Lobster at Chops vs. Hooked Seafood

On the Navigator (and some other ships), the Hooked Seafood menu includes "Whole Maine Lobster", apparently included in the $39.99 cover charge.  The Chops menu includes "Broiled 1 1/2 Lb. Maine Lobster" but that lobster costs $21, in addition to the $42.99 cover charge, a total of $63.99.  Does anyone know what (if any) is the difference between the $39.99 lobster at Hooked and the $63.99 lobster at Chops?  Do you get a bigger or better lobster at Chops or do you just lose $24 by ordering lobster at Chops instead of Hooked?

Never had the Chops lobster  but  just had the Hooked lobster on Symphony  and it as delicious. It is a full  lobster  and the claw meat is already out.  The other seafood options ( selfish ) were very good.  We had raw and baked oysters, mussels, whole Maine lobster and desserts ( Whoopee Pie and Boston Cream Pie).  The chowder looked terrific, but we did not order it.  There were several sides and salads , but we  didn't order any.    I think there  were a few a non seafood entrée also.

If you have ever been to an RCCL Chops, I recommend you giving Hooked a try. 

Don't forget that RCCL will add 18% to the covers.

M

ps - we were happy to try Hooked because it is only on a  few ships, and Chops is on most RCCL ships.

Edited by cruisegirl1

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

You get steak and lobster at Chops 😁

Actually, you are limited to one entree at Chops.  My understanding is that, if you order the $21 broiled lobster, that counts as your entree, even though it costs extra.  However, if you order the $19 seafood tower (which includes a cold lobster tail), then you can still order a steak (since the seafood tower is an appetizer not an entree), if you are able to eat that that much!

2 minutes ago, actuarian said:

Actually, you are limited to one entree at Chops.  My understanding is that, if you order the $21 broiled lobster, that counts as your entree, even though it costs extra.  However, if you order the $19 seafood tower (which includes a cold lobster tail), then you can still order a steak (since the seafood tower is an appetizer not an entree), if you are able to eat that that much!

I've never heard it described that way. I am certain I have seen tables around me enjoying surf and turf on multiple occasions. 

Many people purchase the Chops Lobster as an add on to  an entrée.  You are  limited  to one entrée, but your are paying for an extra lobster not an lobster in place  of the entrée.   If you have  your heart  set on eating at Chops, and want an entrée  and the upcharge  lobster,  I'd get another  explanation.   Otherwise I can endorse Hooked. ( well at least on Symphony)

enjoy

M

4 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Never had the Chops lobster  but  just had the Hooked lobster on Symphony  and it as delicious. It is a full  lobster  and the claw meat is already out.  The other seafood options ( selfish ) were very good.  We had raw and baked oysters, mussels, whole Maine lobster and desserts ( Whoopee Pie and Boston Cream Pie).  The chowder looked terrific, but we did not order it.  There were several sides and salads , but we  didn't order any.    I think there  were a few a non seafood entrée also.

If you have ever been to an RCCL Chops, I recommend you giving Hooked a try. 

Don't forget that RCCL will add 18% to the covers.

M

ps - we were happy to try Hooked because it is only on a  few ships, and Chops is on most RCCL ships.

The Chowder to go along with the crab cakes were very filling.  Also, had the surf & turf and asked my waiter if she could give me clam strips instead of a side.  After all of this food, I could not enjoy the dessert.:classic_biggrin:

Ps. Was a bit disappointed that Hooked had Oysters but no clams on the half shell--I love clams.