NOT MUCH LONGER............COLORS........

Lois R

:classic_biggrin: Hi folks, well, April is on Monday!  And I leave the following week (APRIL 9)……..so not too much longer. I am now thinking about colors...…...I am a purple gal and actually have lots of shades of it...light (lavenders) medium...….and DEEP purple too.  So, do you do a color pallet for your sailings?  Yes, I probably have 10 different BLACK pants in my closet too......styles, textures, etc all varied but I do love color!  I am going to see BEAUTIFUL on Broadway pre-cruise and I have a pair of "Earl" jeans, anyone know that brand? Mine are black with some small embellishments on the upper right thigh and the same on the lower left outside leg...they are really nice. And I have a beautiful deep purple top I was planning to wear. I need to check the weather before I start to pack......it is lightweight in texture and want to make sure I will be warm enough (although it is long sleeves).   I have several tops I am planning to bring that have lovely prints...….some in purples, others in blues, and you know how many shades of blue there are LOL...…...anyway, just thought I would throw the color question out there!

• Like 1

We leave for FL on 10 April. My color palette is black, white & cobalt blue. Taking carryon only. Everything goes together. I almost always use a color palette. Normally black/white & either turquoise or hot pink. I’m changing it up this time with the cobalt (or electric) blue. Have a fun trip Lois 

I stick mostly to neutrals (currently my favorites are black and ivory/beige) and then decide what jewelry I want to take, which then tells me what one or two other colours I should bring along.  Last cruise it was black, white, beige, and powder blue.

• Like 1

Hi Lois, bet you can’t wait for your first Azamara cruise. Yes, I do figure out a color palet but I almost always travel with just a carry on so will do black or navy bottoms and concentrate my color on the top.  Since I only do carry on I try and take tops that don’t take up a lot of space. We rarely travel to hot climates so my color pallet works well for me.   Our last trip was in Jan-Feb and I took a purple fleece zip up jacket (Talbots) and took tops that went with it. One was multi colors and the rest were solid colors incl gray and black. Then I took a very colorful scarf to accent. We weren’t on a cruise so didn’t need anything formal. We did attend a theater performance and I wore black, the purple fleece jacket and my colorful scarf under my coat. Of course it was 20 degrees out and we walked the 4 blocks to the theater so mostly I was bundled up as was everyone else😱.

i think that wearing what you love just makes the trip that much more enjoyable. Have a great time and please come back and tell us how it all went especially your time in Charleston.

Sharon

Yes, I always pack by color palette. In the winter, it's usually black and red or maroon. Sometimes just black with scarves 😉 In summer/warm weather travel, it's usually black/white/cobalt/turquoise.  I don't wear khaki, olive or navy as much in the past ~10 years, though I just got a new pair of Eileen Fisher crepe ankle pants in navy (BIG sale, Nordstrom Rack) so I'll wear them for work. I won't plan a packing palette around navy yet as I don't have the right shoes. I have metallic options, I suppose, but I often feel weird wearing a shoe lighter than my hemline....

I think your purples will be lovely. Lighter purples might be better with less contrast than black?

I'm starting to do some "pre-packing" for our upcoming cruise.  Taking my usual black, gray, with some blues... with a few taupe or beige colors too.   I'm trying to convince myself to buy a colorful crossbody bag like Lois had in her purse thread...  but knowing me I'll probably end up with black or grey. :classic_smile:

I typically choose navy blue and taupe, with pops of whatever color is my current favorite, or black and taupe. But this summer I’m changing it up and using only black for my base color, because I am bringing a variety of tops to acommodate  my varied activities and the weather. I’m like you....I am bringing 4 very different black pants, but they will all go with all the tops, so I have more options. 

I feel like having many different styled tops (styles, patterns, colors) will serve me better than varied bottom colors. 

I think black with varied purples (maybe add in some teal as well?) would be very pretty!

16 minutes ago, PandaBear62 said:

I typically choose navy blue and taupe, with pops of whatever color is my current favorite, or black and taupe. But this summer I’m changing it up and using only black for my base color, because I am bringing a variety of tops to acommodate  my varied activities and the weather. I’m like you....I am bringing 4 very different black pants, but they will all go with all the tops, so I have more options. 

I feel like having many different styled tops (styles, patterns, colors) will serve me better than varied bottom colors. 

I think black with varied purples (maybe add in some teal as well?) would be very pretty!

Hi:classic_smile:, I agree, teal and black go really well together!  I am not sure how many pair of pants I am packing yet. Probably 3 or 4 black ones as well but I have a really nice pair of deep purple slacks that can be dressed up and those are going with me for sure. 

When are you cruising?  I have 10 more days to wait.  It is now Sunday and will probably get my packing done next Sunday:classic_smile:

My colors are a basic black and white with some color for pop. Sometimes coral but more often turquoise.  I only pack a pair  (sometimes two) of black slacks and white slacks. Often I add a long black skirt. 

Lois -Enjoy Beaitiful. We saw it last year and loved every minute. 

M

On 3/31/2019 at 10:01 AM, Lois R said:

Hi:classic_smile:, I agree, teal and black go really well together!  I am not sure how many pair of pants I am packing yet. Probably 3 or 4 black ones as well but I have a really nice pair of deep purple slacks that can be dressed up and those are going with me for sure. 

When are you cruising?  I have 10 more days to wait.  It is now Sunday and will probably get my packing done next Sunday:classic_smile:

An Alaskan cruise in June and a Norwegian Fjords cruise in July. I'm already working on my packing list!

We sail 7nt Med Cruise 6wks tomorrow so have been having a major holiday wardrobe cull (mainly skimpy, short stuff that  no longer suits me offloaded to my sister & niece mostly).

I am going with a Navy and white palette with varying hints of pink. I bought some new navy blue linen trousers(pants)and i already have some white canvas jeggings. The only other thing is a LBD which will do for formal. I will also take a couple of pashminas which double up for evening wraps, sea day coverup, cool mornings and evenings.

My big problem has always been footwear but i intend to be brutal with myself and i will travel in my Sketchers (use them on port days too), low wedge spangly sandals for evening, flip-flops & poss another pair flat sandals. 

DH is the worst ever, i ask him to put out what he wants to take then i halve it as we're limited to 20kg (44lb) each. :classic_unsure: 

No doubt in the next few weeks i will make some adjustments..................................😄

7 hours ago, PandaBear62 said:

An Alaskan cruise in June and a Norwegian Fjords cruise in July. I'm already working on my packing list!

Layering is best for Alaska.  Have a great cruise!:classic_smile:

6 hours ago, 2BACRUISER said:

Yes Naples Sicily Venice and Ancona plus Croatia. Super excited. 😁🛳🍾

Sounds fantastic:classic_biggrin:......I have never been to Ancona......and as for Croatia, specifically, Dubrovnik? I was there last summer......l loved it:classic_smile:

• Like 2

Good morning...…….Hi Sharon, thanks:classic_biggrin:...back in the day I would count how many sleeps were left before leaving......so today is Saturday...….so Sat night, Sun night and Monday night:classic_smile:

• Like 1

Thanks to all of you for the good wishes. I did not get any packing done today.  Will do it tomorrow...…..I had to run some errands and ended up getting a really nice cardigan, on the long side, very, very soft in  blue with flecks of color running throughout.

You know I am going to NYC and this will work well for me....it was on CLEARANCE at Stein Mart:classic_biggrin:

Sunday morning is laundry for me (not fun) but I will do that  tomorrow and then take some time to pack. I have things laid out on the bed (in the 2nd bedroom) and other things hanging in the closest. I need to

decide what to bring!  I have a lot of pants hanging...…….not sure if I am bringing them all or not.

• Like 1

Lois, have a wonderful Azamara cruise! I always enjoyed reading your reviews and seeing your pictures when you were mostly

cruising Celebrity. May I ask you, what are you taking in the way of luggage? You always look so well put-together that I

presume you spend a good amount of time planning what you will take.

4 hours ago, blythe said:

Lois, have a wonderful Azamara cruise! I always enjoyed reading your reviews and seeing your pictures when you were mostly

cruising Celebrity. May I ask you, what are you taking in the way of luggage? You always look so well put-together that I

presume you spend a good amount of time planning what you will take.

Hi, thanks for the compliment.:classic_smile:   I actually don't spend a lot of time planning.  I know partially what I am taking yes, but I packed today and for some reason was not very focused LOL......the weather on this trip is funky...…..Cold in New York, warm in Charleston and medium in Bermuda..... I think over packed but everything is in now.  ( I had gone back on forth on the items things morning several times and than doesn't usually happen).

As for luggage? I am bringing the same amount as I have always brought with me.  I bring one checked bag and 1 carry on.