many airlines, as well as RCCL and NCL.

Here's a link to a list of participants;

https://www.plusgrade.com/partners/

A few observations this week on the MoveUp program:

1. We were booked in a S1 and the minimum bids offered were as follows: $750 (per person) to CS, $1000 to RS and $2000 to PS. This is for a 14 day cruise. For just a little more than the minimum $750 bid we were able to upgrade outright to the CS. Doing so will give us the additional points in the Captain's Club that we wouldn't get if we won a MoveUp bid. And upgrading through the TA allowed them to increase our amount of OBC, something we also wouldn't get using the MoveUp program. 

2. Once we paid to upgrade to CS, I was curious to see what the minimum MoveUp bid would be now.  While it had been $1,000 to bid from S1 to RS, the amount increased to $1200 from CS to RS!  And the S1 to PS which had been $2,000, did go down to $1,500 from CS to PS. 

There are obviously a number of factors that influence the ever-changing $$ amount of bid offers that will be accepted. And in the case of our sailing, there haven't been any publicly available RS or PS in quite some time, which again illustrates they gather bids for these categories regardless. If a last minute cancellation comes in, they already have bid amounts, and more importantly, credit card numbers of willing bidders waiting in the wings. Remember the days when unsold suites would be given as Bingo prizes?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Beav, did your original S1 booking include the Best (four perks)?  Did you new CS booking also include the Best (four perks)?

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed experience.  Now someone will have an opportunity for a nice S1.  Good example of why you should always check pricing.

Yes, I do remember the Bingo upgrades.

Edited by jagoffee

2 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Beav, did your original S1 booking include the Best (four perks)?  Did you new CS booking also include the Best (four perks)?

thank you for taking the time to share your detailed experience.  Now someone will have an opportunity for a nice S1.

Yes, I do remember the Bingo upgrades.

No, this is for a Transpacific sailing, so no Go BBB!

My husband and I received our move up notice on Tues. for our cruise in April.  We were in a CS and placed a bid slightly above minimum for a PS and we were notified today that our bid was accepted.  The only way we found out, was  Celebrity sending out an updated invoice in our email, we are excited since this cruise is our honeymoon.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, WineCruiser11 said:

My husband and I received our move up notice on Tues. for our cruise in April.  We were in a CS and placed a bid slightly above minimum for a PS and we were notified today that our bid was accepted.  The only way we found out, was  Celebrity sending out an updated invoice in our email, we are excited since this cruise is our honeymoon.

Congratulations not only on your successful bid, but your marriage. Have a wonderful honeymoon cruise in a Penthouse! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WineCruiser11 said:

Don’t know if you’ve been in a PS before, but you should get a call or email soon from shoreside concierge with more information.  You are entitled to 2 bottles of alcohol, feel free to ask for wine instead.  My experience was the wine was replenished throughout the cruise.  They will have a bigger selection on board then what is offered precruise. Congratulations on your marriage. 

2 hours ago, WineCruiser11 said:

Congratulations.

I was wondering if Celebrity showed an available PS on their website around the time that you submitted your bid?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I just received a ludicrous move up offer for my May sailing to Alaska on Solstice.  I currently have an excellent 1A cabin midship with a very large balcony.  For a mere beginning bid of $150/pp, I could try for an AQ cabin in an uncertain location.  Problem is, the AQ cabins are currently selling for $250/pp less than what I paid for my 1A.  Think I will pass on this.  😁

On 3/15/2019 at 5:55 PM, WineCruiser11 said:

How long before your cruise were you notified of your win?  

We also just received a ridiculous move up offer.  We are in an A1 Aqua cabin, so the only move up options are suites.  The minimum offer for a Sky suite was $900 per person, with a notation that we would have to pay the extra suite gratuities if our offer was accepted.  However, for about the last month, Celebrity has been offering a sky suite rate with all four perks for only $450 per person more than our A1 cabin, which we decided not to do.  So if we bid, we would have to pay twice as much for less.  

13 minutes ago, cruiserchuck said:

We also just received a ridiculous move up offer.  We are in an A1 Aqua cabin, so the only move up options are suites.  The minimum offer for a Sky suite was $900 per person, with a notation that we would have to pay the extra suite gratuities if our offer was accepted.  However, for about the last month, Celebrity has been offering a sky suite rate with all four perks for only $450 per person more than our A1 cabin, which we decided not to do.  So if we bid, we would have to pay twice as much for less.  

It is always good to know the value of an upgrade, which you obviously do know.    I upgraded from an A1 to SS Guarantee for $250 pp just after final payment.  

• Thanks 1