EZAir Tickets Still Show Pending

turquoisesea

Our final payment date has passed and we paid two weeks ago. How long does it take for our flights to show up as “Confirmed”?  Our flights are still showing as Pending on the airline website.  It seems to me that on previous cruises once the final date had passed Princess paid for the tickets and they were confirmed.  Anyone have info on this process?

My experience / yours may vary: 45 days b4 flight unless I ask that they be changed from flexible to restricted by Princess OR I select my seats & confirm myself paying their fee (One World or Star airline partners system from $45-200)

Oh snap! Made me look. The upgrade on my November RT nonstop SFO to Melbourne flight just jumped to $205 on UAL. Yes still shows pending on Princess but confirmed seats on UAL. So now if I change flights it'll have to decrease price by over $305 (only paying 846 so done with changing flight)

While the official policy is that the actual ticketing is not done until 45 days prior to embarkation, our experience has been that there can be some "slippage" on the date.  On our last EZAIR cruise (Regal this past October) the transaction did not show-up until 42 days prior.   You do have a couple of choices :).  You can just relax and let it happen when it happens.  or.....You can contact Princess (directly or through your cruise/travel agency) and request that your flights be immediately ticketed.

One reason not to have it immediately ticketed is that if there is a price drop (or perhaps better flights open up) you can still make changes right up until they day it is ticketed.  Once ticketed, you would be subject to the usual change penalties which can be hundreds of dollars per ticket.

Hank

4 minutes ago, cruisingpeople said:

When I had my TA make my final payment, I advised her to have Princess inform the airlines to issue my tickets. Entire process was completed in less than an hour.

That has been our experience the two times we used EZ Air.  Final payment for our upcoming cruise is due at the end of March and we will instruct our TA to inform Princess that we want the tickets issued then.