NOT MUCH LONGER............COLORS........

Lois R

Lois, layers are your friend. Many of the European airlines will not let you board with an overweight carryon...it isn’t a matter of paying a bit extra. Wear your heaviest stuff on the plane!

2 hours ago, Hoyaheel said:

Sometimes it's not a question of just paying more - we've had to unload carry-on bags into checked luggage when overweight. So make sure you read the fine print to see if the weight limit is a HARD limit or if you can just pay more for more weight.....

Ok....trying to understand...what if just check both bags? I really don't care...….I am taking an hour flight

from Barcelona to Lisbon---then at the end of the cruise....flying from Porto to Madrid....I don't want to

be unloading at the terminal. So would I be better off checking both bags? Or just pay for the excessive weight?

If it is excessive***,.someone mentioned wearing my heaviest clothing? Not really bringing what I consider

"heavy clothing".

• Like 1

It really depends on the specifics of your airline - it might be easiest to check 2 bags and just carry on a purse. [if it's a super low cost carrier, I'm not sure checking 2 bags is possible? I haven't flown any but I've read some pretty scary reviews] Most of the legacy airlines should let you check 2 bags, even if it means paying more. 

[our specific problem was that it was expensive camera gear that was heavy - stuff we did NOT want to check!!! We were trying to be creative and adjust what we could between the two of us and checked bags so we could still carry on the camera stuff. So if you're just talking about clothing and regular stuff you don't mind checking, lean that way ;-)]

Hi again…….it is TAP...… I will check their website and if need be, will give them a call.

Oh, it is all just clothes...…..no cameras or better things like that.

• Like 1

TAP baggage allowances internal and within Europe are 1 x checked bag 23kg and 1 x carry on x 8kg

excess can be paid but it's expensive €40 for overweight and €55 for oversized hth 

You get a slightly larger allowance if flying their executive class. 

Edited by 2BACRUISER
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, 2BACRUISER said:

TAP baggage allowances internal and within Europe are 1 x checked bag 23kg and 1 x carry on x 8kg

excess can be paid but it's expensive €40 for overweight and €55 for oversized hth 

You get a slightly larger allowance if flying their executive class. 

Hi, thanks.....I should not exceed the 23kg on the checked bag. And on the smaller? I can work with it:classic_smile:

But if it happens? I just have a mindset on this trip and have extra $$$$ put into it so if by chance I need

to pay extra? I will do it.

• Like 2