Diamond free wifi?

If you time it carefully, the 24-hour period will cover portions of two days.  For instance, signing up after returning to the ship on a port day will give you internet service that afternoon/evening plus the following day in the morning/afternoon.  If you are traveling with another Diamond member, you can do that again and have internet service on portions of four days.  This works very well for those who want to be “disconnected” on vacation but would like to check email a few times during the cruise.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

If you time it carefully, the 24-hour period will cover portions of two days.  For instance, signing up after returning to the ship on a port day will give you internet service that afternoon/evening plus the following day in the morning/afternoon.  If you are traveling with another Diamond member, you can do that again and have internet service on portions of four days.  This works very well for those who want to be “disconnected” on vacation but would like to check email a few times during the cruise.

Thats exactly what we do, usually on sea days. 

5 hours ago, Lindypops said:

Do Diamond members get any free wifi minutes?

Each Diamond has 24hrs continuous wifi.   They stopped the 'minute' option a few years ago whereby you could log on for 10 mins and then log off to make it stretch across the cruise - although X still offer this.

You can share it with your partner - you log off and they log on.

When you sign up for the package on board you will get the option to get 1x 24hr period or to apply your discount against the package for the whole cruise.  Depending on where you are sailing and the numbers of days at sea (if in Europe we have data roaming) you can decide which works best for you.

You cannot apply the Diamond discount to the packages you can prebuy on line before the cruise - it has to be on board.

As others have said, careful timing will make the 24hrs stretch across 2 days.

Edited by little britain

1 hour ago, Lindypops said:

Thank I am doing the transatlantic so 8 days at sea , as a solo.

The tip about signing on in the afternoon  is a good one 😊

If you can hang on for a few days, the cost of the package drops every day so I think it is better value to apply your discount to the package on about day 5 rather than utilise 24hrs worth.  That is what I do on TAs !

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, little britain said:

...the cost of the package drops every day...

My own experience has been the cost "drops" only because the package is for the remainder of the cruise and there are less days. An individual ship may put on an actual "special" if they aren't getting much business of course. So just do the math if you care about getting a "deal".

On 4/11/2019 at 6:50 AM, ZoeyVictoria said:

This is what DH and I do and it's really all we need. 

Upgrade for a few dollars the one for free is super slow 

I became diamond last year and got to try the free internet I had the option to get the free day or upgrade for less than 5$ but I chose the one for free. Omg it’s super slow   Extremely slow to load anything  or to open any email, forget about the apps. I was in the symphony and had iPhone X next time I’m upgrading for a few bucks 

Edited by mcatmcat