Breakfast with Stanley

lindsaygal

36 minutes ago, ckb104 said:

I'm cruising on the Star in September and nothing is listed yet.  I bet if it goes well, they will add it to other sailings.  I'm 48 and I admit, I would probably go.  😃 

I'm around your age with  no kids and I will definitely go! 

• Like 3

On 3/11/2019 at 6:32 PM, ceilidh1 said:

We did this on Carnival! Kids had a blast seeing the characters but refused point blank to even entertain the thought of eating green eggs and ham (there was other food on the menu but of course they insisted on ordering that as it was the green eggs n ham breakfast). Money well spent - not!

I once made green eggs and ham for my kids on St. Patrick's Day. They loved it! (My wife on the other hand... :classic_blink:)

• Like 1

On 3/11/2019 at 6:28 AM, Bollycats said:

We are OBSESSED with Stanley Bear! Where does it show up in the personalizer? I can't find it. (I'm on Regal too)

We have 5 Stanleys in our house so far - including the two special edition miniature ones (Thanksgiving - turkey and pumpkin Stanleys). We are a little obsessed too. I wish they would make more outfits for him - originally we were told that every destination would have a different outfit, but so far we have only found Alaska, the Captain, and Xmas clothing......

• 2 months later...

I have the stanly breakfast available in my personalizer, but no date!  Hmmm, wonder if it's booked and no spaces available or if it's just a place setter.

Oh and HI YA GIMER!

Figured it out, there HAS to be a child, nope, we can't go if it's only adults.  SIGH

Edited by justafem
info

im  53   will turn  54 on  our  cruise in November  I  would  totally LOVE having  breakfast  with Stanley..  hubby  wouldnt mind...  I  have  a small Stanley  and would LOve a  large one..    

I  need  to  check this out

Hi All,

We did the Breakfast with Stanley on our cruise in March. It was cute, but since it was the first time they ran the event it was a little disorganized. It was a nice breakfast with theme food as well as a limited dining room menu if anyone wanted anything outside of the bear face pancakes and combo breakfast. However, the food did not come out at the same time so my kids were done eating and bored by the time the adults received their food. They did have fun music and Stanley came to see all the kids and you were able to take your own pictures (there was not a photographer there). My main problem was that the breakfast was for children but the only time slot was 8 am on a sea day, it made for a busy and long day. I also think that price was a bit high for a family, we had 3 adults and two kids, so for $50 I don't think it was a great value. Carnival does a Dr. Seuss breakfast for $5 and I think it is much better done, theme, presentation and interactivity wise. 

• Like 1

On 3/13/2019 at 9:28 PM, ceilidh1 said:

We have 5 Stanleys in our house so far - including the two special edition miniature ones (Thanksgiving - turkey and pumpkin Stanleys). We are a little obsessed too. I wish they would make more outfits for him - originally we were told that every destination would have a different outfit, but so far we have only found Alaska, the Captain, and Xmas clothing......

I have the turkey and pumpkin Stanleys as well. They're so cute! I wanted to get the Christmas Reindeer Stanley but they were all sold out.

6 hours ago, justafem said:

Figured it out, there HAS to be a child, nope, we can't go if it's only adults.  SIGH

That sucks!  They should have one for adults.  I would go.  😃  

On 3/13/2019 at 10:45 AM, ckb104 said:

I'm cruising on the Star in September and nothing is listed yet.  I bet if it goes well, they will add it to other sailings.  I'm 48 and I admit, I would probably go.  😃 

This big kid would love to go, but there's going to be a bunch of little kids there. 😕 I'll have to think about it. 😉😁

Just checked again and now I do see the breakfast with Stanley in the Cruise Personalizer, under the Specialty Dining tab. However when I try to book it for 2 adults and 1 child the "select a date" option is empty. Oddly, if I change it to one adult and one child, it says "no available date". I can't imagine it's sold out more than two months out. How many people really know about this?