Mighty Cruise Ships - Symphony

1 hour ago, Swank Pad G said:

We have enjoyed season 1 and 2 immensely. Looking forward to seeing season 3. They are put together very well and it is so interesting to see the inner workings of a cruise plus the different ships they feature. I wish I knew how long it will be before season 3 is shown in the US.

one thing I found very interesting was on the episode of the HOL ship doing the Norwegian fjords.This cruise lines has a reputation for being an old folks line. It seemed like there were quite a few younger people on board,well , younger than I am. A lot of people were able to do some of the excursions which were quite demanding.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, molsonschooner said:

one thing I found very interesting was on the episode of the HOL ship doing the Norwegian fjords.This cruise lines has a reputation for being an old folks line. It seemed like there were quite a few younger people on board,well , younger than I am. A lot of people were able to do some of the excursions which were quite demanding.

I agree loved that episode. These shows are a wonderful way to see cruise itineraries as well as see the ships. The other things that I find fascinating are the behind the scenes stories, things like what a cruise director does and the problems they face as well as getting passengers to their excursions and mechanics of guiding a ship through the fjords.

1 hour ago, bigeck said:

I wonder if Royal will compete for the biggest once the new Aida ship comes out.

Over 8000 passengers is big

That 8K is likely including crew and max capacity- I don’t think there’s any ship planned with over 6K passengers at double occupancy. 

Edited by Biker19

1 hour ago, bigeck said:

I wonder if Royal will compete for the biggest once the new Aida ship comes out.

Over 8000 passengers is big

Their 3 new ships including the Aida Nova that just launched in 2018 hold 5200 pax double and 6600  max capacity.  Very close to Symphony but she is only 184,000 gt vs Symphony at 228,000.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Their 3 new ships including the Aida Nova that just launched in 2018 hold 5200 pax double and 6600  max capacity.  Very close to Symphony but she is only 184,000 gt vs Symphony at 228,000.

Thanks.

I had a look for the report that Aida would have the biggest ship in the world. It was in the Daily Star newspaper in Uk.

They have now changed it to 'Carnivals biggest ship'. Lng powered was highlighted. Not sure where it would fit in Europe if it was going to be bigger.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 10:14 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Symphony of the Seas will be featured on the new season of Mighty Cruise Ships airing this Sunday on the Discovery channel in Canada.  Not sure if it’s being aired or has been in the US.  

Sweet il have to watch it. Thanks for reminding me

Edited by trev71
  • Like 1

Recorded from this last weekend and watched last night. I've been disappointed at some mighty cruise ship shows as they don't spend as much time as I would like talking about the ship. More time is spent on the ports the ship visits. Interesting in its own right, but not what I am wanting from this show.  However, I really liked this episode as they spent a lot more time on the ship and showcasing various behind the scene activities and life on board for passengers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/3/2019 at 10:38 PM, LeDemonBlond said:

Recorded from this last weekend and watched last night. I've been disappointed at some mighty cruise ship shows as they don't spend as much time as I would like talking about the ship. More time is spent on the ports the ship visits. Interesting in its own right, but not what I am wanting from this show.  However, I really liked this episode as they spent a lot more time on the ship and showcasing various behind the scene activities and life on board for passengers.

Hi! I really would love to see this episode, but I don’t know where can I watch it (the official website of discovery channel Canada doesn’t open it to other countries). Is there a chance you can share it or upload somewhere? That would be really appreciated!!!

1 hour ago, Musikant1990 said:

Hi! I really would love to see this episode, but I don’t know where can I watch it (the official website of discovery channel Canada doesn’t open it to other countries). Is there a chance you can share it or upload somewhere? That would be really appreciated!!!

Have you tried accessing this through a VPN such TunnelBear?

Any information on when this will air in the US?  I normally record Mighty Cruise Ships, but have to manually catch them on the guide since the original air dates are not current (original dates in Canada) and my dvr is set to record first run episodes so it ends up ignoring it when its first run in the US.

1 minute ago, Mass2Cruise said:

Any information on when this will air in the US?  I normally record Mighty Cruise Ships, but have to manually catch them on the guide since the original air dates are not current (original dates in Canada) and my dvr is set to record first run episodes so it ends up ignoring it when its first run in the US.

Mighty Cruise Ships normally airs on the Smithsonian Channel here in NY. Usually midday on some weekdays. 

3 hours ago, Musikant1990 said:

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Have you tried accessing this through a VPN such TunnelBear?

^^^^ A VPN service works for discovery.ca (but not for Shaw's app or Freerange website).  I use a different one that has Canadian gateways. That's how I watched this Symphony episode when it first aired.  

7 hours ago, Mass2Cruise said:

Smithsonian just started airing the Mighty Trains season that originally aired last November in Canada.  They might move on to Mighty Cruise Ships next, or it could be another 5 months if there's a simlar delay in airing.