LIVE From The Flower Power Cruise: Peace, Love & Rock & Roll On The Infinity

vtcruising

4 minutes ago, George C said:

Just checked 2020 no suites and no balconies left . 

Wow! They went fast, but with 1400 people on the list I suspect they will be gone by the end of the day. This is one cruise that I wouldn't hesitate to do without a balcony, if no choice - we used ours so little this last cruise. With 50 bands (supposedly), we will be living by the pool! 🙂

Edited by vtcruising

Last year they had some available within a couple of weeks Tuesday at 8 PM for the waitlist announcement, including S1 6145  - I didn't get to it on time. AQ popped up a few times as available on Tuesday nights, if you are on waitlist.

50 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

It is worth it for us, 

Thanks! This is what I was trying, rather ineffectually lol, to ask. Need more coffee! (I wanted to know if you would book Aqua again, on Infinity, despite any issues you had with Blu on your cruise.) We’ve been in Aqua once before, on Summit, deck 11, and we did think the Aqua concept had great merit (mostly for Blu) but we had significant issues with timely access to Blu on our cruise. DH loved the calm breakfasts, and we both appreciated the mostly great service & less hectic ambience at dinner. 

Edited by Silkroad
  • Like 1

I booked a cabin for FPC 2020!  So excited for our first FPC.  Got online at 0600 PST and was able to get 1143, an inside cabin on deck 11.  Our last cruise was on the Edge in Aqua & S3 so this will be quite the change.  But I figure it's only for a week, we're there for the music, and only one deck above the OVC and bar. It's an aft cabin below the Roof Top Terrace so don't know if there will be noise from above.  We'll have 17 days to recuperate and then we have a cruise booked in Aqua.  Hope to meet some of you on-board!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, first mate said:

I booked a cabin for FPC 2020!  So excited for our first FPC.  Got online at 0600 PST and was able to get 1143, an inside cabin on deck 11.  Our last cruise was on the Edge in Aqua & S3 so this will be quite the change.  But I figure it's only for a week, we're there for the music, and only one deck above the OVC and bar. It's an aft cabin below the Roof Top Terrace so don't know if there will be noise from above.  We'll have 17 days to recuperate and then we have a cruise booked in Aqua.  Hope to meet some of you on-board!

Yay! Congrats!!🙂

Like I said, I would have taken any cabin to be onboard. You can still be on the weekly wait list to upgrade , if available.

I did start a roll call so we have a year to plan!!

We were lucky enough to get a balcony cabin for next year (our first FPC) by logging in right at 9 a.m. today.  I read on this thread that the usual Elite perks like the happy hour drinks, etc. do not apply since it is a charter.  Does anyone know if any of the Elite perks apply - for instance the 90 minutes of internet or the bag of laundry?

Really looking forward to this cruise especially after reading this thread!!!

• Like 1

Just now, tandtiff said:

We were lucky enough to get a balcony cabin for next year (our first FPC) by logging in right at 9 a.m. today.  I read on this thread that the usual Elite perks like the happy hour drinks, etc. do not apply since it is a charter.  Does anyone know if any of the Elite perks apply - for instance the 90 minutes of internet or the bag of laundry?

Really looking forward to this cruise especially after reading this thread!!!

I was able to purchase an internet package using my Elite Plus discount ahead of time, but once onboard there are no CC perks (except embarkation lines - it did have my level on my SeaPass card for some reason). You do get CC points for the cruise. We were dirty hippies and didn't do laundry. 😉

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, first mate said:

Great, I'll sign up for the roll call.  They asked what size tee-shirt we wanted...do they run true to size or big? 

They are 100% cotton but didn't shrink much - true to size (unisex).

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Vt & George, do you use StarVista's travel protection, or another travel insurance? Are you able to choose your show "group" (early or late)? Thanks😎

We always get their insurance - it is pricey but I haven't compared.  Early on you can choose Gold or Silver, but I think by the end, you have to take what is left. Being an older crowd, my guess is that the Gold (early show/late dining) is the last to go, but not sure.

Edited by vtcruising

10 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

We always get their insurance - it is pricey but I haven't compared.  Early on you can choose Gold or Silver, but I think by the end, you have to take what is left. Being an older crowd, my guess is that the Gold (early show/late dining) is the last to go, but not sure.

Thanks! I think we’d prefer the Gold. 

Edited by Silkroad

14 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Vt & George, do you use StarVista's travel protection, or another travel insurance? Are you able to choose your show "group" (early or late)? Thanks😎

When I booked this morning, the only choice I had was Early show/Late dining.