Reflection March 11th 2019 - Live! 🍸😎

MR_T

Flight day has arrived 👍🏼😃

After the scary alarm at 3.45am we had a good Uber to the airport, all seemed to be going ok until we reached the pre-clearance of American customs! 🙄 

Sir, have you ever been arrested... 😱 (just to confirm NO!!) please follow me... so off I go to a waiting area behind the customs area... 

At that point I guess it’s only natural for all sorts of stuff to go through you’re mind but in the end it was all ok, it was just my finger prints failed and to be honest it’s happened before but not for a few years and after a short discussion all was ok and I was free to go 👍🏼 I guess years as a chef has taken its toll with burns/cuts etc, 

now waiting to board that hopefully will be smooth flight to the sunshine ☀️ 

See you all on the other side... 👍🏼😎 

• Like 1

Love the Reflection, she is our favorite ship! If you get a chance to ask, can you find out if they are offering the Ultimate Dining Package on board? It's not being offered on the cruise planner for our next cruise on her, we have booked the specialty dinner package for each night, but it's usually not much more to get the Ultimate and have lunch at the specialties included also 🙂

Thanks and have a wonderful time!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ABC Cruisers said:

Love the Reflection, she is our favorite ship! If you get a chance to ask, can you find out if they are offering the Ultimate Dining Package on board? 

I do not believe the UDP is offered on any of the ships any more.  😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fitz55 said:

Hope that you were not on the Air Transit flight that had the emergency landing in Newark. Sounds like that was scary. 

Luckily not 😱, arrived safe & sound and the feeding frenzy has begun... 🐷😂

• Like 2

Wow, just reading about the Air Transat flight emergency landing at Newark (Montreal - Fort Lauderdale) on 9 out of 10 flights we book for a cruise would be our normal option... we just fancied a change this time and opted for Orlando, good choice I guess 😱

• Like 2

Yea! A Refection live review.  My wife and I sail on the Reflection this coming June 26th in the Baltic.  We have been on the Solstice and the Silohouette. We loved them both.  Thank you in advance for this review.

• Like 1

Had a great meal last night at Seito Sushi Orlando, can recommend it too any sushi lovers out there... 

not it to mention the dessert... deep fried cheesecake with a huge scoop of ice cream 🐷👍🏼😋 

E1FA9FC2-2CB9-4E0D-9F55-7AD83BD4CDEE.jpeg

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 11:28 PM, chamima said:

Happy to hear that about the Reflection.

As far as the Silhouette does the name Chikka ring a bell?

We've sailed in Aqua a lot and the only other time we had problems in Blu there was also a problem with the manager.

As I observed him this time I could think of multiple things that should have been handled differently starting with that obsessive control of the entry , not EVER helping the waiters, pulling waiters who were in the middle of something to do something else, etc. etc.

Good waiters can only do so much.

Welcome home !! Welcome to paradise.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HAM said:

Welcome home !! Welcome to paradise.

Oh George!

Thanks for the chuckle on this very grey morning in what is decidedly NOT paradise.

REALLY, REALLY missed you on the last cruise!

But Chikka (Chykka) didn't get any better or come up with any new lines.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrFunInTheSun said:

Last nights sushi looks amazing! 

To be honest the actual sushi is my amazing wife’s domaine... I don’t eat raw fish but they did have a few nice tasty dishes/options for me as well as what Julie has... but they didn’t look great in a picture and the picture of Julie’s choices are on her phone so I didnt have that when I posted... however, did I mention the cheesecake... 😂 

Well after a descent drive down from Orlando and after a little bit of traffic/road works initially we made good time and after dropping off the car at FLL we jumped in a taxi and walked into terminal 25 at 9.30am exactly, they are not ready to let us up into the terminal quite yet but there are some seating options downstairs so that’s ok 👍🏼 I’d say there was around 30+- pax here already so we are not first 😂 

first impressions are it looks like a nice terminal (bright & airy) also has WiFi 👍🏼

updates to follow but fingers crossed for a smooth quick boarding process,