Splendor - new "perks" for Grand & Master suites

5 hours ago, seaknots said:

agree that more perks should be given to those who pay more & those who sail more. only fair

confused by those who say they do not brag about large cabins but do announce what they book on this forum

I think most people who post what cabin they've booked are mostly being informative - I know it helps me if I have questions about certain cabin categories I know who's sailed in what cabins so I know who to ask.

Now me, if I ever book a trip in the Regent Suite you can bet your bippy that everyone on this forum will know.  Not that that will ever happen, though...   :classic_sad:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UUNetBill said:

I think most people who post what cabin they've booked are mostly being informative - I know it helps me if I have questions about certain cabin categories I know who's sailed in what cabins so I know who to ask.

Now me, if I ever book a trip in the Regent Suite you can bet your bippy that everyone on this forum will know.  Not that that will ever happen, though...   :classic_sad:

There are some  posters that repeatedly state that they stay in Grand/Master suites.  We stay in various suites - from PH to Master and occasionally Concierge.  Unless asked or if we get an upsell, I don't like discussing the suite level that we are in.  Since we did get an upsell on our last cruise - I shared that fact and posted photos of the suite.  

9 hours ago, seaknots said:

agree that more perks should be given to those who pay more & those who sail more. only fair

confused by those who say they do not brag about large cabins but do announce what they book on this forum

I don't think anyone announce what suite they have---It's usually in regards to a question-plus on this board no one really knows you are or what suite number, date your staying in...........

Well, I usually stay in an E-G cabin unless I get a heckuva deal on an upsell or a visit from the upgrade fairy (both pretty rare occurrences).  If it's worth it to others to pay twice as much (or more) to be on the same boat, well, more power to 'em.  

Me?  I'll stay in my little F2 and end enjoy my cruise...and buy a nice car or new motorcycle or fractional ownership in a plane or a boat or something with the money I save.  But that's just my choice.   :classic_biggrin:

3 minutes ago, UUNetBill said:

Well, I usually stay in an E-G cabin unless I get a heckuva deal on an upsell or a visit from the upgrade fairy (both pretty rare occurrences).  If it's worth it to others to pay twice as much (or more) to be on the same boat, well, more power to 'em.  

Me?  I'll stay in my little F2 and end enjoy my cruise...and buy a nice car or new motorcycle or fractional ownership in a plane or a boat or something with the money I save.  But that's just my choice.   :classic_biggrin:

Or another cruise 😀

Just confirming that I received a notice from Regent that beginning March 25th the Master and Grand Suites will receive free unlimited valet laundry service.  I'll be on the Explorer but it appears to be fleet wide.

On 3/9/2019 at 6:41 PM, wcsdkqh said:

Speaking of semantics, I don’t believe Regent is giving away anything. Anyone paying for these suites has more than paid for these “perks”

Regent wasn’t giving away the free laundry either. They offered it as an incentive to book certain Mediterranean cruises which weren’t selling well. This year instead of the laundry they are giving $250 OBC which of course one may use for laundry. 

3 hours ago, Got2Cruise said:

Regent wasn’t giving away the free laundry either. They offered it as an incentive to book certain Mediterranean cruises which weren’t selling well. This year instead of the laundry they are giving $250 OBC which of course one may use for laundry. 

However, IMHO, they were giving away benefits that others had earned.  The fact that some Mediterranean cruises were not selling well is not a good excuse.  And, $250 would barely cover laundry on some cruises.  

Again, In my opinion, giving away benefits and lowering fares will not necessarily gain new customers for Regent - especially when those "benefits" go away and you have to pay full price for a cruise.  

Sorry - this is a huge negative to me - one that I'm trying to forget ever happened.

Bill, I agree that the F2 suites on Explorer are lovely and most people would be more than happy to stay in one.  Just wish that they would sell the lower category suites as single suites as there are many widows, widowers and single folks that simply cannot pay double the cost for a suite.

45 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

However, IMHO, they were giving away benefits that others had earned.  The fact that some Mediterranean cruises were not selling well is not a good excuse.  And, $250 would barely cover laundry on some cruises.  

Again, In my opinion, giving away benefits and lowering fares will not necessarily gain new customers for Regent - especially when those "benefits" go away and you have to pay full price for a cruise.  

Sorry - this is a huge negative to me - one that I'm trying to forget ever happened.

Have to agree with you---I also believe you don't gain customers by discounting  to move suites. (Unless)  When Regent discounts a cruise late on, Regent should give a benefit to cruisers that have booked/paid the price.  Otherwise when someone finds out that is a regular customer--they fill cheated and taken for granted.