Submitting a picture before you board

Never seen this before. 
Have done the online checkin and it did not ask for a pic

Do you have a passport # etc in your online docs and so on?

You have to produce a verifiable ID with pic--normally a passport

Edited by Fogfog

10 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

Never seen this before. 
Have done the online checkin and it did not ask for a pic

Do you have a passport # etc in your online docs and so on?

You have to produce a verifiable ID with pic--normally a passport

I'm old. I have many passport renewals under the belt.  It said "take a picture against a white background and submit. This will be your picture used for your entire cruise." It is to expediate check in at the pier. I laughed and told my husband that next thing we will be doing is rowing out to the ship to board,

I will do it if it causes problems at the pier.

Just now, Cruise it or lose it said:

I'm old. I have many passport renewals under the belt.  It said "take a picture against a white background and submit. This will be your picture used for your entire cruise." It is to expediate check in at the pier. I laughed and told my husband that next thing we will be doing is rowing out to the ship to board,

I will do it if it causes problems at the pier.

Interesting--as you are the first to mention it on the boards

I did our online checkin and nothing like that was requested

• Like 1

We also were requested for a photo for our cruise on Infinityin 3 weeks.   Was very easy to upload.   I've heard that if you don't upload you will have no problem and they will shoot your picture at checkin.    The pictures are being used for the new Facial Recognition embarkation/disembarkation and will ultimately speed up the process.

• Like 2

We sailed on Edge in February and it did ask us to upload a picture when we were completing the online portion. We did not and when we got to the person(no desk or long line just a person asking for paperwork) she snapped a picture and off we went.  Very fast and not an issue.  Do not bother yourself about submitting a picture.

• Like 3

Just now, dazey said:

We sailed on Edge in February and it did ask us to upload a picture when we were completing the online portion. We did not and when we got to the person(no desk or long line just a person asking for paperwork) she snapped a picture and off we went.  Very fast and not an issue.  Do not bother yourself about submitting a picture.

Thanks!

For our recent check in paperwork for the Edge we were asked to upload a picture which we did. However, at the terminal check in they told us it both of our pictures were not adequate so they snapped new ones which only took a few seconds.

• Like 1

Just got off Infinity today. As part of the online check in  process, I was given the option to upload a picture. I used the same picture from a RCCL cruise a couple of months ago. Royal had no issues with the picture. My appearance has not changed- no hair color or style change, etc. When I got to port check in, the lady who helped me said that my picture was not acceptable. She retook it. Took all of 30 seconds. Yes, they will take your picture and it will not slow you down.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, trivia addict said:

Trying to get my set sail pass for my Summit Cruise in May and that also asks to upload a picture.

Just returned from Infinity 3/9-3/16.U don't need to upload a picture during on-line check in.The person who checks u in takes your picture.

• Like 1

I you use the Celebrity App to complete check in, it DOES ask you to take a selfie using the app.  It's frankly a PITA and the app keeps crashing.  Another not ready for prime time idea from the crack Celebrity IT team. 

And, since the app doesn't do much of anything on the Millenium (texting between passengers doesn't work yet),  I don't think there's any point to having the app on my phone. 

Edited by jkgourmet

3 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

It is new. It’s been discussed many times on cruise critic. Perhaps you have missed it. It is not required. Just go on past that point when you do your online check-in

Is it new or has it been discussed many times...I did search it. And I did it again right now and my thread is the only one coming up that's even close.

They were doing it on the Edge last September. There are some screen shots in this thread. We used this for our Dec cruise and the app for our Jan cruise. We were about 50-50 on retaken photos when we boarded. The facial recognition did not like my DH's glasses. They just took a quick picture - about a 5 second delay (and it probably took me a half hour to get just the right selfie and and upload it). 😉

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

They were doing it on the Edge last September. There are some screen shots in this thread. We used this for our Dec cruise and the app for our Jan cruise. We were about 50-50 on retaken photos when we boarded. The facial recognition did not like my DH's glasses. They just took a quick picture - about a 5 second delay (and it probably took me a half hour to get just the right selfie and and upload it). 😉

Ty. I see your thread now.