Coral Princess Internet

bemis12

We are sailing in the coral princess in June. Have not purchased Internet yet, and the final payment date is tomorrow. 

I’m assuming that I will still be allowed to purchase an Internet package after the final payment date. 

I haven’t purchased a package yet, because they are still showing the three old packages. The Coral should have Mcgallion net on April 1.   I have read that that is both faster and cheaper than the old packages. So I have not been interested in buying a more expensive package that won’t even exist in a couple of weeks.

Do I need to purchase a package before final payment date? Will it hurt anything if I just wait to see what they offer after April 1?

We are sailing on the Coral in May. I made my final payment in February and still have the option to purchase internet packages but I am waiting until the new medallion net packages are available. You can still purchase excursions, items from the Princess shops etc until very close to your cruise date. 

I'm on the Coral starting April 5.  I am platinum so I will be seeing what is generally offered for Medallion.net plus how they handle the internet benefit for platinum PAX.  My cruise personalizer is still showing the information for "PrincessConnect" which is the older slower WiFi on board.  Medallion.net is supposed to roll out on the Coral the date we sail.  When I know the answers to these questions. I'll post them here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, bobbismith said:

Our cruise is June 16 and the internet packeage is Connet. I will keep checking.

Bobbi

Sorry, I misunderstood you, Connect is what I’m seeing too, but I was referring to no longer seeing the old per minute packages! Sorry for the confusion!

7 hours ago, bobbismith said:

Our cruise is June 16 and the internet packeage is Connet. I will keep checking.

Bobbi

It still had not shown up with a medallion.net package, so i ended up calling in.  My rep seemed surprised that the medallion net package was not showing.

At any rate, I did get the medallion net package thru the rep.  $59.99

MedallionNet webpage from Princess states MedallionNet is currently available on Coral.  I board Coral in 4 days and my personalizer still has PrincessConnect, not MedallionNet.  I was advised to wait until I am on board to purchase anyway, so we will see.  I'll let you know.  Princess really needs to up its IT game...

It was available on my personalizer for our May sailing but when I went on yesterday to purchase it the option was gone and only the PrincessConnect packages were showing.

Edited by jtdlmc

3 hours ago, jtdlmc said:

It was available on my personalizer for our May sailing but when I went on yesterday to purchase it the option was gone and only the PrincessConnect packages were showing.

Like I said, Princess really needs to up its IT game.  You don't know what to believe on their web pages.:classic_sad:

On 3/31/2019 at 7:47 PM, ErLee said:

Sorry, I misunderstood you, Connect is what I’m seeing too, but I was referring to no longer seeing the old per minute packages! Sorry for the confusion!

Hi ErLee

If you haven’t ordered yet, I was able to call  Princess today(4/2) and order Medallion.net $59 for the cruise. They were surprised that it wasn’t available online(iPhone anyway).

See you onboard and the excursion to Misty Fjords.

Alan

23 minutes ago, Lov1ngLife said:

Hi ErLee

If you haven’t ordered yet, I was able to call  Princess today(4/2) and order Medallion.net $59 for the cruise. They were surprised that it wasn’t available online(iPhone anyway).

See you onboard and the excursion to Misty Fjords.

Alan

Edit

Sorry it’s $59.99 for the week.

2 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

We’re on the Coral in Jan 2020 to SA and Antarctica. Our pricing is showing as $129.99.

We depart FLL on 12/2 and arrive Santiago on 1/5. Is this the same itinerary as yours?

25 minutes ago, Ep010835 said:

We depart FLL on 12/2 and arrive Santiago on 1/5. Is this the same itinerary as yours?

Your itinerary is longer.  The $129.99 is for 16 days.  You've got a fantastic deal for so many days.

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 7:19 PM, Daniel A said:

I'm on the Coral starting April 5.  I am platinum so I will be seeing what is generally offered for Medallion.net plus how they handle the internet benefit for platinum PAX.  My cruise personalizer is still showing the information for "PrincessConnect" which is the older slower WiFi on board.  Medallion.net is supposed to roll out on the Coral the date we sail.  When I know the answers to these questions. I'll post them here.

So, this is my second day on the Coral.  I signed up for the MedallionNet yesterday (Embarkation Day) and for a 15 day cruise, with 50% off the 1 device at a time plan, it was 149.99.  So basically Princess is listing $20 per day for MedallionNet.  On Embarkation day, they offer everyone 50% discount off what would have been $300 for 15 days which comes out to $149.  Then, for Platinum and Elite level PAX they then take an additional 25% off the $149 which brought my MedallionNet package for one device for 15 days to $112.50.  So, essentially, if you are Platinum or Elite and you purchase the plan on embarkation day your MedallionNet discount will be 62.5 % off the 'list' price. Your other option for Platinum or Elite is to take the free minutes alone.  (0-7 days/150 min; 8-20 days/250 min; 21+ days/500 min)

In my opinion, Princess is really scamming the Platinum and Elites because they take the 25% off the discounted price, not the full price, so you aren't getting a 25% discount it is only a 12.5% discount.  Oh well, 12.5% is better than nothing...:classic_sad:

9 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

So, this is my second day on the Coral.  I signed up for the MedallionNet yesterday (Embarkation Day) and for a 15 day cruise, with 50% off the 1 device at a time plan, it was 149.99.  So basically Princess is listing $20 per day for MedallionNet.  On Embarkation day, they offer everyone 50% discount off what would have been $300 for 15 days which comes out to $149.  Then, for Platinum and Elite level PAX they then take an additional 25% off the $149 which brought my MedallionNet package for one device for 15 days to $112.50.  So, essentially, if you are Platinum or Elite and you purchase the plan on embarkation day your MedallionNet discount will be 62.5 % off the 'list' price. Your other option for Platinum or Elite is to take the free minutes alone.  (0-7 days/150 min; 8-20 days/250 min; 21+ days/500 min)

In my opinion, Princess is really scamming the Platinum and Elites because they take the 25% off the discounted price, not the full price, so you aren't getting a 25% discount it is only a 12.5% discount.  Oh well, 12.5% is better than nothing...:classic_sad:

All scamming aside have a great cruise!!  😎

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

It may be my rose colored glasses, but I wouldn't consider it "scamming". I'd consider it an additional benefit and drink a toast to it on my balcony later. Different attitudes. 

Of course, we get on a ship, and my attitude is look for the good, and enjoy, not looking to see if they're bending me over or scamming me out of a conceived benefit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Interesting. I'm wondering how they would have handled it if you had purchased MD at the pre-cruise price? 

Reviewing their MN pricing structure on a few of our upcoming cruises, a 15 day cruise would fall within their 15-30 day pricing window. For this cruise length on a cruise we have booked for next February, they are charging us $129.99 per logon. Or $8.67 per day/per logon.

An interesting aside, I've looked at all of those cruises we have booked for which MN is available. The range is $8.67 per day/per logon to $4.64 per day/per logon. HUGE delta between the daily costs. But I digress. 

Let's say I go to my cruise personalizer today and purchase one logon for this 15 day cruise and spend $129.99 to do so. (Which BTW, I've already done.) Then on embarkation day do I go to the internet manager and get a platinum/elite discount of 25%/12.5% off or the $129.99 I spent today, these many months prior to the cruise?

Or do I abandon my platinum/elite minutes?

Or do I use the platinum/elite minutes until they are all gone then purchase at a daily rate? If so, what daily rate?