Westmark Hotel in Anchorage Any news on reopening?

MikeD4134

The last information I got was it will be open late April for the start of May Cruise season. We will staying there in July. Bigger problem a lot of the roads out of Anchorage are still closed from the earthquake damage. 

1 minute ago, SempreMare said:

@terrydtx Does that road damage change the path from Anchorage to Seward? 

I have no idea what road damage is being repaired first, but a lot of it could not be done during the winter months. After the earthquake there was major damage on the road and bridges  from Anchorage to Denali. 

1 hour ago, firecrewcapt said:

Our son lives in Anchorage and just told us the only road still closed is the one to Denali, it's closed every year for winter. He drives from Eagle River to Anchorage airport daily. Hope this helped.

I have a Nephew who lives just North of Eagle River and daily drives to his job in Anchorage.  Very soon after the earthquake, he said that road repairs were underway and most roads were open.  Fortunately, the asphalt plants had not closed for the Winter when the earthquake took place.  That helped in the road repair, significantly.

• Like 1

We live in Anchorage; life is very normal here. Roads are open, and most businesses are open. I haven’t heard the status of the Westmark in months, though. If it’s not open in time, they’ll put you in a different hotel. Frankly, the Westmark is the lowest quality of the cruise line used downtown hotels, so it won’t be a loss if they assign you a different hotel. Enjoy exploring Alaska!

• Like 1