Cabin 9594 Serenade - Never Sailed RCL

Hi folks

we normally cruise Celebrity but like the look of RCL Serenade of the Seas and in particular the journey from Vancouver to Hawaii

looking for any thoughts/help on whether this is a good choice of ship for us and if anyone has sailed in this particular cabin as I have searched but cannot find any pictures

just to say we are non smokers in our late 50's like decent entertainment but we are not party people

Many thanks

We love the ship. Cabin has a larger balcony but near the centrum, but not on top of elevators.  Noise does come from centrum but there should be doors to the corridor to help keep the noise down.  Enjoy your cruise. 

4 minutes ago, gordylad said:

we dont like noise at night light sleepers maybe we should pick a quiet cabin.....

I have to agree...see what else is available in your category...If you could possibly book a true aft (looking out the back) you would love it like #1102 as an example.

3 hours ago, gordylad said:

unfortunately its the only cabin left in its class sailing is sept 2020 van to haw

Keep checking back online often....you never know....especially as you get close to final payment when people change their mind and TA's release inventory back to RCI......Best of luck !!

I am looking at the website and see many other cabins available in that class.  (Vancouver to Hawaii in September of 2020.)  Please check again.    The Serenade is one of my favorite ships and I think you would find it quite comparable to Celebrity.

I have, by the way, stayed in 9594 for 8 days on the Jewel of the Seas (the Serenade's twin sister).  I did not hear noise from the Centrum, nor was I bothered by noise from the adjoining cabin.  This cabin is just inside the hallway and somehow this makes a difference.

@vickiw0318

just to say its a 2B category and the sailing is 6 Sept 2020 there are no cabins left in the category

could you tell me anything about the cabin? bed by balcony/bathroom? decent size balcony? has the balcony got a solid wall on one side?

many thanks

I was just looking at the general category class, not 2B or 3B specific.  There are other balcony cabins of the same size available.  On that ship, they used to be classed as either D1s or D2s and the smaller sized ones, found on decks 7 & 8, as Es.  Now, Royal is more specific based on actual cabin location, addition of a sofa bed, etc.   I am afraid you've caught me stuck in the past.  There might be a change in category and a slight price change, but you would have the same sized cabin.  A 4B on the aft is the same size as your 2B, but costs more because of its larger balcony.

All the beds on that class of ship are by the balcony.  Yours truly can be lazy on vacation and loves to prop herself up in bed and read and look at the water.  (on sea days, of course.)  9594 has a slightly larger balcony.  It will have 2 chairs and a small table on it.  The walls between the balconies cannot be opened but I seem to recall that walls are opaque rather than solid.  You can see form, but nothing specific.

Although I am now in my "new 50s", your descriptions of yourselves as cruisers and mine as one are similar.  I am in for the night pretty darn early and I was not awakened by any noise.

Hope this helps a little.

I think that the location is excellent.

I'd book it and keep looking, aiming at cabins 9592 through 9576.

The only thing that bothers me is that it's a connected cabin.

All the Radiance ships are very nice, perfect for your itinerary and "life style"😀