New Pinnacle Grill Menu

cruzin4us

My mom just text me (currently she's on Eurodam) and said "Today they are changing the dinner menu in the Pinnacle Grill.  New additions and old things.  Menu looks nice and so glad they did it".

I'm asking her to send me pictures of the menu

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Jareds_mommytoo said:

My child is going to be so sad the  Brussel sprouts are gone, those were the only thing she was looking forward to, when we told her she had to come for a family dinner lol

Vegetarian?  Otherwise, the candied bacon that comes out on a clothesline is a show-stopper!  

(OR: the kitchen will still know how to cook the Brussels sprouts so maybe contact them beforehand and make a special request....?)

5 minutes ago, 1964IceCreamLady said:

Vegetarian?  Otherwise, the candied bacon that comes out on a clothesline is a show-stopper!  

(OR: the kitchen will still know how to cook the Brussels sprouts so maybe contact them beforehand and make a special request....?)

LOL she is just a weird child who loves roasted Brussel sproutsBrussel sprouts

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jareds_mommytoo said:

She's got company.  I love them, too and I'm very disappointed to see them taken off the menu.  

• Like 1

I LOVE LOVE LOVE roasted Brussels.  I think she is in good company.  Since I am SURE they will be in the pantry, I would request them, but give enough time.  Because they take an hour!  🙂  Having worked for years in a professional kitchen, I can say I liked special requests.  Changed my day up and I loved making the guest feel special.

As a friend always says, if you don't ask, the answer is always "no."

• Like 2

I am no child and I love roasted and fried Brussel Sprouts, had them last night as a side at a local resort hotel. We also have a great BBQ joint that makes the best roasted sprouts as a side dish.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I am no child and I love roasted and fried Brussel Sprouts, had them last night as a side at a local resort hotel. We also have a great BBQ joint that makes the best roasted sprouts as a side dish.

We have a place here that deep frys them, adds bacon, fried peppers and a hint of Creole seasoning at the end she orders that as her dinner 

Off topic...

we don’t eat sprouts all that often in Belgium, But I do love them. Why they are called Brussels Sprouts beats me...

Cook them with shallots and mustard. Bacon optional. Takes about 10 minutes as you do not want to have them too mushy but still a bit firm. Remove the bottom white part a bit as that's the bitter part. 

Make an incision in the bottom to cook them faster. First cook them 3 minutes in plenty of  water and leave the lid off. This removes the chance of a  stale ‘cabbage’ aftertaste. Drain and cool them in ice water.

then fry them in lots of butter, shallot, bacon and add some mustard. 😀 

enjoy.

• Like 2

My son and I ate at the PG on our Nieuw Statendam sailing during Christmas.  I was aware, from CC, of course, about the new menu.  I, too, was extremely disappointed that the sprouts were no longer available.  The carrots were good, but I would have preferred the sprouts.  Long ago, they removed the trio of crème brulee, which I loved.  Those flavors melted on my tongue.  I also missed the Dungeness crab cakes this last time.  Those succulent little cakes were one of the main reasons we reserved PG.   Yes, they still have crab cakes, but the flavor doesn't come close to those little cakes.  The bacon was good, but probably not something I'd order again.

Did I make PG reservations for this next cruise in two weeks?  Yes, because we started a tradition on our first HA cruise of eating in the PG the last night.  Habits die hard at my age.  I still enjoy the experience enough to pay $17.50 for it.  I do wish they could bring back my three favorite items, though.