Unlimited Open Bar promo

Pduaime

We just booked the Panama Canal cruise for next February and selected the unlimited open bar as one of our "freebies".   Just curious -  if I order a cocktail from the waiter during dinner, will it be covered, or do you think they will use the fact that I'm not getting it from one of the "bars"  myself to exclude it.  

50 minutes ago, Pduaime said:

We just booked the Panama Canal cruise for next February and selected the unlimited open bar as one of our "freebies".   Just curious -  if I order a cocktail from the waiter during dinner, will it be covered, or do you think they will use the fact that I'm not getting it from one of the "bars"  myself to exclude it.  

Whether you are in a restaurant or at a bar or lounge you are covered up to the drink limitation of $15.00.

A top shelf liquor cocktail costing more than $15 you pay the overage + the 20% grat.

I.E. cocktail costs $17 - you are covered up to $15 so your on board account is billed $2.00 + .40 grat - total $2.40.

You have ordered your cocktail from the waiter - he brings it to your table -

you may have had you key card taken at some time to have it swiped to bill your on board account

which will be Zero since you have the Open Bar.

The Unlimited Open Bar covers drinks up to $15 anywhere on the ship.

On most ships you may order 2 drinks at a time.

On 4/9/2019 at 12:05 AM, don't-use-real-name said:

Whether you are in a restaurant or at a bar or lounge you are covered up to the drink limitation of $15.00.

A top shelf liquor cocktail costing more than $15 you pay the overage + the 20% grat.

I.E. cocktail costs $17 - you are covered up to $15 so your on board account is billed $2.00 + .40 grat - total $2.40.

You have ordered your cocktail from the waiter - he brings it to your table -

you may have had you key card taken at some time to have it swiped to bill your on board account

which will be Zero since you have the Open Bar.

The Unlimited Open Bar covers drinks up to $15 anywhere on the ship.

On most ships you may order 2 drinks at a time.

Just to clarify, there are some automated wine dispensers in the Solo Lounge and elsewhere on some ships, these are NOT covered under the UBP/open bar.

2 minutes ago, Prnsessmoi said:

Also, if I'm not mistaken, I believe would be charged from mini-bar, or delivered to room.

Yes

Premium Beverage Package (Unlimited Open Bar)
Premium Beverage Package is applicable to all qualified sailings excluding Pride of America and 3-6 night Sun & Sky sailings.

Applicable to guests 1-2 on the reservation. 
Guest must be at least 21 years of age at time of sailing to qualify for the Premium Beverage Package. Guests under 21 will receive the soda package. 

Eligible guests are entitled to two beverages per person per transaction. 

Includes a variety of spirits and cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to $15 USD retail price. Includes fountain soda, juice, and non-alcoholic beer.  

A 20% discount will be given on bottles of wine (champagne and sparkling included), Wine and Spirit Experiences, tastings or Flights purchased on board.

Offer is not applicable at Harvest Caye bars, restaurants, or venues.

Does not include: Wine and Spirit Experiences, tastings or Flights, Starbucks, Ice Bars, room service, package sales, bottled water, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated super premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, fresh squeezed juices, Lavazza coffee beverages, wine dispenser, energy drinks or vending machines.
Guest who receive the Soda Package may obtain fountain soda at any bar, lounge or restaurant throughout the duration of the cruise, excluding Harvest Caye bars, restaurants, or venues.
Guest's check may reflect applicable VAT and/or taxes for certain ports or itineraries.
Guest is responsible for 20% gratuities on the retail value of the Premium Beverage Package ($19.80 USD per person per day) and/or Soda Package ($1.59 USD per person per day) prior to cruise.

Retail value of Premium Beverage Package is $99.00 USD per person per day. Package price is subject to change.

Retail value of the Adult Soda Package is $7.95 USD per person per day. Package price is subject to change

1 hour ago, smplybcause said:

Last I was on I was told you couldn't do the flights with the package either. Which is crazy - because I then just ordered a full size of every drink on the flight to try. 

Agree, strange, I did the same, made the flight more better.  🙂

35 minutes ago, Froggy1369 said:

I dont like that bottled water and fresh squeezed juices aren't covered. I'll just buy a case of water, but I do enjoy a fresh squeezed OJ! That was one of the good things about RC. 

It truly is a shame about the water, especially since NCL prices are WAY too expensive.

And, you may not carry any water on!!!

2 hours ago, smplybcause said:

Last I was on I was told you couldn't do the flights with the package either. Which is crazy - because I then just ordered a full size of every drink on the flight to try. 

Yeah,  from the menus I've read,  they seem to treat the flights similarly to bottles of wine.  Oh well. 

We are sailing on NCL for the first time in  a couple of weeks, we were supposed to be on Royal's Oasis of the Seas TA, until the ship was damaged by the crane.   We have the Premium Drink package as a perk, but if I want to buy water from the bars etc, can anyone tell me how much it is, and what size of bottle they would sell.    I will probably buy a water package, but just wondered how much the bars sell it for?

Thanks 

24 minutes ago, texmex.ferr said:

We are sailing on NCL for the first time in  a couple of weeks, we were supposed to be on Royal's Oasis of the Seas TA, until the ship was damaged by the crane.   We have the Premium Drink package as a perk, but if I want to buy water from the bars etc, can anyone tell me how much it is, and what size of bottle they would sell.    I will probably buy a water package, but just wondered how much the bars sell it for?

Thanks 

I don't recall how much bottles at bars are priced, but for the "bargain price" of $53.94 for 24 1-liter bottles (this is the best "savings" package) you can order a case to your stateroom.  At a bar/restaurant, it is likely single bottles would be around $3 (or more) each.  BTW, these are "basic" water, not anything premium ( S.Pellegrino), which are more like $5.00+ per bottle.

Edited by ggTexasGal
additional info
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

I don't recall how much bottles at bars are priced, but for the "bargain price" of $53.94 for 24 1-liter bottles (this is the best "savings" package) you can order a case to your stateroom.  At a bar/restaurant, it is likely single bottles would be around $3 (or more) each.  BTW, these are "basic" water, not anything premium ( S.Pellegrino), which are more like $5.00+ per bottle.

Thank you for your reply.   If you order the water package, is it bottles of premium water or 'basic' water that they give you?

7 minutes ago, texmex.ferr said:

Thank you for your reply.   If you order the water package, is it bottles of premium water or 'basic' water that they give you?

Basic water, which NCL has bottled/labeled specifically for them.  It tastes fine, but is by no means special.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

Basic water, which NCL has bottled/labeled specifically for them.  It tastes fine, but is by no means special.

If it is Aquafina - it is in collusion with Pepsi - Pepsi bottles Aquafina.

Dasani you will not find it - it is bottled by Coca Cola -

Coke is a bad word in two respects drugs and a competing beverage !

The water is fine folks - come on in and drink the water ! LOL !

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

NCL sells NCL water. 

D6173DBC-9A2F-4846-852A-F319B808EEB8.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi Im new to NCL what is the Flights? I got the drink package with my deal and Im not sure of alot of things.

Can you order shots or more then 1 drink at a time? do you have to wait 15 minutes in between drinks? Thank u

On 4/10/2019 at 7:42 PM, don't-use-real-name said:

Just use the ice water left in your ice cooler ...it's still cold and delicious🤗

On 4/11/2019 at 5:43 PM, spotter27 said:

Hi Im new to NCL what is the Flights? I got the drink package with my deal and Im not sure of alot of things.

Can you order shots or more then 1 drink at a time? do you have to wait 15 minutes in between drinks? Thank u

A flight is a sampler (several different beers, wines, etc.).

You can order 2 drinks at a time (our a double). There is no waiting period. There is no limit on the number of drinks you can get a day. 

On 4/10/2019 at 5:28 PM, texmex.ferr said:

Thanks 

We always take a water bottle on board with us. You can fill it at many of the bars (just order a glass of ice water and pour it in your bottle). Or you can easily do the same at the buffet. However, you really shouldn't fill it if there is a line of people waiting to get water. We saw a LOT of people filling their water bottles at the buffet while a line of people waited behind them.