Exclusive gift for return Windstar clients?

petenmarion

I was actually refused the 5% discount because the rate I found after shopping around was too good. But I did dine with the Hotel Manager once on one night of my back to back... one of the best "Captain's Table" experiences we have ever had (and we usually always get one on whichever cruise line we use... so we have quite a number to compare.

We always get the Alumni Discount and also schedule our next booking to get the "recently cruiser" discount as well. I think we used to do it while still on board, but the rules seem to have changed to "within 60 days after the crusie" so our travel agent is armed and ready to pull the switch.

We get the stupid little bags that we have so many of we just leave them behind.

Also the rose and a plate of fruit that just seems redundant.

Captains table and of late we've also been getting a First Officer night. We're departing on a b2b soon, and we'll see what that brings.

But the best part is when we get hugs from the crew members we know so well from previous itins. Always a little treat to see a smiling face.

Edited by milepig
  • Like 2

Never knew that there was a return guest gift. Never got anything. I like the discount on cruise fares.  I would appreciate some onboard amenities in addition to the return guest party. The best return guest amenities that I have received on other lines are free internet, extra OBC, included gratuities, beverages, ,hats, complimentary laundry, and a shore excursion.  I have also been given souvenir glasses,flowers, wine, candy, mugs, bags, and pins.  I appreciate all of the added items.  My favorite amenity is free WiFi and OBC.

The bag?  Got a bag on every Windstar cruise. Not all the same. as I have taken more Windstar Cruises, the bags have dropped the Windstar logo. Last cruise, I got a plain beige fabric bag with no logo.  I don’t think that the bag is a gift only for repeat guests.

There were different bags for return guests and new guests.  And, the quality has certainly gone downhil over the years, and it's no big deal anyway.

I don't know of any other gift you get.  An invitation to the alumni cocktail party?  I've been on at least one cruise where this was opened to all the passengers.  I can't say dinner with the Captain or officers, because I've been on at least ten Windstar cruises, starting in 1988.  Had dinner with an officer many years ago (can't remember which one) and dinner with the Captain on a Greek cruise last summer, that's it.  Alumni discount?  

I've never received a cabin "upgrade" (unless it was in response to a price drop),or any other alumnni "perks."

2 hours ago, 6rugrats said:

No, all the ships have them.  You should have received one.

The current bags are are cheap flimsy tote bag that you may have not noticed. We use them for carrying stuff to the beach while on board and then leave them behind. Hardly memorable!

I have several cruise bags.  Some say Windstar. Some are plain open bag. Not really anything that I would use.  Maybe there is no gift.  I really miss the complimentary event.  Some of my favorite memories are those events. Each one was fabulous. please bring them back. 

• Like 1

I also miss the complimentary events why they do not have them anymore who knows, more fuss should be about that than the silly gift bags. I never though a gift bag would cause controversy. Happy sailing.

19 hours ago, milepig said:

The current bags are are cheap flimsy tote bag that you may have not noticed. We use them for carrying stuff to the beach while on board and then leave them behind. Hardly memorable!

I agree, I found one yesterday that I got on the Legend last December.   Same as the one posted by Ridethetide.

Windstar bag.JPG

Edited by 6rugrats

• 2 months later...
On 4/2/2019 at 11:02 AM, petenmarion said:

Not a real big deal - but exactly what is the gift for returning cruisers on Windstar? I never thought about it but after 8 segments with them, I've yet to identify what I might have gotten.

All we received was a beach tote as well. Sometimes if you book through a travel agent they will have a bottle of wine in your stateroom.

On 4/2/2019 at 12:11 PM, new_cruiser said:

The only thing I know of is the beach bag.

Beach bag. Welcome home credit if you book within 60 days and a yacht club discount.

On 4/6/2019 at 10:15 PM, Strenz said:

I also miss the complimentary events why they do not have them anymore who knows, more fuss should be about that than the silly gift bags. I never though a gift bag would cause controversy. Happy sailing.

We have a supply of various bags, mostly canvas. I liked the one made of recycled plastic that is light as a feather and use them a lot. We loved the private events but I imagine they were crazy expensive. Our Greek cruise this month will include dinner in Ephesus at the Celsius Library.  That should be spectacular.  

18 hours ago, sb44 said:

We have a supply of various bags, mostly canvas. I liked the one made of recycled plastic that is light as a feather and use them a lot. We loved the private events but I imagine they were crazy expensive. Our Greek cruise this month will include dinner in Ephesus at the Celsius Library.  That should be spectacular.  

Just a word of advice. I hope you are planning to visit Ephesus during the day as well to get a comprehensive tour of the ruins, terrace houses, library etc. If you only do the dinner at night it will be regimented and limited though it is a wonderful experience.