Advice needed. Southampton --> Heathrow via stonehendge

I'm going on a 14-d mediterranean cruise out of Southampton on June. Royal Caribbean offers a transfer to Heathrow + stonehendge tour at the end of my cruise in June. My international flight (to USA) leaves at 4:40pm. According to the RC rep I talked with the excursion timeline is "7:30am to arriving in Heathrow at 1:45pm". From what I gather it is recommended to be at Heathrow 3 hours prior to flight time for international flights. My thoughts are this might be too risky, what do others think? Alternatively does anyone have any suggestions for any companies that might provide a similar transfer + tour but arrive sooner? If my research I've found transfer/tour combos but they tend to include other stops and arrive later (4-5pm). Thank you!

We had a transfer/tour to Windsor that ended up being cancelled, while on board so not able to book something else so not sure you can depend on them if you want to go to Stonehenge.   Would look for a private company,  maybe a car service that would do the stop.  Btw when we went to Stonehenge spent about 2 hrs there.  Hope that helps your planning. 

We organized our own tour through a CC recommended company called International Friends.  We did Stonehenge and Salisbury.  They have lots of tours for cruisers flying out later and other kinds of transport as well.  It can be found on the London Toolkit page or www.internationalfriends.co.uk.  

Here's a company we recently used...English Rose Collection.

Our driver, the service, and the car...all excellent.  Price is competitive as well.

You will be able to decide how much time to spend at Stonehenge and what time to get to Heathrow...just let them know.  Happy sailing!

https://englishrosecollection.co.uk/

So, from London Central, it is easy by train to get to Salisbury.  Stonehenge is a HOHO bus away.  The Catherdral in Salisbury is way more interesting than a bunch of stones in a cold lonely hill.  This is not to say don’t go to Stonehenge, I have gone twice.  I am just saying it is not all that interesting in real life.  The mystery is fascinating, but the actual stones are fine.  The first time we visited the road went literally within a dozen yards of the stones and the last time they had rerouted the roads, and made the trip to the stones a more intriguing visit.  There is a nice visitor center with a nice gift shop at the parking area, and you have to walk a bit further to get to the stones.  All though you can’t generally get to the stones, they put you on a path circling the stones.  A long visit there would probably be 90 minutes.  Can’t really imagine more, unless there was some sort of solar moment going on and a big crowd. 

JC

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

So, from London Central, it is easy by train to get to Salisbury.  Stonehenge is a HOHO bus away.  The Catherdral in Salisbury is way more interesting than a bunch of stones in a cold lonely hill.  This is not to say don’t go to Stonehenge, I have gone twice.  I am just saying it is not all that interesting in real life.  The mystery is fascinating, but the actual stones are fine.  The first time we visited the road went literally within a dozen yards of the stones and the last time they had rerouted the roads, and made the trip to the stones a more intriguing visit.  There is a nice visitor center with a nice gift shop at the parking area, and you have to walk a bit further to get to the stones.  All though you can’t generally get to the stones, they put you on a path circling the stones.  A long visit there would probably be 90 minutes.  Can’t really imagine more, unless there was some sort of solar moment going on and a big crowd. 

JC

Nice Stonehenge replica in Odessa, TX

Screenshot_20190405-234552_Google.jpg