Catching a Rail Europe train...

Thebox

Ship is docking at 6AM in Amsterdam at the end of the cruise. Would like to catch an 11:15 train from Central Station to Paris. Do I have the time to catch this train? Any help would be appreciated - and thanks!

If you're docking in A'dam then it's a short trip to the Centraal Station.

FWIW, there's no such thing as a Rail Europe train. Rail Europe is just a North American distributor that sells tickets for the various rail companies in Europe. Often at a markup over buying directly from the actual rail line. I hope you weren't suckered into buying a rail pass vs a ticket.

We did that exactly a couple of years ago. Easy walk for the ship to the station ( maybe one half km or less). One thing I would recommend is buy a first class train ticket. This will give you access to the First Class lounge in the station and make the wait much easier. Also nice comfy seats on the train, free food and drinks, the price difference really was not that much when we traveled.    

You could crawl from the Amsterdam cruise terminal to the Central Station in time for that train.  Of course you might prefer to grab a taxi or use the tram line.  Your problem will be what to do with the extra time before you can board your train.

Hank

As mentioned above, Rail Europe is a bit of a rip off. If you haven't already booked the train, do look at either Thalys or NS International (the latter is the Dutch rail site for international trips, though it'll put you on the same Thalys train so compare prices) and book directly with them instead. Odds are you'll find a better rate booking directly with the railway.

• Like 1

Yes, short distance to Centraal Station from the port and an easy walk. I also agree with previous posts - Rail Europe is a consolidator not a rail company. It is less expensive to book directly thru the rail line (Thalys, d-bahn, etc.).

Edited by dogs4fun