Bumpiing Tours recently?

Bahama Mama 40

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/24/2019 at 3:21 AM, roomba920 said:

I've been playing email tag with him all week. He's slow to reply back. I said yes to his tour and then asked what time we meet up, and he went silent.

That has been our experience with everyone we have contacted in Dominica. We contacted 4 different, highly reviewed/rated, tour guides and it has been such a challenge to get a response from them and when they do answer, they don't address most of your questions. We haven't experienced this issue on any other island that we have visited. We finally found one that was fairly responsive and confirmed with him.  

• 3 weeks later...

I have had great response rate from Levi. We are booked with him in October. The communications with him answering my many questions has been really informative. My only guess on the delay is this is the slow tourism season and maybe he was taking a break. We are excited to spend the day with him!

I talked to Levi right after the hurricane he was still in shock, toured with him several times, he's not only a lot of fun he's my friend. At that time I was planning a cruise that included Dominica, he told me not to come to the island it was devastated, so I didn't. Really glad to hear he's back giving great tours again. Swimming in the Emerald Pool was one of the highlights of my vacation. For those of you who booked tours with him, your in for a very memorable day. Take care Todd

• 1 month later...

Can anyone give me an idea of what these tours cost? We are 3 couples in our late 50's-70 looking for a way to see the island that is not too hiking intensive. Which tour that he does do those of you who have done them recommend? 

On 10/15/2019 at 1:20 AM, udamom said:

Can anyone give me an idea of what these tours cost? We are 3 couples in our late 50's-70 looking for a way to see the island that is not too hiking intensive. Which tour that he does do those of you who have done them recommend? 

Tour Cost-$80(US) per person I give him $100 for everything 

I'm  a very young 57, I can't imagine going to Dominica and not touring with Levi. 

Your going to have a blast. Later Todd

If you book with him tell him Todd say's hello he's my friend. 😊

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

We’re friends of Levi’s, as well, and keep in touch with him. We were last supposed to see him in winter 2017, but due to the hurricane that was cancelled.  Recovery has taken time, and has had a lot of impact. We’ll be seeing him in about 6 weeks and are very excited.  We’ve been on a lot of his tours and there are certainly ones 50-70somes can do. We’re a group of late 50’s to mid 70’s, and are going to Kalinago territory with him this time. Cost is $70 per person, plus $10 to go into the replica village, if we want to.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We just had a terrific day with Levi on January 2nd.

We did Champagne reef, Ti Tou gorge, Trafalgar Falls and then some.

Tour was done exceptionally well and everybody had a great time.

It was one of the best tours in Caribbeans for us.

Edited by Tatka
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/18/2022 at 5:18 PM, jan54 said:

Is Bumpiing tours with Levi still around?

I'm trying to spend the day with Levi again on my next cruise, it's some time off. With that being said I'm going to try and get in touch with him and see what's up for his rainforest tour. 

I'll post here what I find out.  

Looking forward to getting back down to the island. 

Just now, TTEllis said:

I'm trying to spend the day with Levi again on my next cruise, it's some time off. With that being said I'm going to try and get in touch with him and see what's up for his rainforest tour. 

I'll post here what I find out.  

Looking forward to getting back down to the island. 

BTW it may be a couple of weeks until I find out something, No worries.  😉

• 3 months later...
On 5/29/2022 at 3:16 PM, TTEllis said:

BTW it may be a couple of weeks until I find out something, No worries.  😉

I sent him an email for our cruise in 2023 and the email address bounced back.  
Did you find anything out @TTEllis.  Or does anyone know of a private driver?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/18/2022 at 2:28 PM, Super Curly said:

I think maybe he is working for Shore Excursions Group. There is a tour that sounds like his and reviewers refer to their great tour guide, Levi. I am going to try to book that tour for this December.

How did your tour go? Was it Levi from bumpiing tours? Hope he is still doing tours. Over 20 cruises and we still refer to this as one of our best excursions ever. We are heading back to Dominica in Feb 2024, I wonder how they recovered from hurricane Maria

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/11/2023 at 4:53 AM, tartanexile81 said:

Bumpiing Tours has permanently closed sadly.

You gotta be kidding me!! I'll text Levi tonight. How sad I was with Levi 3 time's his tour is the premier tour in all the southern Caribbean. No ships are going to Dominica anymore. I'm trying to find one for this fall I don't see Dominica on anything.  Thank you for this information. 

On 6/20/2023 at 8:00 PM, TTEllis said:

You gotta be kidding me!! I'll text Levi tonight. How sad I was with Levi 3 time's his tour is the premier tour in all the southern Caribbean. No ships are going to Dominica anymore. I'm trying to find one for this fall I don't see Dominica on anything.  Thank you for this information. 

Did you message him? I've toured with him 3 times too and thought he was fantastic. 

UK ships still visit Dominica. They tend to visit islands with historical links to the UK and more in the Eastern Caribbean which are on the whole less developed / Americanised

Edited by tartanexile81

2 hours ago, tartanexile81 said:

Did you message him? I've toured with him 3 times too and thought he was fantastic. 

UK ships still visit Dominica. They tend to visit islands with historical links to the UK and more in the Eastern Caribbean which are on the whole less developed / Americanised

I have not text Levi. Until I know I'm going back to the island I may not. I haven't seen Dominica on any Princess itineraries in years. It's very unfortunate for everyone. 

Poor Levi, I hope he's doing OK. 

Obviously he knows alot of the lines have all but eliminated Dominica as a destination. I'm thinking he may be working for someone else in some capacity. Levi is a special dude.  I miss him terribly.  Thank you Todd