Boarding pass ?

yankswin43

You can use them but to be safe, I would print them too.  I do remember reading on here where someone tried using them and it didn't work for them.  Maybe it wasn't bright enough to scan.  DW had that happen once with an airline boarding pass.  She had to brighten her screen before it would read it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yankswin43 said:

Thanks.. we're gonna bring the paper copies just in case

That would be the wise thing to do.
NOTHING beats Hard Copy, as it's called.

I'd present the paper copies at check-in -and think on the phone as a backup!

We are becoming far too dependent on our phones!!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Anyislandwilldo said:

Is it ok for just one in our party to have the boarding pass on their phone or does each person need one?  I can still print a hard copy.

As others have said, I think the best thing to do is use paper copies for boarding passes.  Also, if you want to buy a drink or something when you first board the ship, you can use your paper boarding pass to do this until you get you S&S card.  I have never seen anyone use a phone to buy a drink when they first board the ship, although that doesn’t mean it has never happened. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Anyislandwilldo said:

Is it ok for just one in our party to have the boarding pass on their phone or does each person need one?  I can still print a hard copy.

Last June - in Galveston - policy may have changed since then - I printed out both my wife's and my boarding passes on the same piece of paper - one on each side.  They wouldn't allow this for some reason so they had to print out new, individual ones for us.  So, I could see them not allowing multiple boarding passes on one phone (if last year's policy still stands).

1 hour ago, Aplmac said:

We are becoming far too dependent on our phones!!

I agree   However we have been to recent events where it was stated paper copies would not be accepted.  (Red Sox spring training)

I wondered after how would someone without a smart phone even get in. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bases5 said:

I agree   However we have been to recent events

where it was stated paper copies would not be accepted.  (Red Sox spring training)

I wondered after how would someone without a smart phone even get in. 

It amazes/dismays me how humanity

is striving for an entirely electronic (and cash-less) society.

All well and good.

Until the power goes out and then............

• Like 3

1 hour ago, evandbob said:

Wait till your phone becomes your door key or S&S card.

Many (most?) hotels already have keyless entry where you don't need a card to enter your room. You just use your phone. I absolutely love this. For those of us who prefer technology, this would be great! I haven't used a paper airline ticket in I don't know how many years. I know Carnival is starting this but I know it's still touch and go at some terminals. It'll be nice to not have to print a boarding pass anymore. 

Don't have a smart phone and don't want one. DH works part-time for the cruise lines at one of the ports and while doing debarkation a couple of weeks ago, a woman came crying to him that she left her phone in her cabin and it had all her banking information on it. Who would do that? He told her she couldn't get back on the ship and he would contact someone to try to retrieve it for her. She demanded to get back on the ship to get it so no one would steal it. Sorry, lady, but that wasn't going to happen. Once you are off the ship, you can't get back on. He contacted someone who would send a crew member to look for it and bring it to the debarkation area, but it could take a couple of hours. On debarkation morning, hunting down the result of someone's careless action is not a priority for the ship's crew. Two hours later she had her phone and didn't even thank DH or the crew member who brought it. You'd be surprised how often this happens.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Djptcp said:

Don't have a smart phone and don't want one. DH works part-time for the cruise lines at one of the ports and while doing debarkation a couple of weeks ago, a woman came crying to him that she left her phone in her cabin and it had all her banking information on it. Who would do that? He told her she couldn't get back on the ship and he would contact someone to try to retrieve it for her. She demanded to get back on the ship to get it so no one would steal it. Sorry, lady, but that wasn't going to happen. Once you are off the ship, you can't get back on. He contacted someone who would send a crew member to look for it and bring it to the debarkation area, but it could take a couple of hours. On debarkation morning, hunting down the result of someone's careless action is not a priority for the ship's crew. Two hours later she had her phone and didn't even thank DH or the crew member who brought it. You'd be surprised how often this happens.

That's really sad that the person could not even thank your DH and the crew member.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tomo0862 said:

Last June - in Galveston - policy may have changed since then - I printed out both my wife's and my boarding passes on the same piece of paper - one on each side.  They wouldn't allow this for some reason so they had to print out new, individual ones for us.  So, I could see them not allowing multiple boarding passes on one phone (if last year's policy still stands).

Wow, I wonder what was up with that!  I will definitely be printing off boarding passes to avoid any hassles at the port.

20 hours ago, tomo0862 said:

12 hours ago, Anyislandwilldo said:

Wow, I wonder what was up with that!  I will definitely be printing off boarding passes to avoid any hassles at the port.

It use to be where you could print out one boarding pass for all passengers in your cabin.  Then they changed it to each person had to have their own boarding pass.  Now they don't even take them.  They just scan the bar code and you use it until you get to your cabin for your S&S cards.