Uniworld Business Class Air

jeter55

I am considering Uniworld Gems of Northern Italy with Business Class upgrade. Has anyone recently used Uniworld Air? I am coming from JFK New York and was hoping they would offer direct flights. Thanks

16 minutes ago, jeter55 said:

I am considering Uniworld Gems of Northern Italy with Business Class upgrade. Has anyone recently used Uniworld Air? I am coming from JFK New York and was hoping they would offer direct flights. Thanks

There is no direct flight from Venice to JFK. There are a number of airlines that fly JFK to Milan; I don't know what Uniworld would use.

23 minutes ago, jeter55 said:

Thanks but I see that Delta as direct flights from JFK to Venice, not sure if Uniworld has a contract with them.

Sorry, I searched a specific date in August (not knowing your dates) and it didn't show up, so it might not be daily.

Booked economy class air with Uniworld for Gems of Northern Italy last week.

The procedure is a bit complicated but resulted in choice of flights, with some limitations, as Uniworld only has contracts for certain flights.  Even with the addition of their $95pp fee, pricing was much better than I could find on my own.

After reserving the trip through a travel agent I filled out the Custom Air Service Request form in the “Already Booked” area of Uniworld’s website.

The next day I had an email with a suggested itinerary.  Through back and forth emails I had Uniworld check several other itineraries.  The problem with this system is that the availability and pricing is fleeting.  By the time I decided on an itinerary it was higher in price.  So be sure you are available to email back when you are offered an agreeable itinerary.

Uniworld reserved the flights and I had to contact my travel agent for payment.

BTW I was told by the travel agent if I’d chosen the Free Air or Business Air special I would have had to pay the $95pp to assure all of my family was on the same flights.  Also, Uniworld can book those flights without your input if you don’t immediately start a custom air service request.

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:01 AM, jeter55 said:

Hey Stranger,:classic_biggrin: when are you sailing? How are things?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Lois,

I just booked Uniworld Venice to Venice for July. Its not a traditional river cruise as it mainly stays in the Venice Lagoon. Very excited to try the Uniworld product, I got the business class upgrade and will be flying direct from NY.  I see you are about to go on an Azamara cruise have fun !

• Like 1

Hi Anne, yes, I am leaving a week from today for NYC:classic_smile: going to see Beautiful and then cruising next Wednesday.

Hope you have a great cruise. :classic_biggrin:You will have to post after you get back. I was looking at the same cruise but am thinking later in the year (possibly).

jeter55, good to know that DL flies there direct, and it's not an Alitalia codeshare. Might have to go some time, but would need to look at the schedule to see how much of the shoulder season they cover.

We've done 4 Uniworld cruises and really liked them, but not this itinerary. Hope you enjoy your cruise!

Hey Jeter55,

We did this trip in July '17 (flew Delta direct from NY-we live on LI) & it was awesome!  Since there  isn't much sailing & you stay in Venice the majority of the time you really get to experience the feel of the "city".   We docked in 2 different areas of Venice over the week which made it really easy to see a lot on our own in addition to the excursions thru Uniworld.  We found we would just hop off the ship, go for a walk, maybe grab a gelato then get back on the ship.  We even skipped dinner one night & ate at our favorite restaurant in Venice.  Sitting up on the sundeck watching the water taxis & even cruise ships go by was so relaxing.  We are actually thinking of repeating it for 2020.  Enjoy your trip & have fun!!

need2travel1

Your experience sounds wonderful , that's why I love cruise critic so much great information it made planning much easier. I have been to Venice but just for a day and half so I am very excited to have the time to explore in more depth while enjoying the 5 star service of Uniworld. Oh and I am from Long Island also, Huntington.

jpalbany

I will write a review when I return and glad to know you enjoyed Uniworld.

• Like 1

Let us know how you make out. I’ve found that when you purchase the air from the cruiseline not all of the available options are available thru them. So even though there is the direct Delta flight, it might not be available through the discounted Uniworld offer 

Got2Cruise

So far booking the flights with Uniworld has worked out we got the business class delta direct flights from JFK to Venice roundtrip at a considerable discount then I could have gotten on my own and we have our seat assignments.  Hopefully everything else goes smoothly.

• Like 2

On 4/4/2019 at 3:48 PM, jeter55 said:

Got2Cruise

So far booking the flights with Uniworld has worked out we got the business class delta direct flights from JFK to Venice roundtrip at a considerable discount then I could have gotten on my own and we have our seat assignments.  Hopefully everything else goes smoothly.

Great news!