question about how OBC's are handled

ule

I just logged in to my Celebrity account to check my booking.  It shows my on board credit.  Actually it is showing more than my on board credit.  So my question is, is the OBC amount I am seeing under my account including my friend's as well?  If this is the case then the OBC amount is too low.  I'm just kind of confused.  Does my account only show my amount and her account will only show her amount?  Or would the number I am seeing be for both of us and we are supposed to split it?

TIA

You are probably getting the bonus OBC from a promotion in addition to the OBC you expect from the perk. They had $50 bonus OBC a couple weeks ago and $200 bonus last week. In my bookings, the OBC are showing per room though. If you are seeing less than expected, the OBC from your TA (instead of from Celebrity) is probably not there yet.

Edited by Tourist1292

Not sure I like it if they have the room credits lumped into one sum.  How would that work for spending?  My friend could go on a drunken rampage and spend it all leaving me with nothing.

32 minutes ago, ule said:

Not sure I like it if they have the room credits lumped into one sum.  How would that work for spending?  My friend could go on a drunken rampage and spend it all leaving me with nothing.

If you're really afraid of that happening, maybe you should find a new 'cruise buddy'.   What does your friend see when he/she logs on?   Is the credit the same amount or does it show something different?   It sounds like a visit to Passenger Services is in order, setting up different accounts with different credit cards.   

The drunken rampage comment was a total joke.  We are on the same booking but we pay for all our own stuff separately.  Once on board everything we buy goes onto our own credit cards.  Since the OBC amount I was seeing is too high if it's just for me and too low if it's for the both of us, I just thought some of the experienced cruisers here may have cruised with a friend before and would know if the credit amount I was seeing was just for me or spit between the two of us.

I'd advise that you call Captains Club for clarification. Also I'd suggest that your friend check the other account and see what's showing there. Did you book direct with X or with a TA? If you booked with a TA and got additional OBC from them, that will most likely not show up until you're on board and may take up to 3 days (although we usually see it much more quickly).

Edited by Luvcrusn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ule said:

I have the same problem with my wife, except she does not have to be drunk to go on a spending rampage. 😂😉

Edited by captainfun
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, captainfun said:

I have the same problem with my wife, except she does not have to be drunk to go on a spending rampage. 😂😉

Too funny.  I see you're from Bucks County, PA.  I'm pretty sure that's where my Aunt and Uncle lived.  Would that include Newtown?

25 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

I'd advise that you call Captains Club for clarification. Also I'd suggest that your friend check the other account and see what's showing there. Did you book direct with X or with a TA? If you booked with a TA and got additional OBC from them, that will most likely not show up until you're on board and may take up to 3 days (although we usually see it much more quickly).

We booked with a TA.  The TA is actually a friend of ours and will be on the cruise with us.  They were already booked and invited us to join them.  We've never been on a Celebrity cruise so it was a perfect opportunity to try them out.

4 minutes ago, ule said:

We booked with a TA.  The TA is actually a friend of ours and will be on the cruise with us.  They were already booked and invited us to join them.  We've never been on a Celebrity cruise so it was a perfect opportunity to try them out.

Since your friend is the TA and has travelled with X before I'd suggest checking with the TA.

2 hours ago, micheleata said:

Any OBC from your TA will not show until you are onboard.  There will be a card on your bed with the other daily papers stating that you have $ OBC as a gift from your TA.

I always have TA OBC and have never gotten a note like that but it shows up in my account once I'm on board. 

For anyone who is curious, according to my TA, the OBC dollar amount I am seeing is per cabin.  So at some point we'll have to find out how and when they plan on putting half on each one of our accounts.  And he did also say that the OBC credit from him would show up in our accounts about a week before we sail.

2 minutes ago, ule said:

For anyone who is curious, according to my TA, the OBC dollar amount I am seeing is per cabin.  So at some point we'll have to find out how and when they plan on putting half on each one of our accounts.  And he did also say that the OBC credit from him would show up in our accounts about a week before we sail.

You want to make sure that when you complete your registration on line that you assign different charge cards to each of you.  This way you are not responsible for you cabin mates charges. Celebrity will want to see each of your cards when you check in at the pier.

I cannot say with certainty that your TA does not have some kind of special relation with Celebrity.  I have taken many Celebrity cruises and I have always received Refundable OBC from various TAs.  The TA’s OBC has never showed up on line before the cruise.  The TA’s OBC showed up on my on board account within a couple of the ship’s departure.  No big deal.

If the OBC is not showing up as split, you can visit Guest Services after it shows up on one of your accounts, so they can allocate it correctly.

Enjoy your cruise.

• 5 weeks later...

How do you know if OBC is refundable or not? We are getting $500 from Princess, $100 for my dad's military and $150 from TA. On our booking I am passenger #1, my father is #2 and my mother is #3.  I will be using my credit card and my parents will be using theirs.  The OBC from Princess shows divided between me and my father. My mother and I are thinking of having a spa day. Since my parents are on the same credit card will she be able to use the OBC in my father's name? Can the OBC be pulled together for shore excursions since we all our in the same mini suite?   

I traveled with a friend and we had the $300 OBC perk, separate credit cards tied to our sail cards. On board each of us were allotted $150. However the extras OBC from TA that showed up halfway through was just on mine (the booking party). I just Venmoed my friend half of the extra OBC amount and we were square.