Flowers on Coral Princess

Lov1ngLife

Will be on the Coral Princess, Alaska, mid June. We’ve never cruised before.
Should I pre-order flowers and surprise my better half or wait and have her purchase onboard.
All suggestions and recommendations are welcome.

Yes pre order. It is always nice when you walk and find them sitting there. It's been my experience they are usually in your cabin when you first go to it. I think once they showed up a little later in the day. But they have always been beautiful arrangements and smelled heavenly.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TravelingEA said:

Where are you cruising from? We have purchased flowers at Pike Place Market in Seattle and taken aboard. About $5-10 per bouquet. The steward found a vase for us.

It is Vancouver or Whittier. They don't want to take flowers across the boarder.

The flowers on the ship are beautiful and a decent price.

I should have said I’ve already preordered.

Knowing that she would LOVE the colors I preordered the “Mixed Tropical Arrangement”  around three months ago.
Not thinking (Yes, I’m dense at times) I didn’t realize there could be other options to have flowers in the room.
Over the weekend did a search on CruiseCritic’s forum and found several options. One being to have her choose an arrangement onboard. I’m also having second thoughts about buying a “tropical” arrangement local to Vancouver. I know little to nothing about flowers that are local to different regions of the world or available to Princess.
A relative will be driving us across the boarder to Vancouver the morning of the cruise otherwise buying in Bellingham would have been an option.
I was mostly wondering what would be available to purchase onboard that could not be preordered. We’ll also have flowers from the Ultimate Balcony Dinner on the second day of the cruise.
Looking at the Assorted Lilly Arrangement too.
From the early replies I’ll probably stay with my original choice. 
None weeks to decide. 🤔

Edited by Lov1ngLife

Flowers are a wonderful way to start off a cruise, but remember, once you've done it, you have a reputation to upkeep....they'll have to be there for every cruise. It's a duty I happily fulfill, as it brings a great smile to my wife's face.

It will be a nice surprise for her.....at least the first time.

My wife still acts surprised even though I'm sure she can see the order in the personalizer or travel summary documents.

7 hours ago, paul929207 said:

I would pre-order so they are waiting when you board.

That is what I did.

If there is a special day while you are sailing, when you purchase the flowers, they do give you a delivery day option.

5 hours ago, Lov1ngLife said:

I should have said I’ve already preordered.

Knowing that she would LOVE the colors I preordered the “Mixed Tropical Arrangement”  around three months ago.
Not thinking (Yes, I’m dense at times) I didn’t realize there could be other options to have flowers in the room.
Over the weekend did a search on CruiseCritic’s forum and found several options. One being to have her choose an arrangement onboard. I’m also having second thoughts about buying a “tropical” arrangement local to Vancouver. I know little to nothing about flowers that are local to different regions of the world or available to Princess.
A relative will be driving us across the boarder to Vancouver the morning of the cruise otherwise buying in Bellingham would have been an option.
I was mostly wondering what would be available to purchase onboard that could not be preordered. We’ll also have flowers from the Ultimate Balcony Dinner on the second day of the cruise.
Looking at the Assorted Lilly Arrangement too.
From the early replies I’ll probably stay with my original choice. 
None weeks to decide. 🤔

Typically the flowers for the UBD are roses. We got 6 the last time. Picture is of the roses 6 days later.

20181118_084800.jpg

Pre-order your flowers.  They are pre-arraigned from florists on land and delivered to the ship.  They have a greater selection and are so fresh.  DH always gets me an arraingement, and the ones I got last time, lasted the whole 21 days (w a little plucking and placing).  Still so fresh I could have taken them w me (but as we know, that’s a No No)!

Plus, they are half the cost of RC’s flower bouquets and twice as big!!