Live! Grandeur 4.18- 4.25.19 - Same Old Ship, Different Day

At the time you posted hour black and white photo we were loading our truck up in the parking lot below. Leaving our wonderful grandeur. 

As for the temps around the ship,  the only place i found cold was the south pacific lounge. Which would include the diamond lounge, tucked in the corner. I basically found the ac on the warm side. Even in our cabin one deck up and over the south pacific lounge. 

At the captains corner, someone asked about large piping being removed from the ship. We were told it was air conditioning pipes being scrapped. It seems that this is an ongoing project.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

A bust at visual trivia, name the celebrity. Only 16 of 20, with five teams getting 19. I need a new partner.

648825e4749db6fff7d83ffae16f40a6.jpg

By the way, we still have cell service.

Past Reviews post 184

We just got off GR this morning.  We've done GR 7 times and gone out of Baltimore 8.  We've always had cell service all the way down the bay (some places intermittent).  

Edited by BND

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Dinner tonight was prime rib. That seems to be what we always order on night 1. We had dinner with a couple from our roll call on their first cruise.

0c0c63397bc8c9e81a29ac3cac572b2f.jpg

Susan was happy, because their apple pie on this ship does not have raisins.

Oh my. So happy to hear about Apple pie with no raisins. Yeah!!!!I

I made a big deal on Anthem to a section captain and was given Apple pie each nite with NO raisins. Found out she is married to the pastry chef. Who knew?
Past Reviews post 184

I've been on the Grandeur many times. Have a back to back coming up in November. She's a great little ship with a fabulous crew. Baltimore is a great port to sail out of So easy getting on and off the ship. Now to get back to the hockey discussion. I'm an Islanders fan living in Capitals country. It would be so nice to see the Canes beat the Caps. That would give the Isles home ice in the second round. Go Isles!

• Like 2

So it is early morning Friday, and we are sailing through a little storm. The ship is rocking a little.  DW has an alarm set on her phone for 5:30 am every Friday, and she forgot to turn it off. 

Since I had cell service all day yesterday, I waited until this morning to purchase WiFi. I used my D discount for one day of surf, and we will use DW’s discount for a package the rest of the voyage.  

This is the surf speed from our cabin on deck 3

100E9E28-4087-4F72-8D76-4DB3FA794FBB.png

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, h20skibum said:

A bust at visual trivia, name the celebrity. Only 16 of 20, with five teams getting 19. I need a new partner

Sydney Crosby has some free time. 😉😱🙂

9 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Susan was happy, because their apple pie on this ship does not have raisins.

High five to Susan. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2

Deck 5 outside was closed last night, and it is closed this morning. 

The starboard side looks dry, but the port side is wet, with spray going at least a deck higher.  

Lots of people look like they are doing the electric slide this morning, but it may be purely unintentional 😁

4A7C9288-6FA3-495B-8FF0-F76391F7227F.jpeg

Edited by h20skibum
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

what is the weather like today @h20skibum

Sunny, but rough seas.  It is supposed to reach 70 degrees, but winds are 20-30 knots. 

I will walk out to the pool deck after breakfast to see how it feels. 

• Like 1

The pool deck is very windy today, and the pool is closed.  I took a video of the wave action in the pool, but I don’t think it will upload.  

So maybe they do have a flow rider after all. 😁

Even the Solarium pool is closed today, and water from the pool is flowing around the floor of Park Cafe.  The hot tubs, however, are open. 

53F768BA-8B3C-4964-BD9E-CA8BE645FED4.jpeg

• Like 1

I will have to watch this thread.

We got off her the morning of April 18. 😄

Had a great 12 night cruise on her.

BTW, Giovanni in the Schooner Bar in the late evenings is very good.

Edited by SRF

Thanks so much for the live update...It's embarrassing how frequently I keep refreshing the page during my workday!  We leave on the 25th.  If you happen to have any time, do you mind checking out the photo area?  There's a package for $199 for all prints online if we pre-buy but I can't figure out if we can pick the sizes, or if there are certain sizes they print and we just walk around and pick all of the ones  we are in....online doesn't provide much info and other ship classes look like they have facial recognition but not sure if Grandeur does.  Don't waste any time though; only if you happen to be perusing your own photos.  🙂

Have a wonderful trip!! Hope the weather warms up and the seas calm down!

19 minutes ago, Voc6 said:

Thanks so much for the live update...It's embarrassing how frequently I keep refreshing the page during my workday!  We leave on the 25th.  If you happen to have any time, do you mind checking out the photo area?  There's a package for $199 for all prints online if we pre-buy but I can't figure out if we can pick the sizes, or if there are certain sizes they print and we just walk around and pick all of the ones  we are in....online doesn't provide much info and other ship classes look like they have facial recognition but not sure if Grandeur does.  Don't waste any time though; only if you happen to be perusing your own photos.  🙂

Have a wonderful trip!! Hope the weather warms up and the seas calm down!

This is what they list for the photo packages onboard this morning. 

Hope this helps

2705E9D8-F3B0-4648-B6B9-697CED7ED0D2.jpeg

• Thanks 1

We had the CC Meet & Mingle this morning, and we had about 23 show up.  That is probably a good showing, given the rough seas, and the number of people I have seen talking into those little bags. 

I won won a few items in the raffle, but gave them away to someone who had never won

7D26304E-6259-439D-910A-42D02CB696C1.thumb.jpeg.7e8348b9f4935979be8918985839b403.jpeg7D26304E-6259-439D-910A-42D02CB696C1.thumb.jpeg.7e8348b9f4935979be8918985839b403.jpeg

31992C8A-6189-4191-B657-3F82162B8B20.jpeg

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 2

Well, photos are uploading strange today.  Double upload.  I actually only won one set. 

They are handing out drinks at the Top Tier party this morning in the theatre.  I had to try a rum punch

FC676DB3-282A-4DAF-89DF-14097BE41E76.jpeg

• Like 2