What are your 3 favorite things you love in Barbados?

iluvcruises

• 1 month later...

#1-Take the bus to Bathsheba

#2-Calypso Girl-"FIVE hour catamaran tour to swim with the sea turtle's(and shipwrecks😉)...that also has a beach stop."😁

#3-The Boatyard

I'd stick with the Calypso Girl. 😎

Edited by TTEllis
typo

On 4/8/2019 at 4:06 PM, iluvcruises said:

We will be visiting Barbados for a day in August. I would love to hear from past visitors of their favorite things they loved about Barbados. Hoping this will help us choose what to do once were there. Thanks for any info 

A full day private catamaran charter, with family and friends.

Lunch and drinks at Tides

A full day beach visit at Rico's By The Sea

On 4/8/2019 at 11:06 AM, iluvcruises said:

We will be visiting Barbados for a day in August. I would love to hear from past visitors of their favorite things they loved about Barbados. Hoping this will help us choose what to do once were there. Thanks for any info 

I forgot about this tour, in 2010 on Barbados our CC group did the Scenic Barbados Tours(an entire island tour), I didn't book it I was just invited went along with an excellent group of people, it was great. We went all over the island, my first trip to Bathsheba it was extraordinary, went up in the mountains on Barbados, there are mountains on Barbados I promise. Great tour, reasonably priced, great people, drank all day scenery was awesome. 

In the event this is your first time to this island, I would highly consider a whole day island tour. My first choice would be on the water all day swimming with sea turtle's and looking at shipwrecks, if that's not what you had in mind, I would consider this.

Scenic Barbados Tours no problems. You walk right out of the secured port area(to the FAR left) just like you do everywhere else the guy will be holding up a big sign.......just like everywhere else!!😄 Nice van, nice island, nice people, nice day. 

• 1 month later...

Paynes Bay/Sandy Lane beach, Earthworks and Harrisons Cave.  Paynes is nice because they have some cute little tourist shops near there.

ETA and Oisitins if you're there on Friday evening.  

Edited by jsmjovi

1.  Our favorite place in the Caribbean, the north shore.

2.  Lunch at Bathsheba.

3.  Harrison's Caves.

We loved everything about Barbados. Trying to decide what we're going to do there in January. Would like to see St Nicholas Abbey which was closed last time we were there. 

• Like 1

On 7/29/2019 at 3:59 PM, Itsasecret80 said:

How do I find out more about Bathsheba? I don't see it as an excursion on RC site?

You have to go on your own. I have great pictures of Bathsheba I'm trying to get them on this laptop, been there twice. Once with Scenic Barbados Tours and went back a couple of years ago on my own and took the bus.  

Baddest beach in the Caribbean. Don't miss it. 

On 7/26/2019 at 6:38 PM, OHRiverRats said:

1.  Our favorite place in the Caribbean, the north shore.

2.  Lunch at Bathsheba.

3.  Harrison's Caves.

We loved everything about Barbados. Trying to decide what we're going to do there in January. Would like to see St Nicholas Abbey which was closed last time we were there. 

I was there we went in that church your talking about, beautiful. Beautiful gardens, it's several hundred years old we got the entire tourist shpeel. Have fun and walk the beach at Bathsheba they don't recommend swimming in it, no lifeguard on duty.

I'm not sure a lifeguard would do much good, beach is world class. Nothing else like it. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 7/26/2019 at 6:38 PM, OHRiverRats said:

We loved everything about Barbados.

Trying to decide what we're going to do there in January.

Would like to see St Nicholas Abbey which was closed

last time we were there.

You'll never get to see that upstairs bedroom

but everything else...OK.

430122_10150587256491302_1318048432_n.jpg

!MISTY Train.jpg

58376990_10156274382541302_3598174487914217472_o.jpg

78350514_10156868585106302_1678427293191503872_o.jpg

Abbey at night.jpg

Aerial view.jpg

Nicholas Abbey grinding.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2021 at 7:08 AM, Aplmac said:

You may be speaking about St. John's Parish Church?

Spiral-44.jpg

St.Johns_Church.jpg

Sundial-23.jpg

DSC_0027.JPG

YES!! I was there in 12\2010 our Cruise Critic group we did an awesome tour with Barbados Scenic Tours, we stopped here. 

Incredible history and beautiful property, this experience is a must on Barbados our whole group, a nice big GROUP off the ship we loved that place. Thanks. 

BTW I had absolutely nothing to do with booking this tour. drbillmc did it all, I just showed up that's why the tour was so awesome.  Next time on your island I'm going straight back to Bathsheba, gotta do it one more time before I hang it up. 

• Like 1

I copied this from a Celebrity cruise document last week:

"On-Your-Own tours permitted in Aruba, Costa Maya, Cozumel, Curacao, Nassau, St. Croix, St. Maarten, and St. Thomas. Celebrity curated tours are required in Barbados, Roatan, St. Johns, St. Kitts, Nevis, and Tortola."

In the near future, you might have to book shore excursions through the cruise lines for certain ports of call. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2021 at 12:28 PM, SueMo said:

I copied this from a Celebrity cruise document last week:

"On-Your-Own tours permitted in Aruba, Costa Maya, Cozumel, Curacao, Nassau, St. Croix, St. Maarten, and St. Thomas. Celebrity curated tours are required in Barbados, Roatan, St. Johns, St. Kitts, Nevis, and Tortola."

In the near future, you might have to book shore excursions through the cruise lines for certain ports of call. 

We are on the Celebrity Summit sailing out of St. Maarten on July 17th.  This includes a port day in Barbados but appears to be the only stop in that if we do go onto the island, that it must be on a ship sponsored excursion.  Not thrilled about this as we love to explore on our own and be on our own time, but it is what it is and we will make the best of it.

Any recommendations for an excursion done through the Summit?  Not looking to spend a ton on one and thinking about the Beach Hop Island Style tour in which you visit three different beaches while getting a bit of a tour of the island.  Any thoughts?

Years ago we went on an island tour that included the caves.  It was ok.  We have discovered over time we  just don't want to do island tours in the Caribbean.  We usually walk to the beach in Barbados and find a chair at Lobster Alive (right next to the Boathouse.)  Since you can't go on your own, I would pick a beach tour as well.  Barbados, beach, ....how bad can it be?

• Like 1

On 6/26/2021 at 3:37 PM, SueMo said:

We usually walk to the beach in Barbados and find a chair at Lobster Alive

(right next to the Boathouse.)  

Since you can't go on your own, I would pick a beach tour as well.

Barbados, beach, ....how bad can it be? ----> See my pics.

Correction to BoatYARD -not Boathouse,

but anyone on the island will know where you mean.

I hear lots of ship crew often spend the day there as well.

These pics are both Carlisle Bay (Boatyard is on Carlisle Bay)

CarlisleBay11a.jpg

DiveBoat-356.jpg

On 6/26/2021 at 11:28 AM, PokerFaceNJ said:

We are on the Celebrity Summit sailing out of St. Maarten on July 17th.  This includes a port day in Barbados but appears to be the only stop in that if we do go onto the island, that it must be on a ship sponsored excursion.  Not thrilled about this as we love to explore on our own and be on our own time, but it is what it is and we will make the best of it.

Any recommendations for an excursion done through the Summit?  Not looking to spend a ton on one and thinking about the Beach Hop Island Style tour in which you visit three different beaches while getting a bit of a tour of the island.  Any thoughts?

We sail on the summit July 10th.  I didn't see the Beach Hop tour!  Can you tell more about it?  I may call and ask.  We don't usually do ship tours either, but making the best of what is available!

2 hours ago, laurajc said:

We sail on the summit July 10th.  I didn't see the Beach Hop tour!  Can you tell more about it?  I may call and ask.  We don't usually do ship tours either, but making the best of what is available!

I saw it on a different site that Celebrity offers it, but after I made that post above I did check the Celebrity website and it isn't there. Sorry if I gave bad information.

15 hours ago, ClevelandCruisin said:

We would love to do a Turtle excursion! 

As the island emerges from Covid lockdowns and other 'fun' protocols
the local Min. of Health has not yet (to the best of my knowledge)

freed-up on party boats, coastal cruisers and glass-bottom boats

-for whatever reason-

BUT by the time you get here, things could be different.

Situations have been fluid, are fluid and shall be fluid
down to the end of this year, if not beyond.

The island is getting back to near-normal now that vaccinations

are gaining ground on this wretched virus, both locally and globally.

Chances are improving that you'll get to do your Turtle Excursion!

Here's a photo of a turtle flipping you the bird!!

NOW you've seen everything - lol

!Turtle flipping the bird!.jpg

!Turtle IN YO FACE!.jpg

!Turtle underwater shot..jpg