So I get a call from my TA, Royal wants your cabin back.

21 minutes ago, fscool said:

Where do I find out if "Automatic Upgrade" is enabled in my profile?  Is it a default setting?  

When the new "improved" 😞 website came out on RCI, you can no longer set or check on your preferences.  You must call CS on the phone to check it and make changes.  You can also do so on board the ship with the LA.  I have done that several times to change gift preferences (wine choices).  

22 minutes ago, Florida_cruisers said:

Oh oh, I think I do have it in my profile to automatically upgrade us but now I want to ensure my profile doesn’t say to automatically upgrade us. I don’t see it anywhere on my profile under the new format. Where is it now? 

Call CS on the phone to have them check or change it.  It's the only way you can do that now with the new website.

8 hours ago, Ashland said:

I choose my cabin location with a lot of thought and always book very early.....This is one reason I would never add "automatic upgrade" to my profile. What RCI consider's an upgrade may not be what I would consider as being one.

Yeah, agreed, right now we have to book later and get what's best of what's left but if/when we can book specifically I'll make sure there is no auto-upgrade without asking!

47 minutes ago, island lady said:

Call CS on the phone to have them check or change it.  It's the only way you can do that now with the new website.

The "new" website designed to frustrate you enough you don't care enough anymore to change things?  Sorry, that's me talking, though I do typically have good luck calling Royal just the past few times has reminded me I'd just rather not if I don't have to!

24 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

The "new" website designed to frustrate you enough you don't care enough anymore to change things?  Sorry, that's me talking, though I do typically have good luck calling Royal just the past few times has reminded me I'd just rather not if I don't have to!

I have also had that sneaking suspicion about that since the change.  Think of how much money RCI is saving if they don't give free upgrades (from your choice of automatic upgrade) and the free gifts that you have to actually chose in your profile that increase with each step up the C&A ladder.  I would not get my 3 free bottles of wine if I did not set that choice indeed.  😮 

26 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

Oh good to know!

Seems each time the wine choices change...it gets worse...but very easy to ask the LA to change your choice..and not just on wine.  He/she can help with anything in your profile choices.  

1 minute ago, island lady said:

I have also had that sneaking suspicion about that since the change.  Think of how much money RCI is saving if they don't give free upgrades (from your choice of automatic upgrade) and the free gifts that you have to actually chose in your profile that increase with each step up the C&A ladder.  I would not get my 3 free bottles of wine if I did not set that choice indeed.  😮 

Exactly, if you ask about benefits you're eligible for, you'll get them with a smile.  But if you don't know to ask....

2 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

They can get back my pre-reserved cabin after they pry off my cold firm hands grasping the balcony railing...

...yes... 🤣

Just be sure to have your profile choice set to "do not upgrade"....then no worries about slipping hands off your balcony railing.  😉 

Seems each time the wine choices change...it gets worse...but very easy to ask the LA to change your choice..and not just on wine.  He/she can help with anything in your profile choices.  

They'd be better off letting those eligible bring an extra bottle per cabin 🙂  Or we'll all be going back to our days of wine coolers!

My last RC cruise, they called my TA a few days before sailing to offer the same Jr. Suite on a lower deck plus $200 OBC.  We stupidly took the deal and regretted it from check-in throughout the cruise.  With such a late change, everything I had pre-paid was no longer on record, so I spent a great deal of time with them having to re-print our Sea Pass cards and with Guest Services re-entering our drink packages, our restaurant packages, our excursions.....you get the picture.

Needless to say,  even if offered an upgrade to a Royal Loft Suite or higher, I won't take the deal. 

Just now, Saturngrl said:

My last RC cruise, they called my TA a few days before sailing to offer the same Jr. Suite on a lower deck plus $200 OBC.  We stupidly took the deal and regretted it from check-in throughout the cruise.  With such a late change, everything I had pre-paid was no longer on record, so I spent a great deal of time with them having to re-print our Sea Pass cards and with Guest Services re-entering our drink packages, our restaurant packages, our excursions.....you get the picture.

Needless to say,  even if offered an upgrade to a Royal Loft Suite or higher, I won't take the deal. 

Yep, if they can't make the transition seamless than it's a PITA that eats into vacation mode!

Silence is golden for RCI...$$$ real gold.  😉 

I am pretty sure they apply this to discounts too, and certainly to price drops - they'd like to keep the repricing option a secret I'm sure.  Just like they hide the refundable deposit option until the last page of a reservation!

2 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

I am pretty sure they apply this to discounts too, and certainly to price drops - they'd like to keep the repricing option a secret I'm sure.  Just like they hide the refundable deposit option until the last page of a reservation!

Hmmm...sounds like capitalism at it's finest eh?  😉  RCI enjoys profits.  

1 hour ago, island lady said:

You can also do so on board the ship with the LA.  I have done that several times to change gift preferences (wine choices).  

Glad to hear this has been successful for you.

it has just taken me over 12 months and at least 5 sailings to change from red wine delivered to the cabin to white wine delivered to the dining room. I visited three different LA who claimed they could see the correct choice on my profile and phoned Miami twice.

I finally got the right combination in February and thought all was good until last week when I got white wine delivered to the cabin.

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

Hmmm...sounds like capitalism at it's finest eh?  😉  RCI enjoys profits.  

Yep, it reminds me of trying to buy a car..  Though at least if you walk out of a car dealership without purchasing after test driving and getting a price they will blow up your phone until you agree to come back and they ask to name your price 🙂

I have no issue with businesses making a profit since I want them to stay in business, there just could be some more balance to how high those profits need to be!  

Just spent the last 20 minutes on phone with RCCL.  The rep was clueless, I had to tell him what Cruise Preferences meant!!!!!!!!!!  And he put me on hold 2 times before he came back to report that my cruises were "No auto upgrade".

Our B2B on Vision starts Wednesday...

I had changed it a couple months ago when we booked our inside guarantee, hoping for an upgrade.  Ships full now...  But reading this thread got me thinking since we leave in 2 days, better change it back.  The B2B of second leg is the 15th(grand Suite), what if they try to steal it, they wouldn't even get me on our phone.  We'll be on board already.  Thx for heads up guys.  I plan on visiting with the LA whilst waiting on our cabin right away.

Edited by BecciBoo

1 minute ago, c-leg5 said:

Glad to hear this has been successful for you.

it has just taken me over 12 months and at least 5 sailings to change from red wine delivered to the cabin to white wine delivered to the dining room. I visited three different LA who claimed they could see the correct choice on my profile and phoned Miami twice.

I finally got the right combination in February and thought all was good until last week when I got white wine delivered to the cabin.

Sigh, it really shouldn't be that hard!