Balcony Decorations

Is there anything you have done or seen on a balcony while in port and you take a picture of the ship.......  Oh look, that's my balcony, the one with the big bow!!  or something?  Nothing that will damage the ship obviously, nothing that will blow away, obviously, but I'd like to somehow make my balcony look different so I know when I look from the port, where my cabin is.

Thanks for any ideas.

1 hour ago, Annicruise2014 said:

Is there anything you have done or seen on a balcony while in port and you take a picture of the ship.......  Oh look, that's my balcony, the one with the big bow!!  or something?  Nothing that will damage the ship obviously, nothing that will blow away, obviously, but I'd like to somehow make my balcony look different so I know when I look from the port, where my cabin is.

Thanks for any ideas.

Try window clings - the ones without anything sticky - on the inside of your balcony door. No chance of them blowing away. 

😊

window clings are a good idea.  I'll have to find some big ones!!!! this would be NO EXTRA packing space and throw away when I'm done

OR

a flag tied on with zip ties and bring scissors to cut them off

Thanks

Edited by Annicruise2014

I proposed to my wife live as we sailed out of FLL several years ago had the family watching on the webcam.  I made a banner and zip tied it to the balcony worked great.

Exposed the gender of our child a couple of years later doing the same thing.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, HodgeNNicole said:

I proposed to my wife live as we sailed out of FLL several years ago had the family watching on the webcam.  I made a banner and zip tied it to the balcony worked great.

OMG........ that’s great!   Really neat idea for gender reveal too!   😃

10 hours ago, HodgeNNicole said:

Awww, I love this!  Great idea!

Because of my Irish roots I always fly my Irish flags on St Patricks Day,usually on my car but last year we were on a cruise ship berthed in Barbados,I was really pleased to find chairs on the balcony that they flew really well from,a bit of a downer was that nobody I met on board seemed to know it was Paddy's Day,they thought I was wearing an Irish shirt because of the Six Nations Rugby!

11 hours ago, HodgeNNicole said:

Hardest part was it was our first cruise together and I had the whole proposal on my mind and could enjoy the first couple of hours on the ship.  Then my friends were blowing up my phone so much I had to turn it off!!

HAHAHA, sorry, I get that though!  I'm going to suggest this to my son to do as we just took his GF with us on her first cruise.  She loved it so no problem getting her on again!  Now I'll also need to suggest DH and I come along to help set it up for them while he distracts her, right? Win/win 🙂  Kidding, sort of 🙂  

What side of the ship passes the webcam from Port Everglades?

5 hours ago, ShillyShally said:

HAHAHA

What side of the ship passes the webcam from Port Everglades?

Unless they start backing ships out of port it is always going to be the left side.  Webcam is in a condo building.

1 hour ago, LeeW said:

Unless they start backing ships out of port it is always going to be the left side.  Webcam is in a condo building.

LOL, I actually had to think about if this was port or starboard as I rowed crew for many years and rowing backwards starboard is my left and that gets rather ingrained - so left is port 🙂

I actually have the video and both sets of parents were able to watch live so it made it even better.

It was not fun sitting out on the wet balcony in the rain, trying to hang the banner with my "girlfriend" asking me why we had to hang the stupid banner when we could be out exploring the ship LOL.  

She did apologize after I proposed using the sign.  Clearly I found a keeper.

Then of course we had no choice but to do the gender reveal using the same method.  The guy that runs the camera remembered me when i called him to set up the gender reveal.  Substantially more relaxing the second time LOL

• 2 weeks later...