Upgrade to Concierge Class

sfpd3000

We've been offered a free upgrade to concierge class on the Solstice.  Should we take it or not?  It would involve switching from a starboard  cabin to a portside cabin on the Alaska cruise?  Your thoughts and opinions would be much appreciated.

IMHO Concierge class benefits are relatively minor and on S-class the same cabin size as a standard balcony. I would only take the free offer if the cabin location is more to your liking than that of your current cabin or if you wish to accumulate loyalty points faster.

Regarding port versus starboard it really makes no difference on your Alaskan cruise.

19 minutes ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

IMHO Concierge class benefits are relatively minor and on S-class the same cabin size as a standard balcony. I would only take the free offer if the cabin location is more to your liking than that of your current cabin or if you wish to accumulate loyalty points faster.

Regarding port versus starboard it really makes no difference on your Alaskan cruise.

If you can get a cabin on the hump then go for it. The embarkation lunch is also a nice perk but that's about it.

1 hour ago, sfpd3000 said:

We've been offered a free upgrade to concierge class on the Solstice.  Should we take it or not?  It would involve switching from a starboard  cabin to a portside cabin on the Alaska cruise?  Your thoughts and opinions would be much appreciated.

The actual cabins numbers would be very helpful.  

I believe 1247 would be almost exactly the same as 9266 except it will face aft so if you'd like to keep a forward view that may not be a good swap.  As far as 1229 the view forward will be the same but the balcony may be slightly smaller than 9266, but still on the front of the hump so bigger than the standard balcony.  At no cost I'd probably switch and take 1247 as the view wouldn't matter to me and I'd like the embarkation lunch as others have said, but also the footstools on the balcony that come with Concierge class.  If you get the 5 Captain's Club points instead of the 3 that come with a Veranda cabin I'd do it for sure.

• Like 1

Upgrade!

Early Embarkation

Embarkation Lunch in MDR

Concierge Representative at your beckon call

Most times Concierge get to do a Sail A Way - Ask Concierge

Afternoon Snacks - They offer different items - Talk to your room Steward - We do Cheese Plates and Fruit.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, korryp said:

Upgrade!

Early Embarkation

Embarkation Lunch in MDR

Concierge Representative at your beckon call

Most times Concierge get to do a Sail A Way - Ask Concierge

Afternoon Snacks - They offer different items - Talk to your room Steward - We do Cheese Plates and Fruit.

I'm in a cc cabin on silhouette on Sunday. Can I ask for a cheese plate and who do I call to order it? 

21 minutes ago, garyl62 said:

I believe 1247 would be almost exactly the same as 9266 except it will face aft so if you'd like to keep a forward view that may not be a good swap.  As far as 1229 the view forward will be the same but the balcony may be slightly smaller than 9266, but still on the front of the hump so bigger than the standard balcony.  At no cost I'd probably switch and take 1247 as the view wouldn't matter to me and I'd like the embarkation lunch as others have said, but also the footstools on the balcony that come with Concierge class.  If you get the 5 Captain's Club points instead of the 3 that come with a Veranda cabin I'd do it for sure.

On free upgrades you don’t get the extra points.

We enjoyed the conceirge cabin we had on the Equinox. The canapies definately were not anything special and we largely left them untouched. Also liked the footrests on the balcony, and the little binoculars in the room but otherwise room the same. I couldn’t speak more favourably about the Conceirge host though. Her name escapes me right now but she was patient and very helpful when we needed her assistance. Not sure if it is a regular perk, but we did have a private disembarkation area where a light breakfast was served. Nice touch😊

55 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I'm in a cc cabin on silhouette on Sunday. Can I ask for a cheese plate and who do I call to order it? 

We didn’t care for the canapés, talked to the concierge and she had it changed to cheese plate with dried fruit.

43 minutes ago, Dall said:

We didn’t care for the canapés, talked to the concierge and she had it changed to cheese plate with dried fruit.

That sounds nice some cheese and dried apricots and I'll be in heaven.

16 hours ago, sfpd3000 said:

If it was me, I would jump at it, for the following reasons: a) the upgrade to concierge for you is FREE!. b)The room-service breakfast menu includes 'smoothies' FREE! c)You have a concierge who will arrange just about anything you need and ask for..I have been able to change cabins by letting my concierge know I didn't like the one I originally had. I was also able to get a 'reduced' transfer from pier to hotel in Dublin. d)You may/should get invited to the 'heli-pad' for a sail-in or sail-away at one of the ports...it just makes you feel appreciated and special, especially the champagne/mimosa that greets you. Fabulous photo opportunity too. e)Additional points towards your next tier...at least 2 extra points per day. I became 'Elite' in 4 cruises, going concierge. f)The lunch in the MDR on embarkation day...such a wonderful way to start your cruise. It is only open to Concierge class cabins and normally closes at 1pm, so ensure you get to enjoy it. g)Priority boarding...what's not to like about that.

h)Fruit/Cheese & Crackers/appetizers delivered to your cabin every afternoon. i)Complimentary bottle of wine delivered to your cabin when you request it. j)Tote bag...not anything special, but it does have a zipper, so contents won't fall out.

Let me know what you have decided and do come back and report on your experience in Concierge class. Good Luck.

15 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Let your cabin steward know that instead of the canapés, you would prefer cheese & crackers or fruit.

• Like 1

You don’t need to be in concierge to get an afternoon snack. Room service will provide when you order....call or use the online interactive menu. You do not have to wait until 4 pm. It is your cruise.  Concierge cabins on S ships are same size as standard cabins. On M ships, concierge cabins are 20 sq. Ft. Larger. On M ships, a concierge cabin on deck 8 is my choice. On S ships, a cabin on the hump is my choice. 

1 hour ago, Mytravellove said:

If it was me, I would jump at it, for the following reasons: a) the upgrade to concierge for you is FREE!. b)The room-service breakfast menu includes 'smoothies' FREE! c)You have a concierge who will arrange just about anything you need and ask for..I have been able to change cabins by letting my concierge know I didn't like the one I originally had. I was also able to get a 'reduced' transfer from pier to hotel in Dublin. d)You may/should get invited to the 'heli-pad' for a sail-in or sail-away at one of the ports...it just makes you feel appreciated and special, especially the champagne/mimosa that greets you. Fabulous photo opportunity too. e)Additional points towards your next tier...at least 2 extra points per day. I became 'Elite' in 4 cruises, going concierge. f)The lunch in the MDR on embarkation day...such a wonderful way to start your cruise. It is only open to Concierge class cabins and normally closes at 1pm, so ensure you get to enjoy it. g)Priority boarding...what's not to like about that.

h)Fruit/Cheese & Crackers/appetizers delivered to your cabin every afternoon. i)Complimentary bottle of wine delivered to your cabin when you request it. j)Tote bag...not anything special, but it does have a zipper, so contents won't fall out.

Let me know what you have decided and do come back and report on your experience in Concierge class. Good Luck.

I would jump on it too but would never pay more than $50pp for an upgrade to Concierge. The only real benefit is the embarkation breakfast and the extra points.  The Concierge is available to everyone on the ship, priority boarding is only a separate line, sometimes the regular line is shorter. In your case you will not get the points since it’s a free upgrade.