Golden Princess completes her season in Australia today 8 April 2019

Golden Princess heads back to Alaska today. Her re positioning cruise will take her across to NZ and then Trans Pacific to LA and Vancouver, She will be back again around October .

Bon Voyage to all those on board .

We have friends joining in Auckland for the Trans Pacific to Vancouver and are then staying on board for the first cruise  North to Alaska.

58255875_8gold.thumb.jpg.4982c6a77adf66b070fd2ff68b254c8e.jpg289376062_8gold3.jpg.53c39ccc09da78626f7a15cd7bf59cea.jpg743946645_8gold1.jpg.290f7f5f2d78696b96e54e8837e17654.jpg1813356648_8gold2.thumb.jpg.728eea864e503e7c628b1c4990bb322d.jpg

DatePortArriveDepart
Mon 08/04/19 Sydney / Australia 16:00
Tue 09/04/19 At Sea
Wed 10/04/19 At Sea
Thu 11/04/19 Fiordland National Park (Scenic Cruising) / New Zealand 07:00 17:00
Fri 12/04/19 Port Chalmers / New Zealand 08:00 18:00
Sat 13/04/19 Akaroa* / New Zealand 08:00 18:00
Sun 14/04/19 At Sea
Mon 15/04/19 Tauranga / New Zealand 09:45 20:45
Tue 16/04/19 Auckland / New Zealand 08:00 19:00
Wed 17/04/19 At Sea
Thu 18/04/19 Date Line
Thu 18/04/19 At Sea
Fri 19/04/19 At Sea
Sat 20/04/19 At Sea
Sun 21/04/19 Papeete (Tahiti) / French Polynesia 08:00
Mon 22/04/19 Papeete (Tahiti) / French Polynesia 05:00
Mon 22/04/19 Moorea* / French Polynesia 08:00 17:00
Tue 23/04/19 At Sea
Wed 24/04/19 At Sea
Thu 25/04/19 At Sea
Fri 26/04/19 At Sea
Sat 27/04/19 At Sea
Sun 28/04/19 Honolulu (Oahu, Hawaii) / USA 07:00 19:00
Mon 29/04/19 Hilo (Hawaii) / USA 07:00 16:00
Tue 30/04/19 At Sea
Wed 01/05/19 At Sea
Thu 02/05/19 At Sea
Fri 03/05/19 At Sea
Sat 04/05/19 Los Angeles (CA) / USA 07:00 16:00
Sun 05/05/19 At Sea
Mon 06/05/19 At Sea
Tue 07/05/19 Vancouver / Canada 07:30

You don't realise how funny your comment was MIC.  Was on last NZ trip and on the first morning aboard it was "Raindrops keep falling on my head" in the buffet with much of it fenced off.  Dripped for days.

Throughout the ship there were pipes leaking and cabins flooded.  You were never sure where the next leak would appear.  Staff just put a bit of carpet or something absorbent down and worked around it.

As The Big M said water was hot/warm whether you wanted it or not.  No matter where you positioned the tap.  I would fill my water bottle and put it in the fridge to cool overnight.  On boarding we had no water till we set sail, not even in the buffet for tea or coffee.  One drink station was out of order for the complete trip.  Sure has maintenance problems.

On missing Fiordland we had Force 7 winds the previous day and it was still Force 5 on the day and the pilot and captain decided conditions were too severe and adverse for the pilot to embark so we aborted it.  Such is life.

1 hour ago, The_Big_M said:

Actually, they were way too hot! Couldn't get them cooler.

52 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

That complaint is new, B/K/S was complaining about his flow

It's not new, I whinged about it on the B/K/S thread a few weeks ago and Chengkp75 provided some insight into the problem, which occurs on more than one Princess ship especially when cruising in hot weather. 

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It's not new, I whinged about it on the B/K/S thread a few weeks ago and Chengkp75 provided some insight into the problem, which occurs on more than one Princess ship especially when cruising in hot weather. 

I must have missed that bit. I must have been too busy laughing at his post about the shower flow for the Golden.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

. As for maintenance, perhaps they are cutting back now it is sold.

Hope not - we're boarding in Auckland to Vancouver.  Have been watching the Sydney webcams, it's almost 2 hours late leaving and still sitting there. 

50 minutes ago, Westaussie said:

Hope not - we're boarding in Auckland to Vancouver.  Have been watching the Sydney webcams, it's almost 2 hours late leaving and still sitting there. 

Perhaps they were getting some of the things fixed. Or they needed a deep clean which would have delayed everything.

22 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Perhaps they were getting some of the things fixed. Or they needed a deep clean which would have delayed everything.

They've just left now three hours late.  Think they were boarding normal time but on FB it was chaos according to someone - which sounds unusual for OPT.  Maybe the captain found the key!

4 hours ago, Ondine said:

You don't realise how funny your comment was MIC.  Was on last NZ trip and on the first morning aboard it was "Raindrops keep falling on my head" in the buffet with much of it fenced off.  Dripped for days.

Throughout the ship there were pipes leaking and cabins flooded.  You were never sure where the next leak would appear.  Staff just put a bit of carpet or something absorbent down and worked around it.

As The Big M said water was hot/warm whether you wanted it or not.  No matter where you positioned the tap.  I would fill my water bottle and put it in the fridge to cool overnight.  On boarding we had no water till we set sail, not even in the buffet for tea or coffee.  One drink station was out of order for the complete trip.  Sure has maintenance problems.

On missing Fiordland we had Force 7 winds the previous day and it was still Force 5 on the day and the pilot and captain decided conditions were too severe and adverse for the pilot to embark so we aborted it.  Such is life.

So nothing has changed on the Golden.. We were on the re positioning from Japan to Alaska last April, and there were leaks everywhere and air conditioning did not work in lots of cabins. Its not fun not having air con  for 10 days. Lots of other issues too.

Its not good enough Princess, its been 12 months since our cruise, and same problems.

Tanya

I got off her yesterday after the 2 day cruise up from Melbourne. I had been given a free upgrade from from a Caribe midship balcony to a mini on Dolphin. It was the one with the extended balcony. I have previously been in the extended mini on Emerald on The Diamond and had read that the 2 equivalent on Dolphin were different , as in no bath , single beds and a different layout. I understand they were designed as accessible cabins but didn’t meet all the specifications.

I really enjoyed the cabin. I liked the layout and the big bathroom and as I travel solo the single beds didn’t worry me. I have always had covered balconies so was concerned about being on Dolphin, but being the furthest aft on the side , I didn’t feel exposed .

My shower was fine, but I did notice the water at the buffet stations was warm and needed ice. 

I saw running repairs and the usual painting on the promenade decks and general maintenance happening. 

57 minutes ago, Thorpe said:

I got off her yesterday after the 2 day cruise up from Melbourne. I had been given a free upgrade from from a Caribe midship balcony to a mini on Dolphin. It was the one with the extended balcony. I have previously been in the extended mini on Emerald on The Diamond and had read that the 2 equivalent on Dolphin were different , as in no bath , single beds and a different layout. I understand they were designed as accessible cabins but didn’t meet all the specifications.

I really enjoyed the cabin. I liked the layout and the big bathroom and as I travel solo the single beds didn’t worry me. I have always had covered balconies so was concerned about being on Dolphin, but being the furthest aft on the side , I didn’t feel exposed .

My shower was fine, but I did notice the water at the buffet stations was warm and needed ice. 

I saw running repairs and the usual painting on the promenade decks and general maintenance happening. 

Thanks for the cabin review. I have had one of those on the Diamond and didn't mind it.

2 hours ago, Brisbane41 said:

It just finished a 2 night party cruise from Melbourne to Sydney. Still disappointed this ship is moving to P&O Australia. It still has life in it for Princess

Apparently, P&O is growing so needs the ship.

5 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

Apparently, P&O is growing so needs the ship.

Really, I had thought there must be some hidden technical issue with it for P&O Australia to have gotten it. After all Costa Concordia was going to be P&O Australia's newest ship in 2013 until the company realised that it could not be put back into service.

39 minutes ago, Brisbane41 said:

Really, I had thought there must be some hidden technical issue with it for P&O Australia to have gotten it. After all Costa Concordia was going to be P&O Australia's newest ship in 2013 until the company realised that it could not be put back into service.

Source?