Live! Grandeur 4.18- 4.25.19 - Same Old Ship, Different Day

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Wow, I have fallen behind again today. Maybe I will catch up with Bermuda, Part two in the morning.

We have left Bermuda, and have a sea day sailing to Charleston.

A collective scream could be heard through the ship, as the doggie bags appeared in the stairwells as soon as we left port.

The seas are not as bad as day 1, but many are looking like they are learning to walk all over again.

Dinner is over, and we caught the Whitney Houston tribute show. Just time for a couple drinks before the Easter Bunny show.

I hate how there is little, or no internet service in our cabin, so I can’t do much as Susan gets ready. I have found a couple spots that are reliable.

Till later. I am working on 3 hrs 38 min of sleep from last night.

Past Reviews post 184

I hope you sleep well tonight!

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I hate how there is little, or no internet service in our cabin, so I can’t do much as Susan gets ready. I have found a couple spots that are reliable

Past Reviews post 184

Look in the ceiling in hall outside your cabin for the nearest wifi access point.  You may be in between two.  I'm hoping that there is one near my cabin.  We usually bring a travel router with us, and hook it up inside the cabin near the desk.  The router hooks up to our one device plan, then I hook up to the router.  It allows me to periscope from the balcony as it extends the service while in the cabin.  When we leave, I disconnect from the router and sign in directly to Voom for movement about the ship. 

On April 20, 2019 at 8:01 PM, h20skibum said:

The jackets did okay, but I still think it will be the Isles.  That way, I won’t feel as bad about the Pens elimination 

I will happily pay for all of your future cruises if that happens. 😀

• Like 1

I am sorry you are having the same issues I had with the internet connection on the ship.  I went to the Internet café during my second cruise to talk to the person in charge of VOOM.  

I explained my issues and told him I felt it was because I was on deck 2.  He suggested that when I sign in to VOOM that I open the cabin door and stand by the hall until the tablet/laptop/phone "grabs" the connection.  This did help me.  Also, I had to do this multiple times when I lost the connection. He told me his cabin was on deck 1 and this worked for him.

We had a friendly conversation.  I told him that every time I hear John Blair talk about the internet and he describes it as the fastest internet at sea-- I laugh.  What a joke.  . .  he just smiled. 😀

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

I am sorry you are having the same issues I had with the internet connection on the ship.  I went to the Internet café during my second cruise to talk to the person in charge of VOOM.  

I explained my issues and told him I felt it was because I was on deck 2.  He suggested that when I sign in to VOOM that I open the cabin door and stand by the hall until the tablet/laptop/phone "grabs" the connection.  This did help me.  Also, I had to do this multiple times when I lost the connection. He told me his cabin was on deck 1 and this worked for him.

We had a friendly conversation.  I told him that every time I hear John Blair talk about the internet and he describes it as the fastest internet at sea-- I laugh.  What a joke.  . .  he just smiled. [emoji3]

I agree. The closest access point is about 10 cabins away.

This ship is definitely not the fastest.

At least I used iMovie to combine some clips of the balloon drop last night, so I will upload to YouTube and provide a link when I have good service.

Past Reviews post 184
  • Like 1

On 4/20/2019 at 11:38 AM, h20skibum said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=b5ec9cff05c76377We are currently sailing into port, so we have to meet for our excursion soon.  Will post more later. 

ACC84E00-AC85-4459-AE7A-9CB1C6415397.jpeg

Your review is really funny. :classic_smile:

Do you remember what time the ship got to King's Wharf and what time they started letting people off?

Your review is really funny. :classic_smile:

Do you remember what time the ship got to King's Wharf and what time they started letting people off?

I think we got there around 1:00. They let the people who have booked excursions off first. Our excursion had us meeting in the theatre at 1:00, so we were one of the first off.

Everyone else was held in the stairwell.

Past Reviews post 184

I will try to catch up on what we did for our second day in Bermuda. Since we would be there on Easter Sunday, we were not sure what would be open.

I had read that there was a glass beach, not far from the ship. I have a nice app on my phone, called CityMaps2Go. You can download maps where you plan to be, and you can use them offline, with just the gps on the phone

The map said that glass beach was 1.2 miles from the ship. The route I mapped out had sidewalks part of the way, then a back road that we walked.

If you can get by this place after you get off the ship, you are on your way.

5e8be804d9d7b658d489639daf27e760.jpg

I hear their drinks are more expensive than Royal Caribbean, if you can believe that

Past Reviews post 184

• Haha 1

I took the photo of this bridge on the way back, but just beyond it, is a road to the right called Cochrane Road. It actually has no traffic, because you will run into a couple fences.

edc24611087b476901a60bd98d228f14.jpg

As we were walking down this road, we found a convict cemetery

3d04d339c1377a54b770eaf4f0fb3612.jpg

Some of the headstones dated to the early 1800’s, and many were in their early to mid 20’s according to the headstones

We found a little wildlife here too

6bff41654dd15759fc5d06467fb12476.jpg

Past Reviews post 184