Onboard spas - are they worth a visit?

Djoanna

As Tc said, prices are very high.  I've had a couple of good massages on board, but none that was as good as my ones at home, at about a third the price.   Btw, if you do decide to get a massage or whatever, remember that tip is already included in the price.

Just off the Voyager. Had non refundable credit from TA, nothing we wanted from the shops. Had a basic pedicure which was $85. At home before I left, same quality of service was $35 (Canadian !). Expensive onboard but would not have spent the money on anything else.

I agree, it really is too costly for what you get.  Also I feel MO only, they try to over sell you on product and are a little into themselfs, not really guest friendly.  This is one area Regent needs to work on, I realize they are contracted out-but it's the Regent image that is being damaged.

Edited by ronrick1943

On 4/6/2019 at 1:16 PM, travlr21 said:

Just off the Voyager. Had non refundable credit from TA, nothing we wanted from the shops. Had a basic pedicure which was $85. At home before I left, same quality of service was $35 (Canadian !). Expensive onboard but would not have spent the money on anything else.

Totally agree.  An occasional pedicure or manicure is all I've ever done, and yes, it's loads cheaper at home, but lovely if you have credits to spend.

agree with all the others--if we have onboard credit, it is a good way to use a lot of it fast.  Quality of service is generally ok, just way expensive.  I get a much better mani/pedi at home for way less.  But my son got probably the best haircut of his life onboard Voyager.

I'll add to this - only if you're trying to burn OBC.  The staff is usually kind of pushy, they're notorious for pushing for the double tips, the service CAN be good but at quite a surcharge over your spa at home...

My wife used to go occasionally but now we usually use any leftover OBCs for wine tastings or something a bit more fun.

I'd pass, personally.

On the other hand we love them.   Yes it’s crazy expensive.  But for us it’s part of the luxury experience to relax and enjoy the cruise.  AND massages are something we don’t tend to treat ourselves to at home.  FYI, I tell the therapist up front that I’m not buying anything and don’t try to sell me anything.  That request has always been honored.  

I’ve only booked something when I had to use up onboard credits. Most services are not nearly as good as what I can get at home. I once had a broken acrylic nail that needed repair and you’d have thought I’d asked them to tune-up a Maserati! They didn’t have a nail technician who knew what to do. Good thing we went home soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk