NOT MUCH LONGER............COLORS........

Lois R

Hi Lois -- bon voyage!  I am curious to hear how you like Azamara. I enjoyed my November cruise on Journey (to Cuba) very much and am looking for other opportunites but already have all my available vacation time booked from now through 2020. 🤣

Hi Cynthia, thanks so much:classic_smile:.  I have NOTHING booked after this one!...….I keep looking at different things but haven't even put a deposit down on anything!

Well, down to 2 days!...actually 1 for leaving.  I have to work today:classic_wacko:.....tomorrow morning I  fly out and Wednesday is cruise day:classic_biggrin:

Talk about weather differences.  It is supposed to reach 80 here today and on Wednesday in NYC it is supposed to be about 55!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

But today   it   will   be   in   the   mid seventies! Prepare   for crazy   changes......

Hi, are you in New York?

3 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Yes, Yonkers   is   right   at   the Bronx  border. Can  I  help  you  with   anything? You   must   be   so   excited   about   your   trip!

Hi, oh I missed that when I was typing today on my phone...….I see Yonkers in your signature now on my laptop:classic_biggrin:

Many years ago I was born in Rockland County.  I am packing for cool weather and some stuff for warm too. (Cruise is to Bermuda and Charleston).  I am wearing jeans, a long sleeved Henley and taking a cardigan for the plane.

• 8 months later...

I choose a color palette and stick to it so things mix and match - two neutrals and an accent color (Black/white/red; navy/ khaki/turquoise, etc). Bottom are neutral solids; T-shirts/tanks are solids in neutrals or  accent color;  and other tops, scarves are the accent color  or a print that is a combination of the colors. Depending on weather, sweater or jacket in one of the neutrals.  Elegant evenings, do top and slacks or skirt in the  darker neutral and dress the outfit up with jewelry and wrap. You can also wear that same outfit with more casual accessories another night. Shoes are easy to match  with the three -color palette too. I usually can get my with a strappy sandal or cute flat in the  darker neutral, a more casual sandal in one of the neutrals, and flip flops in any of the colors ( of course your exact choices may differ with activities).

Good morning....wow, this thread is 8 months old....I sailed on this cruise back in April....the year is gone now.....

next cruise up is on Jan 16th---going to the Caribbean and it will be the first retirement celebration cruise:classic_biggrin:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

How was your first Azamara cruise? Did you feel happy with your wardrobe selections?

Hi, the cruise overall was fine---stops in Bermuda and Charleston....love both of those places:classic_biggrin: but  I was not

overly impressed with Azamara.  I had multiple issues on the cruise and did not disembark thinking about booking

something else with them.

I can't remember my wardrobe LOL...….

• Thanks 1

On 12/29/2019 at 5:11 PM, Lois R said:

Hi, the cruise overall was fine---stops in Bermuda and Charleston....love both of those places:classic_biggrin: but  I was not

overly impressed with Azamara.  I had multiple issues on the cruise and did not disembark thinking about booking

something else with them.

I can't remember my wardrobe LOL...….

Lois, did you do a review anywhere on your Azamara experience?  I’d love to read it if you can point me to the right spot.  If not, what were the parts that made you unimpressed/not eager to book them again?

1 hour ago, aungrl said:

Lois, did you do a review anywhere on your Azamara experience?  I’d love to read it if you can point me to the right spot.  If not, what were the parts that made you unimpressed/not eager to book them again?

Hi, I did not post a review.    I had several issues----the food did not impress me, the service was so-so and

it started the first night when my a/c broke in the middle of the night in the cabin (and I had upgraded to a suite)

it took them all night to fix it---I moved to another cabin to sleep and ended up getting sick.   Yes, they fixed

it.    But now it has been 8 months since I sailed with them and haven't given them a thought to book with them

again.  I can't remember specifics (except the cabin fiasco) but just overall, It wasn't anything "I loved".

• Thanks 1

Thanks, Lois, appreciate the color.  Azamara isn’t a line we’ve ever thought much about, but I’ve heard several comments that are similar to yours in the past couple of years, but not necessarily from experienced cruisers.  So your perspective is really helpful.  BTW, I saw on a different thread your note about upcoming radiation - all the best with that as you go through it!

33 minutes ago, aungrl said:

Thanks, Lois, appreciate the color.  Azamara isn’t a line we’ve ever thought much about, but I’ve heard several comments that are similar to yours in the past couple of years, but not necessarily from experienced cruisers.  So your perspective is really helpful.  BTW, I saw on a different thread your note about upcoming radiation - all the best with that as you go through it!

Thank you so much:classic_smile:, I appreciate the thoughts.   As for the cruise, remember, the "loyal folks" over the Azamara

forum will tell you it is all wonderful so this is just from my experience.

• Like 1

I really enjoyed our Azamara cruise (2016, SIN-HKG) but we have really loved the small R class ships. That said - haven't seriously looked at booking anything on them since, either. They really ratcheted up their prices and I don't think they're worth it for what they're asking. They've decided the current niche they're after is land experiences - spending more time in one spot etc. And we did find the couple of land experiences they provided (Azamazing evening in Vietnam) to be quite enjoyable. 

Hi girls, well, I am cruising next week:classic_biggrin: my first cruise POST retirement:classic_smile:....it is a Thursday to Thursday itinerary

and so I am flying to Ft. Lauderdale on Wednesday to have 1 night pre-cruise. This may sound odd but I have not

sailed to the Caribbean in probably 4/5 years so looking forward to it actually---just really looking forward to a total

R&R cruise:classic_biggrin:

Color scheme on this one? LOL...going bland on the bottoms....multiple black pants but I am bringing

some colorful tops.  Actually 2 of the pants are 1) black and white--sort of paisley print look and the other

has a colorful panel going down the outside seam...(on black).  The others are solids.

• Like 4

That sounds good! I'm thinking of black leggings and a couple print ones that have black in them, with a Magellan SPF topper (also black, which I thought was odd, but the price was right on eBay!) over various colored thin tees and blouses, for our two week trip to So.America. In 13-days. It's their summer, of course, but I figure if my tops are bright and perky I won't seem too dreary.

I was checking the weather in South Florida for 10 days to 2 weeks out......in the low 80s and rainy....typical

Ft. Lauderdale weather:classic_rolleyes:......rains for an hour and then passes.....….but once we sail,

it will be the Caribbean:classic_biggrin:

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

Hi Lois and bon voyage!  What ship are you on?

Sailing on Silversea---ship is "THE WIND"...….only holds about 300 passengers:classic_smile: