Celebrity MoveUp Offer Tracker - Please Do Not Post Questions Here!

hvbaskey

1 hour ago, killaypirate said:

Silhouette Jul24 out of Southampton. Was bidding on Aqua suite & Aqua room. Virtually sold out. Looking @ dummy booking 5 x Aqua suites sold today & 3 x Aqua became available plus some verandahs. Looks like Moveup process started. Oh well never mind still looking forward to our Concierge Room

Have you tried ringing your agent again to do a paid upgrade? It is worth a shot! 

On 7/12/2023 at 3:40 PM, goldenaspen said:

If we made reservation through a TA or company, do they have to put in our move up bid?  We used what i believe you are calling big warehouse.  ie CC

If your abbreviation means what I think it means, then you are able to do a move-up.  Some large warehouse stores do not allow it.

On 7/9/2023 at 1:50 PM, killarneylady said:

Do you know if Celebrity will talk to me directly now that final payment has been made?  My TA inclined to accept Celebrities word and give up on this. 

Once you book with a TA Celebrity will not entertain any discussion or changes to your booking itself.  (meaning, for things like perhaps booking extras like specialty restaurants or similar you can do that through Celebrity, but not for the cabin booking itself)

• Thanks 1

Move Up Tracker

• Ship:  Millenium 
  • Length of Cruise: 7 days
  • Cruise Sail Date: August 4, 2023
  • Date email offer received: May 2023
  • Captain’s Club Tier: Elite
  • Booked through Celebrity Direct OR via TA: TA
  • Current Cabin: Outside 3035
  • Bid?  Yes/No: YES

If YES -  Bidding Details:

• Cabin Category: place winning category, if accepted (all category offers, can be mentioned in comments)
  • Bid Offer: Aqua stateroom $375 pp

Balcony $250 pp

• Notification Date: Pending for Aqua
  • Like 1

I think it means they are not accepting any new bids or changes and are probably deciding on upgrades. If it goes to expired you haven’t been successful but pending means still in the running I’d say 🤞I’ve bids for 26/8 sailing and I wish they’d put me out of my misery! Good luck. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sail2day said:

What if the status of a bid if it is "locked-- pending"?

There is no definitive answer, but from experience it normally means you have been successful if you can’t change or cancel, looking at your booking or credit card is first sign.  Good luck 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keddy72 said:

There is no definitive answer, but from experience it normally means you have been successful if you can’t change or cancel, looking at your booking or credit card is first sign.  Good luck 

Maybe, but my suite upgrades (from Sky up) always show pending a few days before, but are always unsuccessful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My Summit cruise leaves this Sunday 7/23 and all 3 of my offers (celebrity suite, sky suite and ultra deluxe veranda) are still showing “pending” when I go into the original email and follow the links to update my offers. It appears that I can still update my offers as well.  Does this really mean all 3 are still pending at this short of a time before sailing or is there another more updated link?  I’ve already printed out our luggage tags for our obstructed veranda so I’m cool with that, however it would be nice to know soon if that’s changing.  Anyone ever get an accepted offer a few days before sailing or is it generally earlier that you know the status?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

My Summit cruise leaves this Sunday 7/23 and all 3 of my offers (celebrity suite, sky suite and ultra deluxe veranda) are still showing “pending” when I go into the original email and follow the links to update my offers. It appears that I can still update my offers as well.  Does this really mean all 3 are still pending at this short of a time before sailing or is there another more updated link?  I’ve already printed out our luggage tags for our obstructed veranda so I’m cool with that, however it would be nice to know soon if that’s changing.  Anyone ever get an accepted offer a few days before sailing or is it generally earlier that you know the status?

Our offer was accepted 3 days before embarkation. 

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, killaypirate said:

My sailing is day later, July24. Everything still pending with only 1 unsold cabin in my bidding.

We're on the same cruise. We've also made bids but I think it's looking unlikely we will get anything. We're happy with our verandah cabin though, we deliberately choose one in a good location. 

• Like 1

We're on the October 2 Canada/New England sailing on the Summit out of Boston in an Aqua class cabin. For the last few months the retreat was looking almost completely sold out. Then a couple weeks ago I noticed a whole bunch of retreat cabins of all categories were showing as available. 

I hadn't received an-email but went to the moveup site to enter your reservation number and name to see if you could bid on an upgrade and I could put in bids for Sky Suite, Aqua Sky Suite, Celebrity Suite, or Royal Suite. I went ahead and did that, putting in $1k pp for SS and Aqua SS (both max/strong bids), $1250pp on Celebrity, and $1500pp for Royal. Who knows, maybe we'd get a nice surprise a few days before we sailed.

I saw a charge for a little over $2k on my Amex from Celebrity today, and at first thought it must be a billing mistake. Much to my delight I went to our bid page and our Aqua Sky Suite bid had BEEN ACCEPTED, and our new room is showing on the Celebrity app already. Absolutely flabbergasted but delighted.

I just checked our cruise and they still show Aqua Sky Suites as available, but if I were to upgrade it at the current price it would be about $10k more rather than the $2k of our bid, so I'm feeling quite happy right now.

• Like 10

7 hours ago, wineoclock said:

Wow that’s a good deal! Congratulations 

Thanks! I'm really surprised that they accepted it 75 days out from the cruise. Bids getting accepted that far in advance don't seem very common.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, karmamule said:

Thanks! I'm really surprised that they accepted it 75 days out from the cruise. Bids getting accepted that far in advance don't seem very common.

Maybe some folks cancelled prior to final payment ?

Hope you have a great cruise ⛴️ Congrats.

• Like 1

I am still in “pending” status for 3 categories (Celebrity Suite, Sky Suite and Deluxe Veranda) for my Sunday 7/23 Summit cruise.  This sounds crazy to me that all 3 are still showing as “pending” this close to sailing.  I’m praying 1 comes through.  That would be nice🙏

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, horseymike said:

Maybe some folks cancelled prior to final payment ?

Hope you have a great cruise ⛴️ Congrats.

Bid must have been minimum they were willing to accept and so took it before it may have altered. Useful pointer though. My sa iling 4 days out, 4 bids pending with 4 unsold rooms in 1 of my bids. Still hoping

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

I am still in “pending” status for 3 categories (Celebrity Suite, Sky Suite and Deluxe Veranda) for my Sunday 7/23 Summit cruise.  This sounds crazy to me that all 3 are still showing as “pending” this close to sailing.  I’m praying 1 comes through.  That would be nice🙏

July a very popular time for a cruise!  Good luck.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2019 at 4:01 PM, hvbaskey said:

CELEBRITY MOVE UP TRACKER (effective April 19, 2019; but can back-fill data, if available)

• Ship:  Millennium
  • Length of Cruise: 7 nights 
  • Cruise Sail Date: 7/21/23
  • Date email offer received: 5/12/23
  • Captain’s Club Tier [“PREVIEW” = first Celebrity Cruise]: Classic
  • Booked through Celebrity Direct OR via TA:  TA
  • Current Cabin: Aqua class 9067
  • Bid?  Yes/No: yes

If YES -  Bidding Details:

• Cabin Category: sky suite
  • Bid Offer: $205 pp, just above minimum
  • Notification Date: 7/19/23
  • Accepted / Rejected. Rejected

General Comments (offer details, etc.)

This Alaska cruise was virtually sold out, so I didn’t have any expectation that the move up would happen. But, my bid stayed pending right up to two days before the cruise, and locked/pending about 9 am that day so I briefly had hope ….. but got the rejection email around 6 pm. Not disappointed since this is our first time in Aqua class! 

• Like 1

I just checked my sailing and it’s completely sold out except for 1 concierge cabin.  I think the only way I’m winning a bid is if someone doesn’t show up.  Unless they take into account that they could probably get more $ for my obstructed veranda last minute and then more $ for the upgrade from us.  That’s only if any of the bidding cabins are actually empty at this moment.  Who knows if the ship is truly sold out or they’re actually holding some cabins for the highest bidders?  Such a mysterious process.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

I just checked my sailing and it’s completely sold out except for 1 concierge cabin.  I think the only way I’m winning a bid is if someone doesn’t show up.  Unless they take into account that they could probably get more $ for my obstructed veranda last minute and then more $ for the upgrade from us.  That’s only if any of the bidding cabins are actually empty at this moment.  Who knows if the ship is truly sold out or they’re actually holding some cabins for the highest bidders?  Such a mysterious process.

Yes, it is a mysterious process. There is no rhyme or reason why some bids get accepted months out and other get rejected two days before the cruise. 

• Like 3