Oasis incident at Freeport Shipyard

Agreed, but how many years ago was that? How many ships in there since last time? How much weight lifted over and over on an antique structure?

im not disputing they may well have lifted it the same amount. I’m saying to me it’s clear they put more weight that the dock bottom could cope with down the centre of it 

• Like 1

Just now, Beachammo said:

5pm.....

RCI has no idea what is going on. One rep said they would post an announcement, another rep said they would email people and another rep said "We haven't made any changes, we will let you know if we do". 

1 minute ago, ezelaya said:

RCI has no idea what is going on. One rep said they would post an announcement, another rep said they would email people and another rep said "We haven't made any changes, we will let you know if we do". 

When I called I was told "all we know right now is that a crane fell on the boat, and as far as we can see the cruise is still on. More announcements will come later today"

7 minutes ago, Pratique said:

Could they even drop the dock in this condition? Won't they need to pick the cranes off first so they don't shift around and do even more damage?

I don't know anything about putting a ship in dry dock but I can't imagine a scenario where they move anything around until they are sure everything else is secured so there is no further damage.

11 minutes ago, Pratique said:

Could they even drop the dock in this condition? Won't they need to pick the cranes off first so they don't shift around and do even more damage?

I don't see why not.  After removing the toppled crane, they could slowly flood the port side of the dock and watch the angle of heel.

56 minutes ago, scooby1 said:

Its the cofferdam, its shown in the pics I posted earlier showing that is all underwater. 

And that's the bit we can't see. Damage at the top in the Aqua theatre isn't great but isn't a quick fix to remove seeing as though the cranes are listing with the dock itself at the moment and would need to be re-floated and hopefully the other cranes leaning against the ship are fine. We are on it at the end of May and was looking forward to the climbing walls and Aqua as something new for the kids to see. 

But underwater there could be damage to the azipods with the coffer hitting them and that would be really bad news. Hopefully that isn't the case and everyone with up and coming cruises can relax but anything in the next week is very unlikely I'd expect. 

Is that what you did in your experience with a crane falling on a large cruise ship?

Thanks.

• Haha 1

These pics looks like there is more damage than we thought!

Thank God no one was seriously or fatally injured. Now our thoughts go out to those who were planning to sail on her this Sunday and the following Sunday. Please let us know as soon as you hear from RC:)

3 minutes ago, bajathree said:

Just came across these....don't think I have seen them posted.

Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 5.11.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 5.12.12 PM.png

Well, other than a giant crane in the middle of the AquaTheater and some rail/balcony damage, that isn't bad. The real question is the Azipod. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fairsky84 said:

Glad no one was seriously hurt. We’ll be lucky if the only damage was to the Aqua Theater and nearby decks. I fear there may be much more serious damage elsewhere and unseen.

Good point...especially when you see the pics of her slanted:(

Edited by ptf2009
spelling

2 minutes ago, ezelaya said:

Well, other than a giant crane in the middle of the AquaTheater and some rail/balcony damage, that isn't bad. The real question is the Azipod. 

Don’t forget about the dry dock itself. If that is significantly damaged it could be a very big problem getting Oasis repaired.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ezelaya said:

I have seen the shows and I don't care for them. 

You really don’t like the water shows?  Wow!  Those and the skating ones are my favorite.  Which ones do you like?  I’m not judging, or trying to pick a fight, I’m honestly curious 🙂

our favorite aqua theater show so far is Aqua Nation

I have e Facebook message from royal carribean

stating that a dedicated team are being put together and that I’ll

be called today by them

about the upcoming cruise on Sunday . Due to the time in the uk being 22:25 now it’s highly unlikely I’ll get called I don’t think anyone knows what’s going on 

im

pretty sure the cruise will be cancelled and they all just trying to get a team together to inform people and to let them know what they’ll offer us !!