Live - Harmony of the Seas 4/21/19

7 hours ago, dablondee525 said:

Is it Seepaul? If so, tell him Melissa and Chad are coming to see him in a couple weeks. He's such a great person. 

6 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Do you remember their name?  Could it be SeePaul?

No it's Supadi

Today in Jamaica we did the blue hole and river tubing. They say 1 hour 5 minute bus ride but was actually 1 hour 45 minutes. Much of it was very bumpy on one line roads up a hill. Our driver sometimes had to back up to a place for another car or truck to pass by us in opposite direction.

We went to blue hole first which meant we didn't eat lunch until after river tubing at  around 3:30.

blue hole was very crowded and was organized  chaos, trying to stay with your group which was actually our van and another. About 22 people in each can.  The jumping from the falls was fun.

The river tubing part you drove another 10 minutes or so to get there. It was relaxing but there were a few "rapids" but they were tame. The tubes  they have are nice and big and sturdy not like tubes at an aqua park.

Lunch was three small cut up pieces of jerk chicken and rice.

the excursion was good overall but you are in the bus (25 ish seater van) for about 4 hours.

i didn't take any pictures only video with GoPro during the activities.

54 minutes ago, fligster said:

the excursion was good overall but you are in the bus (25 ish seater van) for about 4 hours.

Curious if this information can be found anywhere before someone makes an excursion like this. If I saw it in the cruise planner I would be like cool I want to do that. But if states that drive time information that would be a deal killer for me. I would like to know if you read or found out this information before booking the excursion. btw great vlog, I'm enjoying your review very much!

8 hours ago, Swank Pad G said:

Curious if this information can be found anywhere before someone makes an excursion like this. If I saw it in the cruise planner I would be like cool I want to do that. But if states that drive time information that would be a deal killer for me. I would like to know if you read or found out this information before booking the excursion. btw great vlog, I'm enjoying your review very much!

The description online said 1 hour 1t minute bus ride, our guide on the bus said 1 hour 5 minutes.  RCCL doesn't have reviews directly in their excursions like others (carnival for instance) where someone can post this info so others know.  The iPhone app didn't mention travel time at all. A few people Sitting in front of us didn't even realize it was supposed to be over an hour ride even. 

Last night for dinner, we had missed our 6 pm reservation, went around 7:30. There was a little line but went to the suite guest podium and got right in and a window table. So thar worked out. I thought I had read beforehand that suite priority reservations don't apply to my time dining but at least on harmony they have a separate suite podium.

46 minutes ago, fligster said:

Last night for dinner, we had missed our 6 pm reservation, went around 7:30. There was a little line but went to the suite guest podium and got right in and a window table. So thar worked out. I thought I had read beforehand that suite priority reservations don't apply to my time dining but at least on harmony they have a separate suite podium.

Are you planning on dining at the Coastal Kitchen? We really enjoyed it it the past when we booked suites. Really enjoying your review!

3 hours ago, fligster said:

The description online said 1 hour 1t minute bus ride, our guide on the bus said 1 hour 5 minutes.  RCCL doesn't have reviews directly in their excursions like others (carnival for instance) where someone can post this info so others know.  The iPhone app didn't mention travel time at all. A few people Sitting in front of us didn't even realize it was supposed to be over an hour ride even. 

Thank you! Another reason why CC is so important to read people's reviews of their excursions to make informative decisions before booking an excursion.

All access ship tour was interesting. Not as good as others I have taken. It was a very large group I think 24 or 26 people because I think someone missed their time or was early and they let them join ours. It lasted 2.5 hours and you could take pictures but no video so I will use the pictures in the vlog. I used my g7x so none to post on here maybe after I load them to my computer. 

One intersecting thing was that the stewards have to all bring their trash down to the garbage room and separate the recyclables themselves. But they say the money they get from recycling goes into the crew activity fund. 

The 2nd officer gave us a tip that they are docking port side in Cozumel and its is better to wait to get off since they are setup for starboard and port is more congested to get off. We are going to paradise beach and they open at 9 am which should be 10 am ship time 

Is this tour free for suites or is it an additional cost?  If I remember correctly, I saw a tour of the ship for over $100 per person before but the suite guests have a free tour???  If I am correct, do you need to do anything to go on the free tour when I get on the ship?  Thanks!

2 hours ago, eynsteinp said:

Is this tour free for suites or is it an additional cost?  If I remember correctly, I saw a tour of the ship for over $100 per person before but the suite guests have a free tour???  If I am correct, do you need to do anything to go on the free tour when I get on the ship?  Thanks!

We did the paid tour. I haven't heard anything about a free tour for suites during this cruise.

Diamond Plus and Pinnacles have the option to do a free tour that ranges from the galley, the theater, or the bridge (not offered very frequently).  My husband takes one every cruise.  Im assuming that suite guests are given the options as well.

5 hours ago, Aeryn said:

Thanks for the great photos!  Would you know if there is some kind of transport from the ship up the long Cozumel dock?  I have limited mobility.  Thanks!

There are often little tuk tuks - bit like golf carts - operated by locals. My mum uses them and has dollar bills ready to give them.

Wendy